Dallas @ Rapids : Pre-|-Game-|-Post Saturday October 1st 7:00PM [R]

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by jayd8888, Sep 29, 2011.

1. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Comminges gets his second yellow and Kimura is injured. My battery is going to die on my laptop and I don't have my power cord with me. I'll have to follow the last ten minutes using twitter on my phone. I feel pessimistic that we'll see this one out.

2. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    Well, that feels good.

3. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Scrappy game, lots of petty fouls and players card-hunting, questionable reffing decisions, Drew Moor coming up huge...all that was missing was a certain illuminated international tower and Conor Casey scooping one in from his back.

4. RapidPSS

RapidPSS Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Pueblo, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That game was ugly. That game was hard. That game was hard to watch at times. That said, the Rapids did what a bunch of veterans should do when their backs are to the wall. They gutted out a win with heart, determination, and quite a bit of gamesmanship. Pickens made clutch saves even if he did kick and "adventure" like Bouna. Mullan was solid. Wynne was man of the match without a doubt. Kimura shut down Shea, and Moor had a good set piece goal. I hope this gives us the breathing room to focus our full attention to destroying FSL and Santos. Playoffs and CCL quarters would make this a successful regular season.

5. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice win, not sure what happened to ref in 2nd half, someone pissed him off.

Moor has to sit next game with yellow tonight.

6. fhnkeeper03

fhnkeeper03 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the RSL game? are you sure?

Side note... i asked drew for a goal(in this game) before I moved and he was gracious enough to score for my bday!!

I <3 drew!

7. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Maybe it's wrong but this was from the game preview

8. fhnkeeper03

fhnkeeper03 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he just served a game a few weeks ago... I dont think he is that close again.

9. DavidJames

DavidJames Member+

May 11, 2003
    Longmont
    Great summary.

Pickens almost gave me a heart attack by not coming out for a few rollers into the box. Then when he did come out he screwed that up. He looked like deer in headlights when he had to make a decision. He looked awesome when he had to simply react to a shot.

10. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Yes, great summary of Pickens' strengths and weaknesses!

11. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    But yeah, apt summary by RapidsPSS. I thought pts were gone when Chavez made that chip right at the end of regulation time.

Such an ugly game (Rapids 17 fouls, Dallas 12), and once again the Rapids had so much trouble getting in synch. But that was a much needed 3 pts. I wonder how much the CCL has taken out of both these clubs?

12. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sure hope I am wrong on Moor, I did pick that up from pre-game post.

If not we could be without up to 3 of our starters on back line (Cominges for sure with Red, Moor from Yellow and Kimura depending on Injury)...

Could gives up a good reason to go for it in CCL if above is true.

13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Official MLS Disciplinary Summary:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/mls-disciplinary-summary

Shows Moor with 6 going into the game, 8 is a suspension.

14. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    I think Kimura is ok. He must have taken an elbow or shoulder to the jaw or something that rung his bell a little. I went back on the recording looking to see if they showed what happened but if the camera caught it, I missed it. The play before the trainer came out, I noticed him bending over. When he came to the sideline he was stuffing gauze in his mouth and he looked a little dazed.

15. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I didn't think anything of it. This is K squared we are talking about. He's tough as nails; Chuck Norris has to give props. I would hate to have him marking me. Did anyone catch the Dallas player "give" him the ball for a throw in? It was a punk move and I was thinking about how I'd throw the ball in off the punks head. (I can't say who it was without watching the replay). Instead K^2 is composed beyond my American comprehension. It was like he earned the upper hand by letting his opponent stoop down. He is quickly becoming my all time favorite Rapid. Go ahead pop him in the mouth, he’ll be back. He makes me wish FSC or Gol would show J-league.

16. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Why was everyone in the stands boo ing at Zach Lloyd?
    Just curious if there's a story there.

17. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Wasn't everyone, just Class VI. Tradition, they boo whomever the opposition is on their side of the field that half (right back one half, left mid the other, usually) whenever they touch the ball.

18. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    It's a simple and awesome tradition of the Class VI supporters to boo a weekly victim. It is usually a player closest to their section. I am almost certain that there is no "real" reason for it other than to try to throw him off his game.

19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. sweeper33

sweeper33 Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Ah, sounded good on the broadcast.

21. Bridgeman

Bridgeman Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Feb 25, 2006
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. We should be able to hear him calling off the D when coming for the ball/directing traffic. I never do. Excellent saves however. Best game I've seen in 2 mos. Both teams brought it. Good job Rapids! :D

22. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Also on the positive, on television one could NOT read "COLORADO" in the stands, nice weather and a 'normal' day and time really help, marketing or lack thereof.

23. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
  24. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Ha, Q's 3rd goal was a Nane shot off his back that deflected in. That makes more sense.

25. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Amazing he wasn't in the sub list. I assume this means he's hurt rather than he's finally worn through GS's patience? He wasn't on the injury list, but that's not always up to date.