Dallas Sidekick News

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by IndoorSoccerNews, Apr 27, 2012.

1. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    THE PRO ARENA SOCCER LEAGUE:
    It's the present, not necessarily the future... and depending on who you ask, that might a good thing (or not so much).

2. dtid

dtid Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Wasn't that affected by the ownership change with the Mavericks and the Mavs moving to the AAC?

And how about the various league changes? While the Sidekicks' attendance was strong enough to support a team, only the Globetrotters can be the Globetrotters - and even they need the Generals...

3. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just bought my season ticket - $184 for the remaining eight (including one maybe home playoff), since cash flow problems two weeks ago meant I could only pay for the season opener. Opening night was awesome, though I thought it should have been more like 12-2, instead of 6-2 with the way the two teams were playing, but the important thing was the home team had more goals than the visiting team when the clock ran out. :D

4. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucky...

I need to get out of Cali, I'm tired of cheering at online stream and twitter updates...

5. spinman

spinman Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Kansas City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to think going from playing in front of almost 6,000 fans in Allen to 300 in Grand Sports Rec facility is going to be a heck of reality check.

6. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are they not playing here anymore? Please say it aint so..

http://www.statefarmarena.com/about_arena.php

7. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    They are still playing there. I think he meant in general, not specifically their next game.

I think the Flash will be a very strong organization on and off the field.

I would have thought there would be a bigger culture shock, but the California Cougars joined the PASL from the MISL and no one seemed to bat an eye at playing in big arenas one day and indoor facilities the next.

8. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Other than the dwindling fan base, attendance and sponsor support that's a accurate statement. But hey what player doesn't mind playing in a big professional arena versus a rec facility.

9. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The RGV Flash is playing at State Farm. The facility spinman was mentioning is the home of the Chicago Mustangs, who are also in our division, so the Sidekicks will be making a visit there too this year.

10. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Jacksonville had the GENERALS... that didn't work out so well... ask Jay White!

11. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    4 championship banners from 3 different leagues, that's pretty cool

13. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happened to the sidekicks rug? Last game there were 2 large light colored greenish sections added

Attached Files:

Joey Tee repped this.
  14. balthrop

balthrop Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Plano, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What we think happened is that the arena installed those two sections upside down.

15. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Balthrop , in order for them to install it upside down they would need to flip that entire run a 15x85 foot bolt of carpet is heavy I think the put in the wrong sections some how . the would have seen it it was upside down because it has a different backing and you could not play on it some one would get hurt .

16. balthrop

balthrop Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Plano, Texas
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Point taken....I'm not sure what happened.

17. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Maybe the groundskeeper got fancy.

18. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is a closer shot. Looks done on purpose! Maybe a different type of carpet. Maybe the original stuff got damaged and this was a temporary
    [​IMG]

19. Skippysasquirrel

May 11, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks done on purpose. If it wasn't, I'm sure SOMEONE would have noticed before match time. Right?

20. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Might they have added/replaced a couple of sections to an existing carpet to accommodate the specific length needed for this arena? And an unrelated observation from this photo: The Flash has some butt-ugly uniforms... I mean, custom stuff is nice and all that, but really?

21. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their first game the carpet was all one color and fit well

22. Blastnut2

Blastnut2 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    It is the same carpet, the strip that appears different was put down with the nap of the carpet running in the opposite direction of the rest of the carpet so the light hit the carpet differently. The strip may have been installed East/West when that strip should have been installed West/East. By the time they noticed it, the rest of the carpet was down and it would have been too labor intensive to correct in time for that game.

23. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Or maybe they thought it looked cool the way baseball grass is cut in opposite directions.

24. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should be at the game on Saturday. Any requests of something I should report back with? Amateur stat, player observation?

25. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    21-1 tonight. A THRILLING win in front of 4700. nice