Cristiano Ronaldo Forever - The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by fierro, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Why is/was Ronaldo sad?

1. He suffers from depression.

8.1%
  2. He wanted to win the Spanish Super Cup MVP but all he got was a lousy t-shirt

16.1%
  3. $$$ Money $$$ - he wants a new lifetime contract with a phat raise

21.0%
  4. They they didn't award him Higuain's goal so he could have a hattrick

3.2%
  5. He had a moment of clarity and realized how meaningless life is.

35.5%
  6. Other reason(s)

16.1%
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Ronaldo did it on purpose he should be fined. I don't care if he hates Iker or anybody else, but come on man, what did we as fans do to deserve this?

Akramzizou and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  2. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    And so it begins. Spare me.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    As long as you spare me your bullshit exaggerations. "ZOMGZ! Teh saidz Cristianoes didntz doe n-e-thangz wrong!"

If it is not it is a terrible thing..

4. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    But no... you don't understand. If he is doing this, there is clearly a reason... the club - the big bad Spanish club is being sooo mean to him! We shouldn't judge him until we understand the evil things that have led him to this.

Here's the thing: Cristiano Ronaldo could very well be 100% right in whatever it is that is bothering him. I don't know that. None of us do. But you do not - DO NOT - do something like this. But that's just me being unreasonable.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I called it.

In two pages he has managed to turn "the club didn't handle this situation well and let's wait for confirmation on what is a very bad thing guys!" to "he did nothing wrong and is justified no matter what for covering the club's signage".

Amazing, but predictable.

6. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Because people are suggesting the image is photoshopped!! Do you not think that is surreal?? I mean come on. I know people love Cristiano over our Spanish club. I know people think the Spanish media want to drive him out of Spain. But come on! Talk about nonsense.

And by the way, a poster seemed to suggested it was okay given the lack of support he gets from the club and fans. Not every post is in reference to you.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yes, because sports rags printing photoshopped pictures never happens. Ever.

Damn all those who instead of immediately attacking the player wanted to wait for more confirmation considering the magnitude of what was being reported.

Damn them!

Now this is surreal.

Anyone who points out the obvious dislike of Cristiano in the media, or ever defends him likes him more then their club. Especially people who have supported the club long before ever knowing Cristiano as a player.

You're making perfect sense.

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Stop and think for a moment about the magnitude of this being a photoshop. This isn't a fake photo of fake agents having a fake cup of coffee at a fake sidewalk cafe. I give the Spanish media a ton of crap, but to photoshop something like that? C'mon.

At this point the silence surrounding this is absolutely deafening.

Again, why do you want to believe this is about you? We have a healthy number of posters that instantly go the anti-club, anti-Spanish route. It pisses me off, but I also understand that is typical of the nouveau soccer fan. It has happened with galacticos in the past, it will happen with galacticos in the future.

As I said before, Cristiano may have a legit beef. But he sure is going about it the wrong way.

9Qui repped this.
  9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Oh, I thought about the magnitude, hence why I didn't shoot first. Everyone whether you're the biggest fan or the least knows the severity of what is said that he has done.

Before I hang someone for this I need to know it is 1oo% certain. If true I also will keep the club accountable for this. The club has consistently let down everyone in this entire nonsense of a debacle.

Do I look a fool? How many regular posters with credibility speak against the media and the handling of some non-Spanish players?

From those who have posted it is 4x4s and YS; that is it.

Most of the time he has gone the wrong way. What I was saying is if this is all true let us not act like the club couldn't have avoided this situation altogether; which we could have.

That is unless you're saying the club handled it's star player being assaulted well? Did we?

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody in his right mind can tell me that there is not a slight prejudice against the Portuguese in Spain. They have history going back years and years. Where have the asesino chants been for guys like Marchena? He's pathetic, yet besides the odd jeers and whistles, nobody bothered.

This is something i don't include the club in, because if the club didn't like them, they wouldn't hire them. There is prejudice, just the way it is between other countries. I never heard a chant "es frances, hijo de p*ta es", but i've heard the Portuguese version about other Portugues players in the League besides Ronaldo.

