Cyprus Cup 2014

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by jonny63, Dec 7, 2013.

1. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Who was France's #22 who was seen at the end of the video, next the side-line, and couldn't enter the match before the triple whistle? :p

2. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the match report at thefa.com, #22 is Amel Majri.

blissett repped this.
  3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    for the sign, holden has the answer. it's like all the kids not just in france but in all of europe doing and wearing things that can get you glocked in cali.

i liked the technique on that video: the picture quality not HD perfect but kind of artistic.

we now now there were at least half a dozen spectators in the stadium for the final. and we know they had a vuvuzuela.

if england's best (and apparently only) chance was jills scott's shot, 2-0 was a pretty cheap ticket out.

if thomis work on GT's goal was all she did all match it's still pretty awesome.

4. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    That's exactly what I said. And only a twisted mind can turn my words in an opposite way of what Iwrote and meant, just in order to tackle me. Some people should learn to read and think. When I wrote "And don't tell me that they did it especially for the English, your joke would be too easy ;)", that was only to prevent anyone to come and say it as a joke, precisely. To let believe that "I" think and say it myself, is half stupid, half dishonest.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  5. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hahahaaa I didn't know Winston Churchill was a vulgar gangster who loved hip hop culture....YO! Wizzle from Eazzle !
    [​IMG]

I didn't know in 2014 people are still twisting words and completely (and deliberately) forgetting their meaning or popular meaning , like this stupid french comedian who twisted the meaning of quenelle (which IS a delicious french dish) and it's now accused to be "nazi word" by some folks (including her government) who are way more stupid than him......but as you could read in this forum french people (especially men) are sensitive creature....:rolleyes:

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm surprised no one's suggested that the hand signal means 2, for the goals they scored. without any background that might even seem the most likely interpretation.

what counters that is that in france finger counting starts with the thumb, thus two is :

[​IMG]

it's still possible that the score does have something to do with the gesture, flavored by popular culture. it would be interesting to play the match several times and do a plan d'expérience.

failing that, we could just drop it.

7. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I knew they had a very tiny chance to win when I saw their starting eleven....Liked really Sampson thinks Asante and Kelly Smith are still good enough to play against a strong opponent like France:eek::confused:...I don't think he saw the Euro match.....Lucy Bronze is wasted as cb , did Flaherty is injured ?

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    btw, that dieudonné's quenelle is meant to be antisemitic i can understand.

but the connections signifiant/signifié between the name it's been given and the physical gesture itself, and then from the physical gesture to its concept escape me entirely. with de saussure, lacan and foucault (also hitler... and also churchill) all dead i'm afraid it's something we'll have to ask nicolas anelka.

or hatem ben arfa.

9. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    #109 mumf, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Gromit that is extremely insulting, all that holden posted was a simple explanataion about a "Victory" meaning. It was you who wrote the "F....you" language, and now holden has a "twisted mind" for THIS ?

10. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #110 debzy, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    That's the problem Guignol , this "affaire" is more complicated than we think.....as Dieudo still friend with Elie Semoun and the owner of the only theatre where he plays are Georges Melka and Gabriel Levy ,two jewish men.....and both declared to not knowing who he is(dieudo) and what he was doing in "their" theatre during all these years.....That is why I repeat all this "affaire" is faker than reality shows....
    As you say now we have to ask the signification of a word to Anelka , Ben Harfa or BHL......ma douce France ou vas-tu?:cry:

11. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    You haven't understood a single word of what I wrote, it's pathetic and make me say the exact reverse of what I said. I thought I was on your "ignore list" by the way ? Holden was RIGHT in its post, and you are WRONG. Is that clear ? Now, leave me alone again and forever, please. Thank you.

12. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I'll say this: when I don't like another poster, I just put him/her on ignore and keep it moving. I have several bigots on the list, which means that I don't have to worry about reading their foolishness...

So back to the topic: Congrats France! :thumbsup:

Who was the tournament MVP?

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No tournament MVP, top scorer only Lisa Evans 4 goals for Scotland.
    Flaherty is doing rehab at the moment and has been injured since January. Did not attend the La Manga camp.

14. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    Huh?! In Euro2013, Italy reached the Quarters, as far as France went.
    And were only eliminated 1-0 by Germany, the champions.
    They were also the only team to beat semi-finalists Denmark - the team that eliminated France.

debzy repped this.
  15. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I know you're joking here, but he's not holding them horizontally... maybe someone could photoshop it to be that way? (Also, the gang symbol itself is not vulgar, although arguably Churchill was being vulgar in that picture... ;))

16. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You say it all.....loooool....don't worry we know in this forum who knows what is talking about and who don't.....:rolleyes:;).

mumf repped this.
  17. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What do y'all think? Was it illegal?

18. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    What are you talking about ? He is in his reserved zone, and that's the player who goes in it. I don't say that Herdman doesn't take advantage of it, but illegal ??

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well he blocks the Irish girl from taking the throw by moving on her way repeatedly. The 4th referee tell him so. A player would probably get booked.

blissett repped this.
  20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he's out of his coaching box most of the time too. and he's wearing shorts. the guy obviously has no class at all. but hey, he's canadian.

if the irish girl had been clever she'd have just moved upfield 5 meters past the coaching box and taken her throw in from there. and then have a big laugh when the canadian coach complains. the officials would just tell him he had it coming.

blissett repped this.
  21. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    When you live in a country that's like your freezer, when you go anywhere you wear shorts. Totally acceptable in Canada. We don't get caught up on appearances. He's also not Canadian, he's English. But to many francophones that's the same thing.

The assistant is the one who's movements are questionable. But really, how spastic do you have to be to not be able to walk around someone. Most basketball players do it in the key with two players in their shorts.

Gromit06 repped this.
  22. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can't see properly but I think the assistant is the one with the short or I am wrong?

23. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    I dont know the rules that well to say its definitely illegal, and dont know any precedent cases simply because I have never seen anything quite like it. To make it worse, there are TWO of them at it. Highly unethical, highly disgraceful.
    Edit - of course coaches can get YCs an even RCs, so I would assume this is also technically illegal.

guignol and blissett repped this.
  24. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    As law10 said, the man in shorts is Herdman's assistant. And you're right, the Irish girl was really not clever ;)

25. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's possible that the girl wasn't clever, but this kind of behaviour from Canada's bench seems highly unsportsmanlike to me, and even childish. I would expect to see that on my backyard's lawn, from mischievous neighbor's kids killing time in the afternoon, not from staff of a Senior National Team in an international event.