Cruel Summer? - The Summer Transfer Rumor thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by St. Michael's Sword, Mar 7, 2014.

1. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I'd take Menez on a free any day. It gives us more flexibility, giving us that player that would allow us to play the 4-3-3. We have missed that ever since Pepe got hurt.

2. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Except his salary in France is inflated from being at PSG. Even if he's free if we pay anywhere near the 3.5m a season he is getting we are still wasting money.

3. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope there is some truth in this Cavani and cash for Pogba deal. All the better if we can get Verratti included instead of the cash. The team might be able to challenge for the champions league with that deal.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cavani? No thanks, Veratti? He can go ******** himself.

I'd rather keep Pogba in either of those cases.

juventino13 and Daei_10 repped this.
  5. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I really do like Verratti. He's not as good at playmaking as Pirlo but he has a lot more in the defensive side of his game. I'd rather have him play next to Pogba though. I think that could be a midfield for the future. Screw Cavani though. I'm sick of picking up other teams reject strikers.

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    To come full circle .......

Who is Cavani?

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  7. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. we cannot lose Pogba. He's too valuable to let go this early. we can keep him for 4 years and still get paid big $ for him.

Honestly if we were to cash out...i would get rid of bonucci....he's young and has a name, surely teams would cough up 25-30 mil for him.

8. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bonucci is the worst of our starting back three. I'd be surprised if we could get 20m out of him. I'd expect Chiellini to go for 30-35 tops.

Edit: Not that its super accurate but transfermrket has Bonucci at 20m, Chiellini at 25m, Barz at 10m and Ogbonna at 12.5m

9. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #59 St. Michael's Sword, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
    I saw a rumor on bleacher report (which is about as accurate as my mom just spewing random Italian names and saying my team will sign them) that we are looking at Candreva. I wouldn't mind trying him again. Could play either winger spot in this current system or bring some depth to CM in a 4-3-3. He's having a better season than Marchisio and he already knows the league and 1/2 the team. Thoughts?

Secondly, when and with who do you think we'll replace Buffon with. I was just looking through our past keepers. We've had an 3 Italian goalies (Tacconi, Peruzzi, then Buffon) start all but 2 seasons for us since 1983 (and we had Van der Sar those seasons). I really like having an Italian in goal. My vote would be to replace Buffon in 2 or 3 seasons with someone like Consigli or Sirigu for a short term and try out a Leali or Perin type player as a back-up.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

bonu is worst in our eyes but he is a top defender in the world. he has lots of respect despite his idiotic moments, he has lots of good ones. in today's futbol there are hardly any defenders left that dont have blunders...the game is too fast and the players are trickier.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bonucci isn't even in the top 5 in Italy. We'd be lucky to get what we paid for him.

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    says who?

he was just recently on the list of nominees for uefa team of the year

13. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The Roma fans don't like it but whoscored statistically says Benatia, Lucarelli, Chiellini, Campagnaro and Antei have been the best in the league

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meaningless list considering who wasn't on it.

Fact is he's not to 5, top 10 ok, not top 5.

15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so been hearing rumors of this 19 yr old iranian kid named sardar azmoun....he plays for rubin kazan in russia...and recently linked with arsenal and couple of other teams...including JUVE....but not sure how reliable the Juve link is...but wenger def. wants this kid

thought i share.......he's pretty technical, got size and speed....youngest player to ever score in EL

to me this would be a dream :) to have an iranian wear a Juve shirt. but i also think we have lots of youth out there so he might not work out best for Juve. perhaps arsenal is the better place for youth development

16. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They need wingers. Super fast wingers that can cross. Preferably ones that can play both sides and shoot/cross with both feet. It's not going to be cheap. I really can't think of anyone they could buy at a reasonable cost. They could bring back Berardi and play him on the right side but he's a kid and that side is not the main issue.

17. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rumors of Arsenal making a €12 million bid on Vucinic this summer.

18. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Reus or Di Maria would be a dream. Both would be a hefty price tag, but that is to be expected.

As for Bonucci, Benatia is a better defender. Bonucci as good as a passer as he can be at times (clearly not on Thursday), he can react so poorly to closing down space (Sneijder's goal is a prefect example). He really is pretty good and looks very comfortable in possession though especially in a 3 man backline where he has two other CBs to protect him. If Juve were ever to convert to a more traditional formation in order to incorporate a Reus/Di Maria type, would Conte start Bonucci in a 2 man backline?

19. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I keep reading rumors about us having a gentleman's agreement with Bayern over Mandzukic's fee.

20. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Di Maria might be in the realm of possibility. We would never be able to get Reus. Benatia is probably the best defender in the league atm. Chiellini has been too error prone as of late to really be considered better than him. Those are the only two who imho are even in the running for top 10 in the world. I would be quite scared to see Bonucci play in a 2 cb system. He likes playing with the ball too much.

21. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reus or Di Maria would be a dream. i wish we would cough up money for that and switch to a 4-3-3 for next year

sell bonucci and get some fullback or another CB...in a 4 man backline we'll have chiellini, barzagli, ogbonna, caceres and whoever else we get. have we tried caceres as LB in a 4 man backline?

22. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'd love to see a Tevez - Immobile partnership next season. They could hate each other off the field as long as they had form like this season on it.

23. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm sure Di Maria, Reus and Lamela are on the radar. Rumors are we're going to end up with Cerci. So I wouldn't get my hopes up. Not many wingers available, certainly not on the cheap.

Don't forget both Chelsea and United will be signing LWB's.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do people believe that Tevez and Immobile will play well together? One of the great things about Tevez and Llorente is Llorente's ability to hold onto the ball for so long. I don't see Immobile as that type of player.

I also think Llorente's getting the short end of the stick here, the guy has already scored 13 goals so far.