I don't think the club has any prejudice though, and i consider it a mostly media, public perception thing. As i said, if the club wouldn't like them, or their influence they wouldn't have hired them.

At the end of the day, that was a stupid stupid move if it was deliberate.

11. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    First of all, I'm not sure what we should have done as club? We could have complained about Navarro not being sent off... we could have put out a statement saying we are tired of Cristiano not getting calls. What else? The fact of the matter is that all the attention went into a post-match incident that required police presence in the locker rooms. Surely you can understand why that may have taken the focus off of his injury.

That said, I refuse to believe this is solely about a lack of defending him/protecting him around the David Navarro foul. I say that because I don't want to believe he is shallow/selfish enough to do that over this incident. And that is not a shot at him because I know he will go out tonight and Wednesday and work his ass off.

I would accept that incident to be one more thing he isn't happy with. And no matter how many things there are that make him unhappy ... there is absolutely no excuse for doing what he did. None.

You don't want to celebrate your goals? Don't. You don't want to talk to the media? Don't. You want to ignore Uncle Flo in public? Know yourself out. You want to request a transfer? That would suck, but oh well. But you can not do that to the crest. I can't think of a scenario where that is acceptable. In fact, this is one of the few instances where he owes to the club and the fans to apologize. Not to Uncle Flo... not to Mourinho... not to Jose Angel... to the club.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  12. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Okay.

Attached Files:

-Reivax-, meringues and Akramzizou repped this.
  13. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    God I pray that is accurate WhiteBlood!! Where is that from?

Nevermind: from Punto Pelota:

[​IMG]

Hallelujah!!

14. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    Found it on twitter maaaan.. I hope it is too.

Does any not remember any of these previous incidents with the other plays?

I dont know.

15. JuliSt

JuliSt Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was on another site and saw this pic. Is it real or fake? Because I saw some other pics with tape over the crest and I was wondering if this is just the first time the media has spoken about that.[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't think any player is stupid enough to do something of the sort.

17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    God this had me pissed the fuuck off!! It must be something the equipment managers do after all (earlier I posted that as a goof! :oops:) . If that's the case, how effing stupid to put it on the crest?

To Cristiano Ronaldo: My sincere apologies.

18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    FA(S)IL

Akramzizou repped this.
  19. JuliSt

JuliSt Member

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    oops I see the pic was already posted, here are some more [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. lolmema

lolmema Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Biggest piece of Fail by AS. To all the doubters Cristiano says "I am sad, you don't support me"

21. lynne

lynne Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    So this is on tumbler & I have no idea if it's accurate either, but here's a picture of Alonzo walking to a bus --
    [​IMG]

Maybe the whole team is making a statement against RM? (or maybe the laundry people forgot to take the stickers off the jackets)

This tumbler page has a few more pictures -- I have no idea who has time to go find these--
    http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/xabi-alonso

Looking forward to seeing the hysteria over on Xabi Alonzo's page....

ps -- see you all have seen this already.

22. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm pretty sure that's photoshopped

23. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And y'all wonder why he gets pissed :cautious:

meringues repped this.
  24. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I have no problems apologizing. None. This is the first time I have ever seen this tape over the crest thing. I have never noticed it before (I suspect most of you haven't either).

I thought it could be real because I understand the he is not in a good place with the club right now. As I said in a previous post, I didn't want to believe he is this shallow because his professionalism can not be questioned.

Again, I am more than happy to apologize knowing this was a non-incident.

And here is the response to the tweet I sent soymadridista (a great feed - Spanish only):

[​IMG]Soy Madridista@soymadridista
    @vicfromspain Ese esparadrapo es la marca de los utilleros para reconocer las prendas de cada jugador…

"that tape is used by the equipment managers...."

What has two thumbs and feels like an ass? THIS GUY! :cry:

meringues repped this.
  25. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    all your jimmies be rustled. calm down. calma calma friends.

if you actually beleived ronaldo would do that..you're an idiot. sorry.