Cyprus Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by jonny63, Dec 7, 2013.

1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i've seen lots of shenanigans in lots of district matches and i've never seen anything like this either. i pity both those fools.

about the coaching box, i wonder if the rule is even explicit enough to define whether one foot on the line is enough, if you need to be completely within the box... i doubt anyone felt the need for any such precision before these two clowns showed up. do they even have coaching boxes in NA? i remember when milliken played here the referee was unable to make their coaching staff understand that players warming up on the sidelines needed to wear bibs.

i still think the irish girl should have waltzed a full TWENTY meters up the field just to see what the ref would do under the circumstances... and try to get krusty and sideshow bob to go postal. but even if she wasn't clever she made a helluva throw. if she intended to do better than that she didn't want much.

blissett repped this.
  2. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol, liked the whole of your post, but especially the Simpsons' reference. :giggle:

3. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    No we don't have rectangular technical areas, we have circles, because we're the village idiots, right. We stand in them wearing our Olympic Bronze medals.

I've seen 14 year old officials chase parent coaches back in the technical area at u9 matches.

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well i've seen a parent grab a linesman's flag and start hitting him on the head with it.

but shorts? never.

5. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Live here, then judge. The French in Canada are known for wearing speedos at the beach.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    been there, done that!

7. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that was a player doing that, its a cautionable offense...yellow card for delaying the restart and/or unsportsmanlike conduct. Its not about the fact that he remains in the technical area...he's still delaying the restart. However, coaches cannot be shown cards; only players and substitutes can be shown a card. The rule of thumb for officials dealing with coaches is "Ask, Tell, Dismiss." I'd guess the 4th official there was at the "tell" stage.

blissett and guignol repped this.
  8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    well, mr. smartypants... knowing what you're talking about instead of just making up suppositions like the rest of us is not really playing fair, is it?

are you sure you know what internetz discussion is all about?

Gilmoy repped this.
  9. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha! I used to referee; I couldn't really help myself. :D

Smulan repped this.
  10. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Which brings up one of my pet peeves - on throw-in's basically every player on every team on the face of the earth moves well up from where they know the ball went out. It's one of the most annoying things when you're playing. Doesn't matter if you're from a latin country known for gamesmanship or a country known for honour-based competition - the ball goes into touch, and the player pump-fakes five times while moving 15 yards up the pitch. Men, women, children. The little voice on the shoulder saying "yeah, yeah, keep moving up" is pummeling the snot out of the voice saying "now you know the ball went out back there"...

gricio61 and JanBalk repped this.
  11. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

i'm really surprise karina isn't hired to work the sidelines more. she's a natural. alex scott looking mighty nice, i'd say. :p

Gromit06 and gricio61 repped this.
  12. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I think that Karina does it frequently, actually... I agree with you, she's very efficient.
    Alex is absolutely lovely.... :inlove:
    And Camille is Camille, always so cheerful and funny :)

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The CSA are not happy, they have emailed the girls who published the Herdman video :

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well it was an April's fool, thank god for that...you never know with FA's some of them are touchy