Cruz Azul-Concacaf Champions League 2010/11 Thread

Discussion in 'Cruz Azul' started by El Chompiras, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Cali

Cali Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Long Beach
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You must have missed it when De Rosario kicked the ball when Pinto was picking it up, that is why he shoved him. It wasn't close to a dirty play it is what a captain does standing up for his team. You can't blame the hard fouls on him they were going on all game the ref was letting them go too much. Also, if TFC tries to play the same way in Mexico they will get slaughtered like Columbus did last year when it tried to press and ended up getting schooled. In addition, its only been one game so relax mountee.

2. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    His hand was clearly around DeRosario's throat. I'll try find a photo and post it for you. It was extremely obvious and right in front of the assistant's face. It was an obvious red to any competent official.

3. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    A compotent Concacaf ref.

There's only about 2 or 3 of those in the entire region and guess what country they're from.

4. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Link please.
    Belize? :eek::confused:

Cruz Azul will half ass this tournament until they get to the semi-finals, when they face another mexican team. That's how they roll.

5. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    Lol. Archundia and Chiquidracula are pretty much the best in the region and they still have their faults =/

6. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canada, obviously. That Canadian officiating crew did a very good job at the RSL/Cruz Rojo game last night.

7. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    "Cross" in Spanish is a feminine noun.

8. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Toronto wasn't playing as an MLS side, they were representing Canada ;)

Cruz Azul underestimated Toronto and didn't put in their best players until the second half. Shame on us for not starting with our best.

Before you gloat how about actually winning a continental title? We have five, how about we just lend you one?

9. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    You know Santos lost to Montreal not too long ago in Canada and made Santos fight all the way to the last minute to win the series. Canadian teams obviously are doing something right to be giving Mexican teams so much trouble.

10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah...I stand corrected. Henceforth, they shall be known as Cruz Roja. UNless that's wrong too. :)

11. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have no problem admitting when a team plays better than us. Toronto played well in the first half and when we put in something closer to a starting lineup we managed to pull one back but it was too late, but we didn't concede another. Shame on us for not taking this game serious enough, we should have played our strongest side if we wanted to win. If we didn't care and wanted to make up for it later we should have just brought reserves.

Other than that its two instances, not really anything else. Good game but this is a long tourney, a real goal would be to advance and knock out a Mexican team.

I took a look at the Toronto boards and its funny they make a big deal of Torrado pushing their player, but nothing about them wasting time and play acting.

12. Swag Flu

Swag Flu Member+

Sep 11, 2008
    Lo$ $candalou$
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

13. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ya se cerro? :(

Edit: Neva mind...Chuletita begs to differ :D

14. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can thank your referees for the win tonight. They took a goal from us on a bad call. They gave a goal to you on a bad call. Still, it was fun to watch.

15. El Chompiras

El Chompiras Member+

Feb 27, 2006
    San Fernando Valley
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    ah yes, the refs excuse

16. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bogus PK call, so no.

Also gave you an indirect free kick you should have capitalized off of. Blame your leagues mentality to bunker try and keep results.

17. Naquisima

Naquisima Member+

Sep 18, 2008
    Long Beach!
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I was expecting a pitch-related excuse...but the ref one will do. :D

18. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No the refs did not give us the win.

You just suck. And you choke.

19. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That excuse is getting old. When your teams learn to play attacking football regardless of where they play, and you STILL lose, you may use the ref excuse again. :D

Real is a solid squad for an MMLS team, but Cruz Azul is simply better. Except for Cervantes, he's a tronco. :D

20. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bunkering was a mistake. Even with the 2 gifts the referees gave CA, RSL should have shut the door on them. At least our players didn't spend thirty minutes rolling around on the ground trying to kill the clock like Cruz Roja from Panama last week.

If you think the referee gave RSL a penalty kick in Estadio Azul, I want to drink what you are drinking. The very concept is ridiculous and you know it. Face it, a bogus off side on RSL's first goal. Then, Cruz Azul takes a free kick on a still rolling ball and the referee just watches it and lacks the guts to stop play. Azul score their frist goal directly from it. That's the main cause of the final result. RSL's tactical mistake in bunkering should have never been a factor.

21. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Actually you're players were trying to kill the clock and waste times

And you're excuses are just that, excuses, you just cant seem to handle when a team outclasses you.

22. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: The only team outclassed tonight was Cruz Azul. I'm surprised you cannot acknowledge that.

23. Of_Wires_And_Birds

Mar 20, 2009
    Edinburg, Texas!
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ???

How so?

The end result showed one team who had enough composure to revert the score line and win and the other who had the lead but epically choked on their bunkerball.

24. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Puh-lease.

Sore loser.

25. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sore loser? No way. I'm not even upset about the bad calls. They were expected. I'm more irritated at our coach for taking our two best attackers out of the game. It completely changed the run of play.

Nonetheless, the fact stands that RSL outclassed Crus Azul tonight, although the final score didn't go their way. I wonder what that's like, to be outclassed at home? We haven't seen RSL be outclassed in our stadium in years.