Cruel Summer? - The Summer Transfer Rumor thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by St. Michael's Sword, Mar 7, 2014.

1. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yes and no. The relationship wouldn't be the same as Immobile doesn't have quite the hold up play as Llorente. I think his (Ciro's) first touch and dribbling are better though. I have nothing against LLorente, he's been useful after a slow start and better than most of the STs we've had in a while. Ciro is a homegrown player though and is finally finding his feet. I hate when teams don't use they talent they help to produce.

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We need some young blood among the strike force. Giovinco is the baby and he is 27. It is good that some of our talents are doing well at provincial sides but they need to play and train with champions to make the next level.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't really call Immobile homegrown, he spent one year in our youth system. Then spent one year on the senior team making 3 appearances, since then he's been out on loan every year. He's been away from Juve longer than he's spent at Juve.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, that's why I would bring back Immobile and Berardi and ditch Giovinco and Vucinic.

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Quags will be leaving as well. I think he is 31. Vucinic & Tevez are around the same age. I want to say Llorente is 29. So it would be a good mix to bring some youngsters.

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then maybe replace Quags with Zaza.

7. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Fair enough. I'd agree with you and Falc then. Bring him and our other kids back as they are showing they have the talent to at least compete in Serie A and we have a bunch of old ST to replace anyway.

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya we desperately need to get rid of gio, vucinic and Quags is pretty much gone. i wish it worked out with Quags, he was a good sub at bench and did great in Europe. too bad he got injured after 3 games into CL this year. but anyway, i'm all for bringing at least 2 of the young guys in....either berardi, immobile or gabbiandini

9. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Zaza is staying on loan. Gabbiadini is a toss. Immobile could be part of a Cerci deal. I think Berardi is too young but if brought back and got good minutes could work out. If Cerci is bought then there's a greater probability that Berardi will stay out on loan. But I assume that Berardi will be bought out 100%.

Vucinic, Quags and most likely Gio will be sold. Osvaldo will be sent back to England unless they accept a low ball offer. Maybe a deal for Lamela could happen.

Still nothing about left sided players.

10. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If we are really switching to a 4-3-3 I'd be willing to keep Gio for another season as back up. I agree with the rest though.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who said we're switching to a 4-3-3? I don't think Conte would publicly announce what he's going to do next season. I'm sure it will depend on the players we get.

12. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I actually like the 3-5-2, and I doubt it has been announced, but the media seems to think we are headed in that direction (at least for international games). I actually think Conte has done a good job about formations to get the best out of his players as a whole. As of now though, to maximize the 3-5-2 we need to improve our wingmid/wingback situation at least. If he has no plans to switch I'd drop Gio in a second ( though I'd be surprised if Conte could bare losing him and Vuccy in the same transfer market - they seem to all have a strange love affair going on).

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006

No speed on that team.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  14. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He changed cause he doesn't have any wingers. If Pepe got healthy and we bought someone for the left wing or a fast left back...

15. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Yes. And track back.

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    3-5-2 has been fine in Italy. In Eurpoe, not so much.

Anyway, Conte needs tactical flexibility which would allow him to switch things up.

Right now he doesn't have the personnel to do so. We need wingers and a LB that can run the flank. THEN we will have an answer when teams press us high, mark Pirlo and park the bus once we cross midfield. We have virtually no counter attack cay=use we need more speed. Asamoah is about it right now.

St. Michael's Sword and gumbacicc repped this.
  17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I don't follow. Where is the speed coming from on the present side?

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are some rumors that Christian Eriksen, with Tottenham, could make his way to Juve this summer if Marchisio or Pogba head out.

19. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Conte to United?
    http://www.football-italia.net/48142/conte-united

Juventus Coach Antonio Conte is reportedly one of several candidates being lined up by Manchester United to take charge at Old Trafford next season.

Reports in the English media today claim that current Red Devils boss David Moyes is set to lose his job, possibly within the next 24 hours.

It follows a turbulent season for United, who have struggled badly to adjust to life without the retired Sir Alex Ferguson.

Another defeat yesterday, 2-0 at Moyes’ old club Everton, left the team marooned in seventh place in the Premier League and mathematically confirmed that they would miss out on Champions League qualification.

Reports suggest that this caused United owners, the Glazer family, to finally lose patience with the Scot and he is now expected to leave the club.

While club legend Ryan Giggs is being touted to take over until the end of the season, potential long term successors include Jurgen Klopp, Diego Simeone, Laurent Blanc, Louis Van Gaal and Conte.

Conte looks set to lead the Old Lady to a third successive Scudetto but his future in Turin remains uncertain. Talks between him and the club arereportedly scheduled for the end of the season.

20. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Olympiakos is reportedly interested in Vucinic.

21. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    LOL, dream on Manshiter United

22. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    these rags just use anything these days. Conte isnt leaving in the middle of a project and neither will pogba or vidal or marchisio. i believe this management will try this team at least 1 more year before breaking it up. These english rags think italy is just a candy store...they can just pick and choose which players and coaches they want. such arrogant attitudes

23. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Barca has been banned from buying and selling. But I would make a move for Tello if their situation changed.

24. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok, Beppe needs to make a move on Tello now. I think somewhere around 20m should do it.

25. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Tello is so inconsistent. There are certain times he plays very well, but others where he is terrible. 20 million can be better spent. I think Alexis would be a better fit than Tello. Then again I'm not convinced of him either!

The man they should have made a run for was Di Maria when it seemed like Real were looking to sell last summer. That ship has sailed given how incredibly well he has played this year.