Cruz Azul Rebuilding Thread

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by roro10, Nov 27, 2006.

1. roro10

roro10 Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's pretty safe to say everyone is dissapointed at the management and players for the lack of desire to win a title these past few years. We can't complain we haven't had the talent to win, so it comes down to the players being unmotivated and the management not having the balls to pull some plugs.

However, we can't say we are in a crisis.We were superlideres this year. wooohooo:rolleyes: that is really not something to be proud of. 30 points is pathetic for a league leader. The point is we need to clean house. We have some good young players (Chavez, Dominguez, Villaluz:confused: 0 but its clear mizrahi has to go as well as some players who haven't been up to par. Pereyra, verne, conejo, have to go. It hurts me a lot to say this but chelito doesn't same to be motivated anymore. Maybe he needs to go:(

Feel free to add potential players and coaches we could go after, looking for a fresh and young cruz azul, that can play creative football that has been lacking.

2. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    1. Take the team away from Billy. He can be the financial manager,president,whatever, let the people who know choose.

2. Fire inexperienced coach Mizrahi.

3. Fire the core of our foreign players, except maybe for Delgado and Nuñez.

4. Fire the core of mexican players (exceot for the very young players_), this includes specially to have a new GK. Corona anyone?

Now, start rebuilding.

3. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Just slap the Azul Jersey on most the Atlas players and get El Loco Bielsa as the coach

4. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Cruz Azul has allways been one my favourite clubs, you know the club you adopt once your club is out of the running. So, I have kept up with the Blue Machine throught the years and can say that is quite sad to see such a good team not amount to much.

The problems with Cruz Azul have been present for quite a while. We can trace them back to after the Copa Libertadores run, when there was a fall out in the locker room and all the foreigners were axed.

If memory serves me right then came Meza and brought back a new batch of foreigners, and many of the Mexican players that started the locker room turmoil were still in the team, chief among them is Conejo Perez, whom I know is part of the ongoing problem.

I remember most of this because it is how Palencia joined Chivas. And he decided not to talk about the problems with Cruz Azul, but one of the veteran defeners, i forget his name, he went on to play one season with Galatassaray (Tur) and even played Champions League games, well he said many of the foreigners were unjustly blamed and used as escape goats and as a sign of solidarity for his teammates decided to leave the club.

My Solution for Cruz Azul is for Billy to get a General Manager, someone that keeps tabs on the coach and player and makes sure the Machine is running on all cylinders. Then, they need renovate the squad. Conejo will be the first out the door, then Melvin Brown. And start giving their youth players more trust. Look at what Cacho is doing at Pachuca!

Anyways, someone forward my post to Billy :D

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Todays edition of Ovaciones claims that el Pelado Diaz, best remembered for his sucesfull run with River Plate, will be the next manager!

He is a very good coach, his only weakness is not knowing MFL in depth, but if he follows in the tradition of his collegues Tolo and Passarela then we can be quite cofident that Diaz can change Cruz Azuls fortunes.

6. Monkeyboy2000

Monkeyboy2000 Member

Jan 27, 2000
    San Fran Bay Area
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There was talk of actually getting a sports director for the club. I'll post some info on this later but as I recall, they were supposed to make an announcement back in October.

7. Chelito Fan

Chelito Fan New Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Maryland
    i don't think the problem is with the coaches at all. i don't even think it is with the players either. i thought the team was exciting to watch this year. that's what's most important to me. not that they win every game or win the championship every time. if that happened, i'd start watching another league with more parity. i like the ups and downs.

that being said, they played a good game saturday. they had numerous chances that didn't go in. but the fact that they got those chances is a positive in all of this. every team has off days. but it does seem that Cruz Azul has their off days during very important games.

sabah had several chances. he missed. that's life and that's part of the game. i don't hate the guy. i don't want to see him fired or benched either. he was pretty exciting to watch this year and i'm not going to ignore that based on one game lost.

there are many nuances that go into every game that the spectator will never be made privy to. it is never straight forward cut and dry.

this season is over for cruz azul. i'm not bitter though. i anxiously await next season and will root for them just as hard as i always do.

8. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A
    i dont think anybody expects cruz azul to win every single title, but the thing is we havent won anything since 97 and supposively we are a big team. i say we are a big fake.

who i would like to see gone from cruz azul:
    pereyra
    nunez
    adrian sanchez
    hector lopez
    conejo perez
    salvador carmona
    miguel sabah
    campora
    danilo

players who i would like to see come in to cruz azul:
    vicente sanchez
    sinha
    esquivel
    jesus corona
    valenzuela

any of this players would be a step forward. i dont want to see cruz azul hire anymore crappy players who dont want to win championships.

9. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Having El Pelado Diaz as head coach would be excellent news. He would provide experience and character to the team. It would be the first step toward rebuilding.

Next: ChANGE SOME PLAYERS. Except for Nunez and Delgado, I think the rest have not proben any merit to remain on the team.

10. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    I agree, were 3rd as far as the percentage is concerned. meaning every year is solid for us. The problem, and i hate to blame one person or 2, but Billy Alvarez (1 title in 25 years) and Conejo Perez. Look at Guadalajara, how a solid keeper can make a difference!! i am pissed and jealous of Guadalajara for having such an awesome keeper, and i look at America with Ochoa, Salcido, and Navarrette. Monterrey had 2 young guys playing interliga last year and they did good. And we cant produce 1 freaking keeper!!!!!!
    I dont konw if this is true or not, but when i was talking to a waiter friend i know at the bar where i usually watch the games, he said that the reason Conejo is still there is becuase he is a compadre to the Alvarez family or something and thats why they wont touch him. I dont know if its true.
    I really believe a new keeper will change everything. Sure we can add and drop people but the keeper position is in a badly need of a change. And remember youre as strong as your weakest link!!!!!

11. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
  12. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  13. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  14. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  15. chris2787

chris2787 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Houston
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    SO basically you want Toluca players wearing blue?

First Chiquis Garcia then Salvador Carmona then Israel Lopez...
    MAn, you guys always take our players. :D

16. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A
    they could belong to queretaro for all i care they are players that make a difference, btw chiquis and israel lopez arent welcomed by me i think they arent good enough.

17. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  18. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A
  19. changoguapo

changoguapo New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Bakersfield, Cali.
    I would like Sabah to stay, he had a bad game but he had an excellent season. I want to find to find out if it was fluke season or hes actually that good. Weve given others more chances with less and this guy was our scoring leader.

20. Capra27

Capra27 New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Viva Mexico Putos
    Do the cruz azulinos know if chelito is staying? What do you guys think about Mizrahi staying?

21. Desert_Eagle

Desert_Eagle Member

Oct 29, 2005
    U.S.A
    i heard him say on an interview the other day that he was going to stay until june then try to go to europe.

22. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  23. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  24. Memento

Memento New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    It is expected that four new players will arrive to CA this season

I just hope we bring two volantes and a central forward of quality since I believe those are our weakness.

My wishlist:

- Roque Santacruz
    - Castroman
    - D'Alessandro

25. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    your'e aiming a little to high my man:D

And it looks like Alberto rodriguez won't be leaving Cruz azul after all
    http://www.oem.com.mx/esto/notas/n108743.htm