Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vydra with a good bit of work, but his shot/pass goes wide and to strong for anyone on the back post.

2. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am stuck watching some crappy Turkish stream but at least we are winning

FC Trout repped this.
  3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kadlec just stopped a goal. The ball was gonna bounce into the net but he hustled back and barely cleared it off the line. Great effort.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    2nd half so far it seems we've taken our foot of the gas a bit and nearly paid for a couple of times (the Kadlec clearance and the Lastuvka kick save). I think replacing Krejci with Jiracek has also taken away some of the width that we were exploiting in the first half.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    FT 2-0

Goal 1:

Goal 2:

6. FC Trout

FC Trout Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Helena, Montana
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Was that a first-team Turkish squad? Nice win, regardless! or perhaps more accurately, pěkné vyhrát...

7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I recognized a few of Turkey's players so I think it was a mix of starters and hopefuls. Regardless, it was a good win for us. We did it with some new players and it looks like we will have a good qualifying campaign.

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The squad for the Armenia and Denmark WCQs:

Brankáři: Petr Čech, Jan Laštůvka, Tomáš Vaclík.
    Obránci: Michal Kadlec, Tomáš Sivok, Theodor Gebre Selassie, Marek Suchý, Martin Latka, David Limberský, František Rajtoral.
    Záložníci: Bořek Dočkal, Tomáš Hübschman, Tomáš Rosický, Vladimír Darida, Ladislav Krejčí, Jaroslav Plašil, Petr Jiráček, Daniel Kolář.
    Útočníci: David Lafata, Stanislav Tecl, Matěj Vydra, Tomáš Pekhart.

Overall, I really like this squad, though I probably would have gone with Kozak over Tecl.

Skevin and FC Trout repped this.
  9. FC Trout

FC Trout Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Helena, Montana
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A must-win today?

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Every match is a must win!

11. FC Trout

FC Trout Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Helena, Montana
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    As an admirer of Cornelius and FCK, I am pained that he opened the scoring....

12. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Skevin repped this.
  13. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vydra has had a great season for Watford. I have been able to watch a few games and I have watched him play for the national team. I have to admit, I am excited to have this player. I hope Watford get promoted and use the money to purchase him. I would love to be able to watch him consistently in the EPL.

14. FC Trout

FC Trout Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Helena, Montana
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Petr Jiráček had the most complete game I've seen for Hamburg on Saturday. A first goal of the season (to balance out that red card) and nearly another.

15. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Has he been playing at all this season?

16. FC Trout

FC Trout Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Helena, Montana
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He played consistently after his transfer (about game 4, I believe.) Then he got hurt before the winter break, lost his starting spot, and only recently returned after the last international break. He has been playing with fire! That bodes well for CZE

17. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The Czech republic is currently in 3rd place in their group, what do you think guys are your chances to become runner ups in the group jump ahead of Bulgaria and qualify for the playoffs.
    BTW how is Gebre Selassie doing on the team form wise? and is he well accepted by the nation or society....

18. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We will over take Bulgaria. Bilek is not the best coach, but he will get us to the world cup. We have a lot of good youth players so hopefully they will bring a strong future for us.

Selassie has been great ever since he first joined the national team. I remember when I first saw him I was first a bit confused as to why he was starting, but he quickly proved himself as a quality right back. I don't know why he wouldn't be accepted by the nation. Yes there are a few idiots who are racist in Czech but when it comes to the national team, we will support anyone who helps us win.

19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Vydra will not be playing with us this season. No club has come in with a £15m offer which will see him sold.

He is currently training with Udinese and may end up playing there at our sister club this season. I wish him all the best. It is a shame we won't see him again but he should become a world class striker.

However I don't think his agent Ondrej Chovanec comes out of this well touting Matej all summer and never keeping his mouth shut.

Daniel Pudil meanwhile, although well on the fringes of national selection has signed a three year contract with us. He has a bought a house here with his lovely wife Veronika and young son and hopefully another to come.

20. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    There is still nearly a month and a half for a move to be made for Vydra. Apparently some EPL club wanted Vydra last month. Who knows what is going on now.

21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Skevin, Sunderland put in a bid. At £8M it was deemed too small by the Pozzo family.

A couple of other teams in the EPL wanted him on a season long loan but this was not agreeable to any party.

Just been reading that he is also deemed surplus to Udinese and their EL and serie A squad. Which might see him return back here or be sent to Granada. Of course if a club comes in with the right money he will be sold.

That is the Udinese model.

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I was hoping my favorite club, Aston Villa, would come and make a bid for him especially if Christian Benteke is sold.

23. Waliatiger

Waliatiger Member+

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great to hear.. I heard the czechs seers going through a transistional period. In 2004 and 06 you had a height of success and talent and since 2008 have fallen off. With the decent performance in euro 2012 and contending to qualify in next year WC would you say the czechs are back as a NT.

24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It's tough to say if we are back as a serious contender just yet. We are not at the stage we were back from 04-06 that's for sure. Last years Euros I think surprised a lot of nations. No one expected these young Czech players who played in Czech at the time to be any good. Pilar, Selassie, Limbersky, Darida, and Kolar were those players that no one expected to have such a good showing. Rosicky getting injured really messed things up for the Czechs. The Portugal match desperately needed Rosicky, but we lost without our captain.

Right now I'd say we are definitely in a transition. We have players who are just on the edge of ending their international careers and players who are just barely good enough to be considered international players. I think the Czechs will have one hell of a team for Euros 2016 or maybe even next year if a few younger players manage to play well this season and our older players still compete at a high level. I am a little worried about the defense though. There are not too many promising talents defensively right now but who knows what could happen in the coming years. I just know, Czech is one nation to watch.

25. FC Trout

FC Trout Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Helena, Montana
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    What's the chatter on Armenia? Need those points before the trip a italia