Croatian players in leagues around the world

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by bridgeviewturd, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Wrong thread. It says CROATIAN players around the world ;)

(I don't know where he's now, the last I remember he was in Mexico... or maybe I got even that wrong.)

2. HeroOfTheStreet

HeroOfTheStreet New Member

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    OK, he isn`t Croatian player, but I was just interested in him ;) btw. Uefa cup would be very interesting next season. Manchester City(Corluka), Portsmouth(Kranjcar), Tottenham(Modric) are playing that competition B-)

3. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    he's playing for sam Lorenzo in Argentina,
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=48374&cc=5901

I agree with you about the Eufa Cup next year, Croatia will be well represented even when Dinamo get knocked out:D

4. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    oh, dinamo is probably bringing Ante Rukavina from Hajduk and that`s it! i think.. they would be a sore loosers(once again :D).. they are crazy because they wanna "sack" Koch..

5. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    btw. there are some speculations that Rafa Benitez will offer Crouch and 7 mil. € for Niko Kranjcar :cool:

6. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    I think its a plausible rumor, Harry likes Crouch (who is out of favour with Rafa) and that is a decent price for Niko. Portsmouth tho really need some more depth on the wings so if they lost Niko it would be interesting to see what they would do.

7. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    no way will we give crouch and 7 million for him, sorry but thats madness

8. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    ye u are probably right red..niko if he is going to leave will go to arsenal who fancies technical players who can pass the ball..i think niko should stay at pompey as i dont think he is good enough yet for a big club..he has the skill but he is just not consistant enough..

9. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    ¸to be honest, I would like that he go to LFC, but I wouldn`t mind if he stay at Pompey, which is probably the best option for him.

10. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  11. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    I like it too, I would rather have our players playing in smaller teams in big leagues than have them be backup players on major teams.

12. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
  13. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    Simic :D Hrvatska's greatest spare part.

And after his showing last week in Moscow, mebee the same fate is on the way for Pletikosa.

14. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Pletikosa is unbelievable. In Russia he approximately concedes 3 per game (not literally, but seems like that) and in the NT he's great - just an occasional blunder, but tolerable (like the goal directly from the corner kick in a friendly against Austria)

15. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    I know, its that type of domestic performance that led me to wonder how Pletikosa became the NT's custodian in the first place lol (not that Butina would've been a better choice back then). Was Vedran Runje just a late bloomer? I really enjoy his style and the way he handles the box, playing in France though, I rarely get to see him.

16. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    Pletikosa is a constant in the NT setup but he's never really impressed me, he doesn't make many mistakes but it just seems to me that he just cant bail the team out when we need him the most, as Ladic did back in the day. I know that thats a bit much to ask but the was he is going he is gona end his career with over a 100 caps and he's just a mediocre keeper.

17. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    Agreed fully. Who's the next generation, Didludica? Its always the one spot in their line up where I fear there's going to be a hole. Just like whoever takes over for Simunic, the most underrated defender in Europe. I swear he breaks up more attacks than any goaltender we've ever had.

18. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I know he's good- we trained him well in the Australian Institute of Sport! ;)

Who do we send the bill to? :)

19. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Even though he was our best keeper ever, Ladic was known to give up some horrific goals. The one vs Yugoslavia in the Euro qualifier, an easy header to tie the game 2-2, which squirted through his arms, I'll never forget (the first goal saveable also).

Also, never to be forgotten is the own goal vs Bosnia.....I was watching the game thinking "what in the world is he doing!":eek: The other was the infamous tying goal on a curving ball that went into the upper corner of the goal in the 1998 World Cup qualifier. That ball was up there so long, you could read the markings on it.

20. Durian Durian

Durian Durian New Member

Jul 10, 2008
    Vancouver
    I'm sure Croatians and HNS would find a way to launder the money so that the Socceroos pay for it twice ;).

As for Ladic, that might be why he quickly vanished from the NT after winning bronze. Like Seinfeld, go out when you're on top. Plus, he was the only keeper I can think of to have his own goalie coloured checkered tops. Everyone else just puts an HNS badge on one of the spare Nike shirts.

21. PARAdoxx

PARAdoxx New Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Pletikosa is still very young and Runje is next in line if Pletikosa is injured or anything. We still don't have a young goalie that stands out.

22. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    what is going on with Schildenfeld??

He was bought for a couple of million 6 months ago by Besiktas, his contract was terminated but why isnt he being sought by other clubs since he can be scooped up on a free:confused:

23. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    because he is not that good..dinamo was lucky that they got any money for him from besitas..he is strong in the air but is technically weak and makes to many big mistakes..

24. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    still i think someone should be interested in him, at least dinamo, hajduk or rijeka