CUSTOMIZING YOUR BOOTS [2] - Tips and tricks here plz!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    what product did you use? and please keep us posted on how it stays on

2. Danger

Danger New Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    I used multiple coats of leather dye to achieve a dark grey and then finished it off with a couple layers of industrial strength sharpie pen. Worked out really well, just need to see if it holds up.

Only needed to do the white swoosh and the white highlights on the heel so don't expect too many problems with it coming off.

3. Danger

Danger New Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    For the folk asking about how my blackout tiempo's hold up, used them last night for a 90 mins game of 5s on astro turf and they're perfect. No sign of the dye/marker coming off at all. Even the sole of the boot has kept 100% blacked out even though it's plastic and had the most contact with the astro turf.

Early days yet but looks like they're going to hold up well. The real test will be when I use them in the rain.

4. robben_sneijder

Sep 29, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    cheers, keep us posted

5. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starting a new project. this was done with acetone, and was a serious pain in the ass due to all of the small creases and wrinkles in the leather.

[​IMG]

6. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    looks great keep it up :)

7. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The acetone didn't take the color out of the synthetic part. I haven't really figured out how I'm going to handle that. I was thinking a VERY high grit sand paper.

8. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    i contacted customfootyboots.com, i think someone here works for them?, but i ask if they could black out my cactus superflys and change the white swoosh to a new color which they said they don't have enough time for custom work like that or something along those lines. they also suggested get a full black out then apply some type of vinyl sheet cut into the swooshes shape?? does anyone know of this method? and if so could you please explain how it works and where i can buy the material? thanks

9. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Basically, you can there just stickers you put over the swoosh so you can have any colour you want

10. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like this?

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840598&page=3

12. Cheppski

Cheppski New Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    If I were to remove all if the adidas stripes on my Copas would that comprimise the stability of them?

13. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Juventus_Supporter

May 29, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I did it to mine and it's definitely not something I'd do again, the stripes go way down after they are visible. To remove the whole stripe you have to cut through the extra leather that covers them which leaves a gap there which looks like they're torn. You can cut em of at the point that the stripes end but you'll still see a little bit of white.

15. Cheppski

Cheppski New Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Well if that's the case I'm heading down to the cobblers later to see if he can black the stripes out.

16. Zaghe

Zaghe Member

May 13, 2009
    Hollywood,CA
    Club:
    Real Zaragoza
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some one posted a link here (if I'm not mistaken) not too long ago about Omar Gonzalez (L.A. Galaxy player) customized Adidas Adipowers,I went a few treads back,but couldn't find it,if anyone could help me in finding it,I will appreciate it,thanks.

17. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is the link:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23767250&postcount=533

18. Zaghe

Zaghe Member

May 13, 2009
    Hollywood,CA
    Club:
    Real Zaragoza
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^ Thanks mate I appreciate it,for some reason I thought they were adipower's,but they are adipure's,thanks again.

19. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No problem Bob! LOL!

20. colinstu310

colinstu310 Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Bonnie Scotland
    Club:
    Rangers
    Looking for some help RE stud inserts for a mixed sole conversion.
    I was thinking of using these 1's, which i have seen on here people using in the past & i think might be the best.
    [​IMG]
    However, i have seen these on a sports/football website:-
    http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_info.php?cpath=40_281&products_id=2358
    They also sell the washers that would go with this type of insert.
    http://www.acasports.co.uk/product_info.php?cpath=40_281&products_id=3744
    I have used the site before & they sponsor & are official club shop for a couple of senior teams in Scotland so on that basis im thinking they know their stuff.
    Just looking for some opinions, cheers peeps :)
    To add to this, is there any way i would be able to find out the thickness of the sole on my boots? I know that the inserts come in different lengths & was told before that for converting copa's 12mm should be used for the rear 2 studs & 8mm for the front. Should i use this as a general rule for ALL boots? Would rather have as much info as possible before i go drilling holes in my boots!! FYI the boots im considering converting are Predator X Absolions , cheers

21. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worked on them a little more today. Would love to here some thoughts on it.

[​IMG]

22. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    what did you paint them with?? looks like it might chip but other wise looks great the white will look very good with the white soleplate and green studs

23. FulhamFTW

FulhamFTW Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Midwest, US
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Angelus paint. I stripped the original leather with acetone first, put a thin layer of white on top, and will cover it all in red when I'm done. Everything will be finished off with a regular gloss finisher, which is both flexible and water/rub resistant. I shouldn't have any issues, but I will certainly put it through testing after it's all done. The hard part was trying to get all of the wrinkles in the leather filled without it looking chunky. The good part is that I can over paint on the sole all I want because it just scrapes off. I think I saw Chivamex did a black sole, so I might try something like that as well.

24. maze2daze11

maze2daze11 Member

Jan 17, 2009
    So Cal
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @FulhamFTW

Very very good job. Keep us posted with pics!!!! I am very curious how it will turn out!

25. naplessharks23

Feb 15, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    oh erll good luck hope it turns out keep us updated with pics!!