Cruel Summer? - The Summer Transfer Rumor thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by St. Michael's Sword, Mar 7, 2014.

1. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    My biggest fear is that we do switch to a 4-3-3 and Conte decides to keep Giovinco as our LW. That would be a scary reality to have to face week in and week out...

2. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I was disappointed to see him go away from the 4-3-1-2 (4-1-2-1-2) he utilized a few times. Our team as presently constituted has good players to fill that formation:

-----------------------------BUFFON---------------------

LICHT----BARZAGLI--CHIELLO----CACERES/OGBONNA

---------------------------PIRLO----------------------------------

------------VIDAL---------------------------MARCHISIO

-------------------------POGBA------------------------------

-------LLORENTE------------------TEVEZ----------------

Daei_10 repped this.
  3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ That would be amazing! especially in CL

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I didn't think of it. He had used it before, and he went away from it for whatever reason.

5. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It would only leave us with Asamoah as a CM sub and its been a while since he's played there. That's pretty risky.

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Well, you could also add Padoin to the mix which would give you two central MF options off the bench.

7. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Do I have to count him? :p I wouldn't mind the formation if we had another quality centermid sub. Otherwise it just seems really risky/exhaustive. Especially since Pirlo needs rotation to stay healthy.

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i think he changed cuz of the forwards and pogba wasnt as good yet and we didnt have enough depth in defense as we do now (ogbonna, caceres, peluso...)

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some are reporting that Juve will attempt to sign Gael Clichy and Kolarov this summer.

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i heard latest on Pogba's renewal is Raiola wants a minimum buy out clause ?

does that mean he's trying to set a price someone can just pay and get him?? this would be foolish if we do, we should not set a price, rather let the potential buyers go as high as the sky.

if zidane was worth 70 mil over 10 years ago, with todays money and inflated prices and how much younger Pogba is (zidane was what 26/27 when we sold him?) his price tag should be at least double that. I still stand with not selling Pogba for any price, but if we do, it better be an all time record of 150 mil or something. That would be the only way we would be able to profit out of this.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Zidane was 29 when we sold him. And i don't care if Pogba gets a release clause as long as its above 100 mil

Falc repped this.
  13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there u go. more reasons his price tag should A LOT higher...he's barely 21

ideally we should keep him 3 more years and we can STILL sell him for even more $ cuz by then he would achieve more championships, maybe do good with france in world cup and who know ballon d'or ? that would be our rebuilding money when our current players are old

juventino13 repped this.
  14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here we go.....everyone can calm down :)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...a-remains-firm-on-paul-pogbas-juventus-future

Juventus chief executive Beppe Marotta believes that Paul Pogba could remain with the club for years to come, amid claims that talks with Paris Saint Germain have started.

Pogba's future is constantly in question with a host of Europe's top clubs believed to be chasing the French midfield starlet.

And reports in Italy have claimed that Juve president Andrea Agnelli has met with PSG counterpart Nasser Al Khelaifi in recent days.

But Juve have never wavered from their stance that Pogba will sign a new deal with them, and Agnelli himself has stated his belief that the club cannot sell the player.

Asked about Pogba after Juve's win over Fiorentina on Sunday, Marotta said: "Pogba is a player of immense value.

"From our side there is the pride to have him and we have had relationships with anyone. He grew here and I think this is his ideal habitat.

"He could remain as a Bianconeri player for many years."

Pogba's agent, Mino Raiola, dismissed the speculation linking the former Manchester United youngster with a summer move.

"Jewels are not for sale, except if the player asks to leave," Raiola told Radio Dee Jay, adding that a new deal was not really on their agenda either.

"Renewal? Why? He has a big contract with Juventus," he said, with Pogba still having two years left on his current contract.

"Nobody has called me and I know nothing about a negotiation with PSG. And the same is for Real Madrid and Barcelona.

"It's clear, it's like if tomorrow someone would want to sell the Mona Lisa, it's not that we would have a problem in finding a place. But, I repeat, nobody spoke with me, and we are concentrated about Juventus.

"I'm still convinced that Pogba made the right choice in going to Juve."

15. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I forgot that we also own Simone Zaza, another striker who is doing relatively well.

16. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He certainly hasn't been bad but Berardi, Immobile and Gabbiadini have been more impressive. IMO he's the 4th choice right now out of all the forwards we have on loan.

17. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    RVP out for season, proving once again how shrewd Beppe was not to throw money at the world's second-most fragile striker. (Or the MOST fragile one.) Lot of idiot fans were calling for Juve to buy Rossi, buy RVP. Thank goodness actual thinking adults run the club's transfer dealings.

juventino13 repped this.
  18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posts like that are so stupid. An injury could have happened in the first game, or never had happened. Just because he got injured now doesn't mean the same thing would have happened had he joined Juve.

phat, Daei_10 and gumbacicc repped this.
  19. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Other than his long, long record of having such injuries, you're right, it would have been totally unpredictable.

juventino13 repped this.
  20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    This is just dumb. Last year, RVP scored 30 goals in 48 appearances. This season, 17 in 25. In his eight seasons at Arsenal, only twice did he fail to appear in less than 30 games; meanwhile he bagged 132 goals. The guy has been one of the best strikers in the world for a decade. He has some history of injury; however, he is more than worth it when you look at his contribution on the pitch.

Dante repped this.
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know I'm right.

22. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So Immobile is the top scorer in the league as of today. He's worth about 12m I would say but he's 24 years old. Bring him back or sell him? I'm thinking he could be sold for as much as 15m, is Juve going to shell out 6-8m?

23. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'd like to bring him back instead of making Osvaldo permanent. He's had a pretty good season and could be a vice-Llorente. He's got a knack for scoring, a solid first touch and he's not terrible at dribbling. No reason he couldn't be our 3rd string at this point.

gumbacicc repped this.
  24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Menez has Juve agreement - report

Jeremy Menez has an agreement with Juventus for next season, according to reports in the Swiss Press.

The winger is expected to leave Paris Saint-Germain in the summer, with his contract in the French capital set to expire in June.

The wide man has already intimated that he would welcome a return to SerieA, following his exit from Roma in 2011.

And website InfoTicker suggests that Turin will be his new home as of next term, having already agreed to sign for the Bianconeri on a free.

It should be stressed however, that no confirmation has come from any of the parties involved.

Daei_10 repped this.
  25. St. Michael's Sword

Mar 7, 2014
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't like Menez that much but he would allow for us to switch into a 4-3-3. I really doubt he will help us win the CL though...