Croatian players in leagues around the world

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by bridgeviewturd, Dec 2, 2005.

1. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    ivan rakitic injured his ankle today in training and is out at least 4 weeks..he will miss both legs of the game against barca..hopefully he will be fit for euros as we really cant afford any more injuries..i feel really bad for the kid because it looked like he was going to get a chance to break into the first team now that wont happen..right now i just hope that he is fit for euros..

2. DinamoTFC

DinamoTFC Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Toronto
    http://www.sportal.hr/vld/sportal/n...jsessionid=C0079292D4515F7139C6758B8DCF4C37.2

He said he'll be back for Euro, no question about it. THANK GOD!

However, he didnt even have to go to practice, he was released early to go to Glasgow with the team but he decided to go to one last SHalke training and ironically he injured himself. No one hit him or anything, he accidentally mistepped or stepped in a hole or something. Just bad luck.

Why does the small country also get a tough time. ********

3. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Does Cvitanich get a call-up for Euro 2008?

4. DinamoTFC

DinamoTFC Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Toronto
    I thought I remember reading once that the guy doesnt even know where croatia is on a map, let alone he cant speak the language. Get people who actually care about their heritage to play for our team. It's different getting someone like Petric and Rakitic who know the language, where the country is and are proud of who they are than some random cro with a great grandfather who was croatian and their heritage never got passed on. If the guy cared about being croatian and cared about playing for the national team than thats okay, but if you can't locate where the country is on a map is forget it.

More money should be spent on developing youth at home and trying to improve the quality of our league rather than poach randoms. Lets keep our team domestic and not like most european powerhouses who half of their players come from their former colonies. I know someones going to bring up Eduardo being born in brasil, but the dude considers himself more croatian than brasilian. Enough said.

5. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    i totally agree with you buddy, although I doubt Eduardo considers himself more croatian than Brazillian. I think he feels croatian because he has spent 10 years there and he has to be thankful for what Dinamo has done to make him a top notch player, but I think in his heart he is Brazillian, those early years always leave an impression on people

6. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Cvitanich was born Croatian, Edoardo was not

7. DinamoTFC

DinamoTFC Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Toronto
    Yea I understand what you mean and I agree with you too. But I know I saw a quote in a newspaper (forget which one) but he clearly said "I am Croatian." Obvioulsy hes never going to forget about Brasil and where he came from, but he did say he does want to end his career with Dinamo and live in Croatia for the rest of his life once hes done.

8. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    thats true, football wise he is Croatian, Dinamo made him the player he is today

9. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    Forget about Cvitanich man!! He is not gona play in the EURO cuz he has never been capped, and besides what kind of croatian has a -ch at the end of their name anyway :cool:

10. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Yor loss. Because he is easily your best striker at EC2008

11. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    hey dickwad, you dont throw a player into the squad with less than 3 months and 3 matches to go before the tournament. I'm sure he is a good player but it is not going to happen so you should just drop it until september.:mad:

12. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    Edoardo needs to be replaced anyhow

13. reccos94

reccos94 New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    So a guy who still plays in Argentina and has 25 or so career goals and has never been capped, is "easily your best striker"? Are you serious? Petric has 12 goals in the Bundesliga, many of which have been highlight film goals. Olic has 10 goals as well. Klasnic is back now as well and brings depth. And I like Budan because he is big and strong on the ball, something Croatia needs up front. What they don't need is a small, inexperienced forward who has never played for them or probably never will.

14. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    You just showed you know nothing about soccer.

He will move to a big team this summer, with or without Croatia

15. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Kranjcar scores the only goal vs West Ham in what is yet another away win for Portsmouth.

16. whitestones

whitestones New Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Toronto
    all of the goals he scores are highlight reel goals, im really happy for Pompey and I hope that they get a Uefa Cup spot

Does anyone know if they/when they win the cup will they get an automatic Eufa spot?

17. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Yes...I think 1 spot goes to Carling Cup winners, 1 to 5th placed team in EPL and 1 to FA Cup winners...

18. reccos94

reccos94 New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    My apologies. You are so right. This guy would win the Golden Boot at Euro if Bilic called on him. It's completely obvious. Again, sorry for stepping on your toes. Your argument is so persuasive and conclusive, not to mention articulate. I did not realize I was replying to the king of soccer insight and wisdom. Once again, my humblest apologies. :(

19. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Luka to Liverpool? How many teams are interested in him now? 74, 75?
    I would like to see him in Liverpool, even though he is a stinking Purger:D

20. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i was hoping for a little information on Ognjen Vukojevic.

as you can see i'm a Celtic supporter and there is a rumour going round that he has agreed to join our club. not that it means anything but Wikipedia has been changed and this has been added to it.

would anyone here have any info on it?

sorry again for the interruption. i didn't want to start a new thread over one question.

good luck in the EURO's btw. :)

21. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    thanks frasermc.. hopefully we can get finally get out of group stage..
    as for vukojevic i have also been reading rumors that he is going to celtic..he is a gritty tough defensive midfielder who has limitless energy and will run all day..they call him the croatian gattuso in dinamo..he is a pretty good shot as well..he scored a couple of goals in uefa cup and i think he had like 8-10 goals in the croatian league this year..i personally think he should be starting for the national team..he is not going to be that playmaking type player but he will go and get the ball for you when u lose it in midfield..he does have a little problem of picking up yellow cards..overall a solid and very usefull player i believe..

22. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    thanks for the quick reply cromagnum.

i don't suppose you'd have any links to the rumours per chance?

you've got a good team there and they're wonderful to watch. i also like the fact that Bilic basically asked the FA to pay him what they thought he was worth.

in this day and age that's some gesture.

23. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    http://www.jutarnji.hr/sport/nogomet/clanak/art-2008,5,8,,118808.jl

a quick translation..representatives of celtic were at the hajduk dinamo match to scout vukojevic..apparently after the match there was some talk that the celtic reps met with vukojevic to discuss about a contract..the president of dinamo said nothing is done and that after the season they will have a discussion about the club and about transfers..

in my opinion i think he will be sold this summer and there is a good chance he will be sold to celtic..

24. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    it's being reported now that we've made an offer of around 5M Euros for him.

25. HeroOfTheStreet

HeroOfTheStreet New Member

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    Does anybody knows, what is with Danijel Biloš ? (ex?) Boca Juniors player ?