CS Emelec... News 2008/09 (r) part III

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by ecuastar10, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: CS Emelec

Cris 09 What beer do you suggest? Why should I take pride in a beer? I just want to drink something and whatever it is, the next day I am going to wake up with a headache. It does not make a difference to me. It used to happen when I was in Ecuador with Pilsener. I take pride in my team, Emelec.

2. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Where do you live? There are plenty of good micro-breweries that produce great beer. I live in NY and Saranac is a great producer of several beers. I don't mind paying a few extra dollars for quality.

Then again, I'm also part German so it's in my blood.

The better the quality, the less you are going to feel it the next day, especially if you stay hydrated while drinking - that is the key.

I actually loved Pilsiner while I was in Ecuador. It is so much better than Coors, Budweiser or Miller, whichare an insult to beer and tastes like absolute shit. The last time I allowed that shit to get consumed by myself I was in my young 20's and simply didn't know any better.

3. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Cris 09... I live in Queens, New York. I am going to a place where they sell beer and try something different. I will buy I am guessing something from Germany, Ireland or somewhere in Europe because over there beer drinking is like a second sport to soccer or fútbol. I will take this into advice and do my research. I still have a few Coors Light and Coronas that I need to finish and I am not putting them to waste. I will finish them and then I will look for the other different brand of beer. What brand of beer do you suggest for me to get? Name a few so I do not run out of options. In Ecuador I drank Brahma. Are you familiar with this beer? It also got me f....d up. That is important for me. The headache the next day I just have to deal with it as usual. I have to talk about Emelec here and I also have to mention that in 2 or 3 occasions Elizaga in key situations of the game saved a goal from happening. Had U. scored in any of those occasions, the game could have had different results. This is why having a good goalie like Elizaga in our team is key to prevent the other team to rise up in the game.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Saranac Beer is a micro-breweries from upstate NY so you should be able to find them at your store.

http://www.saranac.com/section/

Don't get fooled by the brands like Heineken and Beck's (from Bremen, my dad's hometown) or Guiness. They are very good beers but you usually end up paying more for the brand name rather than the beer itself - though I would never turn those down.

A lot will come to the type of beer you like as well. IPA, lager, pils, amber. I prefer my beers a bit on the darker side as the taste is much fuller. Saranac has a great Black and Tan, which is my favorite. In the end, it is a matter of taste so I would recommend you get a 12 case with different types of beer and you can make up your own mind on which one you actually prefer. Believe me, once you explore the options beyond the realm of the Budweisers and Millers and Coors, you will be amazed that beer can actually taste so good.

Shipyard is from Maine, they also have great beer.

My personal favorite beer that is usually pretty common to find at bars or at regular stores is Sam Adams. They make a pretty good product.

I have tried all the beers in Ecuador while I was there for 10 years. Brahma was ok but I always preferred Pilsener. I remember, when I first went back to Ecuador, every time I would go to a bar and speak with an accent, bartenders, saw a "gringo" and always wanted to offer be Budweiser. I was like, "No thanks, Pilsener, por favor". Forget the fact that it was so much cheaper, truth is, it is just so much better.

I have no problem paying a little extra for my beer so I can get a quality product, but in this case, I didn't have too - it was opposite...

5. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Cris 09... So the best beer in Ecuador is Pilsener. Is that correct? I like Pilsener myself.

6. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

By the way, Pilsener is the only beer that it is sold in Estadio Capwell and in El Monumental in Guayaquil when I was there to watch the games.

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

It is for me, but that is a matter of taste.

8. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I'll take your word for it. Coming from somebody that has German blood and knows about beer. I just drink it and get f....d up. I will try to open my horizons for other type of beers.

9. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

There is no reason why you can't get fucked up with something that actually tastes good and stimulates your taste buds as well as your brain. ;)

10. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Dortmund or should I say bier in Northern Germany is awful to me. I never liked it. The best bier comes from Bavaria and a close second is belgian beer. I heard stories that many many moons ago Pilsener from Ecuador actually won some type of competition and was considered one the the top beers in the world but like everything else in Ecuador. Tropical, manzana and Guitig. it friggin sucks now.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Once again, it comes down to taste. The Bavarian Weizenbier just doesn't do it for me, though they make a great Pils.

My dad is from Bremen (Northern Germany) and that is where I mostly lived while in Germany. Despite being home of world renowned Becks Bier, NO ONE there drinks that there, it is full of wonderful microbreweries. I swear, every bar or restaurant you went to had their own beer. It was great.

12. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Arg. Futbol... I heard that you used to play professional fútbol in Ecuador? Is that true? For what teams, and in what years? Did you play for C. S. Emelec?

13. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

No Never play professionally in ecuador. Never lived in Ecuador but I used to practice with Filanbanco during my summer vacations. I put up some pics of my filanbanco uniform here in this forum awhile back. I Did play for Sandhausen sv in Germany. Futbol was never in the cards for me. I never really dedicated much time to it.

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You are absolutely right about that!

I never saw Becks, lowenbrau or even st pauli when I lived in Germany. One of the best beers I ever had was in Rotenberg ober tauber during a medieval fest. They busted out this wooden keg and this caramel smoke bier came out. Holy shit!! my liver had a orgasim!

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

You find them all over airports and the train stations at their bars, restaurants, café's and kiosks. That's because that is were they market to the tourists that don't know any better .

Lol...that sounds like something i would enjoy.

16. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Arg. Futbol... Where were you born? Do you have family in Ecuador? How did you end up in Ecuador?

17. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

When is Emelec playing vs D. Quito in El Estadio Capwell? I know this game was suspended to another day.

18. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

This is the possible lineup that Emelec might play vs Olmedo: Elizaga; Achilier, Morante, C. Quiñonez y Gimenez; Quiroz, Wila, Gaibor y Biglieri; Rojas y J. Ayoví.

19. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Great victory by Emelec vs Olmedo. C. Menendez headed the ball on the 49th minute to score the goal. Good for him that he was in uncomfortable situation coming from the bench and now that he scored this key goal, he gained the trust of the other players, the coach and the fans. Unbelievable.

20. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Emelec's lineup: Klimowicz; C A Quiñonez, Mina, Morante, Achilier; Wila, Quiroz, Valencia, Gaibor; Rojas, Achilier. Around the 31st minute, Morante and Miller Bolaños decide to play the ball a little hard and they ended doing some contact on each other, the referee decided to eject both players for being physical on each other. End of the first half. Emelec 0 vs LDU Q O.

21. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

J L Quiñonez comes in F. Gaibor comes out. Min 47- E Valencia scores. Emelec 1- LDU Q 0.

22. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

D Quiroz is the captain today.

23. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

min 58- C Luna comes in and P Urrutia comes out.

24. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Min 60- E Games comes in and N Araujo comes out

25. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Min 64- E Valencia is having a great game. Emelec 1- LDU Q 0.