CUSTOMIZING YOUR BOOTS [2] - Tips and tricks here plz!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    If this works, by any chance you think you could whiteout Superflys? If the whiteout works on the synthetic part of the adizero, there could be a chance on superflys?

2. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a step ahead if you. I was planning on selling my superflys, but I will ptob test out this technique on them. I already have white paint, so I'll let you know after i get started on them.

3. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Would by my dream, to get a whiteout pair of superflys :)

4. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    if it doestn work you could always try nikeid? :p

5. xCTRL

xCTRL Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    FulhamFTW come on, give us pics of the finished adizeros! I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to see them :D

6. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I 2nd that motion to see them!!!! :D

7. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I've gotten the majority of spray paint off besides in like stitching areas and small little areas, would it be alright to leave those? Also they're still soaked, should i let them dry off before i try to get the factory layer off? Whats the most effective way to get it off quick, because there's some patches that it's come off already but i cant get the other parts. Thanks for any answers and i still don't know what colors i'm going to do them, so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. :)

8. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted finished pics of the Adizeros a few pages back. Here's what I'm working on now.

DON'T LOOK!!!!! I'M NAKED!!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OMG!!!!! :eek: Have you no shame, sir? Please censure that picture this instant!!!! LOL!!!!! JK!!!!

Looks weird with the graphics!!!! Hope it works. Have some SF II for you if it does.

10. MercurialMaster

MercurialMaster New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You just use acetone and the swoosh + design came straight off ?

11. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but it really isn't that simple. It's difficult to remove it cleanly without little flecks of paint sticking to the shoe. Also, you can't rub to hard, otherwise it will mess up the upper. It is a synthetic shoe, and acetone is a little bit rougher on it than normal leather. You have to be especially delicate with the tongue.

12. OnlyFootball

OnlyFootball Member

Oct 19, 2010
    If you add a large white vinyl swoosh to the upper where the original large swoosh used to be I think those would look awesome. That instep design is kinda tacky, it looks loads better without it.

13. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First coat of white.

[​IMG]

14. Cheppski

Cheppski New Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Jeez, you should have just left the superfly's unbranded and plain cactus :p

15. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or, I should have just bought the Windchills. The work would have taken a fraction as long. Speaking of which, if anyone has a pair of Windchills in a US 8 that they want to sell, PM me.

16. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Just a question, when youre taking off the swoosh+instep design, isnt there a chance of removing the base cactus colour aswell?

17. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, there is. That's why it's important to be very delicate when removing the factory finish. The base color is kind built into the material. You can't really remove it without damaging the upper. All that's really required is that the factory wax/finish is removed so that the paint you are using has something to bond to. Also, having that base color still there keeps the new paint looking smooth. That's why it's important that when you are painting leather, you don't rough it up too much with acetone before you begin painting. I really hope all this info helps. I can't wait to see some of the other projects out there.

18. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    I have just gotten a pair of new SF I's in yellow/black, So im debating wether to try and whiteout my blackouted pair :p Or, it was a pair of black/yellow superfly I's, i just removed the swoosh with nail varnish polisher, which basicly is just acetone mixed with other things :p.. But do you think if i just wash them off with acetone, and try to white them out, that it would work on a pair of black boots :)?

19. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really, you should just be able to remove the factory finish and paint right on top of the black.

20. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
  21. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, essentially, that's all there is to it. And yes, those are exactly the products that I use. However, I would stay away from the "HIGH GLOSS", as they will make your boots look very plasticy. Also, and I cannot stress this enough, BE PATIENT. The number of coats(paint) depends on you. Just make sure you apply the coats lightly, evenly, and allow for them to dry before the next coat, and you'll be just fine. The finish should be good after a couple of coats. seeing as though these are soccer shoes, I recommend a thick finishing coat.

22. Antondkdk

Antondkdk Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Can you link your recommended finish :)?

23. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    turtlefeathers.net

Comes in the same bottle as that HIGH GLOSS that you posted, you just have to specify what finish you want. Matte, Satin, Gloss, High Gloss. The choise is yours, but I would go for the regular gloss or satin.

24. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys/Gals, I just want to add that this technique has not been fully tested in all conditions. Please understand this before you try this at home. Also, don't huff too many of those acetone fumes. With that being said, here you go....

[​IMG]

25. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking good!!!!!! :cool: What is gonna be the final color?