CSN Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by txsn, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from today's Canetti chat:

I'm speculating it's a package with CSN Houston. I do think it would be nice to keep KPRC on as well, they get some decent coverage out of that.

May be some short-term problems if the holdouts on CSN stay out thru next year, but it's the right long-term move to go with a true Houston sports channel, presuming you think the stalemate breaks at some point. CSN is light years better for local stuff than FS Houston was, problem is they want $3.50 a head to watch each month.

2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    CSN Houston will now be showing some Aeros games on tape delay the next day. The upcoming schedule. These are all home games.

Aeros Hockey on Comcast SportsNet Houston
    Jan. 5 vs. Texas – noon
    Jan. 6 vs. San Antonio – noon
    Jan. 14 vs. Charlotte – 8 p.m.
    Feb. 2 vs. Texas – noon
    Feb. 5 vs. San Antonio – noon
    Feb. 24 vs. OKC - TBD

3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol...I had posted this a minute before you on the other thread. I knew there was a better one XD...this was my post..

Comcast Sports Network to air limited amount of Houston Aeros' games

Here's a list of the games with the date and time of when the games will originally be played:

Date and Time of Broadcast/ Date and Time of Home Game
    Jan. 5 vs. Texas – noon / Jan 4. at 7:05PM
    Jan. 6 vs. San Antonio – noon / Jan. 5 at 7:05PM
    Jan. 14 vs. Charlotte – 8 p.m. / Jan. 13 at 5:05PM
    Feb. 2 vs. Texas – noon / Feb. 1 at 7:05PM
    Feb. 5 vs. San Antonio – noon / Feb. 4 at 7:05PM
    Feb. 24 vs. OKC - TBD / Feb. 23 at 7:05PM

4. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    ^But any updates on the new lease in Toyota Center. The games are not live but it could be a chance that the Aeros may stay in Houston.

5. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's exactly what I was thinking. This seems like good news when it comes to the lease. Since the Rockets own part of CSN, right? It could mean that they'll keep them here and use them to have more things to show on their channel. For example, what do you should when the Dynamo aren't playing (if they join), the Rockets are off, and Astros haven't begun? Aeros could take up that space before Astros. lol

I asked Joe about it, and he said that they're still working on it and they won't release any details due to negotiations.

6. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Allegedly CSN had a deal worked out with DirecTV before the Rockets season, but the Astros turned it down hoping for more money. If that's true they may be more willing to take a deal as the Astros season approaches. The article also has more confirmation that the Dynamo will be on the channel.

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2013/01/astros_blocked_csn_deal.php

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The most ironic thing is that the Astros are holding out for more leverage, which is delusional since after they get off to an 11-36 start in the AL West no one will care about watching them. I guess baseball starting plus the Rockets in the playoffs COULD generate some leverage.

Assuming this continues into the summer, it will be interesting to see if the Dynamo enforce a blackout on MLS Live and Direct Kick. Although most games thru May are on EsPN2 or NBCSN or UniMas

8. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This is a great line in that article from the president of CSN Houston:

Wow, Comcast thinks there is value in CSN Houston? A station partially owned by NBC Universal, a Comcast subsidiary. Really? I'll bet those were tough negotiations.

9. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to watch the f*****g Rockets. Seriously, I can't take another awards show.

*rey* repped this.
  10. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The first Dynamo away game that would be a problem is the game at Portland on April 6. The Astros season starts on April 2 so hopefully something will break by then.

The next Dynamo away game that would likely be on CSN-H is the game at Toronto on April 20 and then at DC on May 8.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

11. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rockets vs Clippers

I'll be there.

Btw. Living social deal for four corner seats for Aeroes for $40.

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw another story where the spin was that since Comcast does not control the network, local Comcast "negotiated" it's deal with CSN.

Then again, some people on this board believe the Dynamo FO has no pull or influence over anything at BBVA Compass Stadium so I guess someone could buy that story

13. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like someone involved in that report is unclear on the meaning of the term "confidential".

JC507 repped this.
  14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think he meant "confidently" but mistyped

15. cfig

cfig Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be a much better interpretation :)

16. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    It's official. Dynamo games on CSN-Houston. It's nice to get a 3 year deal. Now they just have to get the carriage rights sorted out.

http://blog.chron.com/sportsmedia/2013/01/dynamo-games-moving-to-csn-houston/

anderson repped this.
  17. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I guess now all we can do is hope for them to work something out.

18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if it means KPRC is out all together. Though as of now the dynamo have 22 games not on national tv (presuming they won't televise the UniMas games in English)

19. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm hearing a rumor that we'll still have some games on KPRC (maybe 6) and some games in Spanish on a local channel, maybe KTBU, ch. 55. KTBU is now part of the MEGA TV Spanish language network.

20. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This ********ing sucks. All of us with Uverse are screwed. I am never going back to Comcast.
    I guess having MLS Live will be of no use again as well.

Borrachin repped this.
  21. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad I didn't renew MLS live. I have dish as well so I'm part of the 65% fked

22. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I don't understand why people seem to think that the current status quo is going to last forever. CSN-H will get this figured out. We need to think long-term. The Rockets and Astros are not going to stay long-term in the current situation.

And MLS Live is going to be exactly the same as it was last year. Nothing in that regard is changing. It is mostly to get out of market games. All of our games were on national or local TV last year, they will be again this year and for the foreseeable future. Not sure I get the complaints against MLS Live.

23. JC507

JC507 Member+

Jan 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is mls live the same as direct kick? I get direct kick and sometimes/most of the time the houston game are on.

24. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The majority of Dynamo games last year were blacked out. When I was out town for most of June, July and August I was not able to watch many games on MLS Live, maybe two.

I subscribed to MLS Live because I knew I would be traveling for work.

25. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    The complaints over MLS live are with both consistency and with standards. All years previous to 2012; the Dynamo games were not blacked out for Local coverage. Last year they were. Of course, you don't know this until you fork over the 50 bucks and realize week by week you see almost nothing live. The issue is most local markets are not blacking out for local coverage. So it changes by market/team, can change by year, and there is no way to know prior to the purchasing and looking each week. At least in other sports they have a stated local blackout policy.