Post-match: Crew vs. TFC, April 5

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Apr 5, 2014.

1. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is how Anor scored vs Philly....

Coupe and Hamburgler03 repped this.
  2. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This will be a good test for G've's then. Recognition is one thing. now, can he properly hold them accountable to minimize the

3. neohiosocfan1

neohiosocfan1 New Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    #128 neohiosocfan1, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Bill Archer- who cares how many games you've attended? And why do you assume I have no connection with the club or the game?? I have never heard that posting on BS was an indicator for your level of connection. I've attended many games (season ticket holder since 96), but don't think all of that matters in being able to share an opinion. So if I'm a dimwit then I'm happy to be one.

If you read my post I said the play by the Crew wasn't great Saturday, especially in the attack. An opinion that was and has been shared by many on here. Our play leading up to the TFC game I've been generally happy with. If you're not then that's okay. I am. I've seen enough of the game to know progressive change when I see it. There has been improvement in our style of play and I know there will be some games when we take a step back. Saturday was a step back, but that doesn't mean we haven't made improvements in the way we want to play. This is my opinion. If you feel differently, good for you. I would like to point out that our style is one that is the most successful at the international level, one that is encouraged with our YNT's and academics and one that has had the most success recently in MLS. The Crew is making strides. Again, Saturday was a step back but that happens. The body of work so far, in my opinion, has been good.

4. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol Wow - he sounds like me when I first got here.

No worries - he'll learn soon enough. lmao

SecretWalrus, eboe and Draghignazzo repped this.
  5. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah, fits right in. "Big" dog barks, "new" dog barks right back. Welcome to the fold.

6. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/173744

CrewV Man repped this.
  7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me. Who else would I give a shit about?

Duh.

Where did I say anything about connections with the club?

Duh.

Did someone say that it was?

What the hell are you on about?

BFD

Neither does anybody else, as far as I know.

Glad we've got that straightened out.

Good for you. Thanks for sharing.

8. neohiosocfan1

neohiosocfan1 New Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Glad to see you can partake in some good banter!

9. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #134 Ch(Elsey), Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    For all that is good and holy, Archer is back. And you know he is back when he takes time out of his busy and important day of blogging about injustices in soccer in some remote location and rubbing elbows with those elites in DC to take out some newbie on our Crew boards.

Edit: I thought BA was in DC. Apparently his location is Washington... North Carolina. All those elites there, too.

Hamburgler03 repped this.
  10. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    I don't disagree with your original point but the post did come across as if you were defending the style of play in this game and thought it was still generally positive. The style in the first three games were not even comparable to what we put on the field against Toronto FC.

I think people were interpreting your post as a defense of how we played.

As for the doom and gloom responses by BS fans after this loss, just get used to it. Some around here are serious and do have a sky is falling attitude, but the some of them just enjoy picking apart every little detail and criticizing it.

Try not to get too worked up about what anyone says here and you'll do just fine.

11. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I somehow missed page 4 of this thread. When the heck was the last time that both Fiddy and BA ripped into some posters in a thread? 2004?

After the goal, I do recall saying to my group "Bradley is dead to me. What a ********** prick." I feel that I have already lightened up. At least it was not one of our players giving us the bird a la Eric Denton. Also, as I wrote Eric Denton's name, I realize that the last time I spent any second of my time thinking about him was probably also in 2004.

12. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sir don't you post anything from Canada to me, sir! Not this week, sir!
    We all knew they were evil but to use American against us is just vile.

DAFCrew and Bill Archer repped this.
  13. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't have a problem with Bradley. You need to be able to take it if you dish it out.

14. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.mvsc.org/Competitive/CompCoaches/696065.html

15. Virginian

Virginian Member

Sep 23, 1999
    Denver, Co
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Prior to Bradley's goal, Crew defense made three attempts to clear. All three clearances went to TFC players.

I know Gregg is working some huge paradigm shifts in how the team plays, but here's hoping they get in a few basics every week like "How to clear a ball farther than 15 yards," and "How to pass to the yellow team."

eboe, Draghignazzo and Coupe repped this.
  16. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    You need a little aversion therapy, my friend. Just as I want G3 and the boys to dwell on this loss, study the glaring tactical weaknesses that were exposed, and flirt with a possible plan B . . . nay, even dare I suggest, a plan C . . . I think you should immerse yourself in Northern culture. Thereby, ideally, making it more bearable in the future. After all, NHL playoffs begin in a week.

CrewV Man and Bill Archer repped this.
  17. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He should add to his shiny list of accomplishments that he makes my 'most despised Crew players of all-time' list. Though, thinking back on Crew history I do not think he would be at the top spot.

18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His initials aren't A.R. for one.

19. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Razov? He was just a hired mercenary. I remember him not wanting to Andrulis.

I was thinking Paul Caliguiri would be higher due to his douchebaggery of not wanting to play for Crew. Now Archer could come back in here and tell us that Paul is some famous announcer married to some celebrity's daughter, and it really would not matter. He was so very not true Crew. And as Garyn is joyfully glad to remind me neither was Andy Herron.....

20. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    MLS dicked him over to begin with, he shouldn't have been on our team at all. I don't blame him for being unhappy about them going back on a contract he signed.

I also remember him more for playing for the US than us, so the whole thing never really bothered me.

21. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    And as far as the most unliked go, Mendoza still gets a decent amount of hate and is probably in the top 5 IMO. A lot of people still can't stand Kamara, probably more for what he's done after leaving.

22. Robert Emmenegger

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We watched Williams do this several times Saturday, problem was there were no players with yellow jerseys there. On two particular occasions the ball went straight to a TFC player. I could only face palm and swear.

23. Robert Emmenegger

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If I could rep this more than once I would (Hell I don't even have a rep button tonight for some reason).

24. Robert Emmenegger

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

"I served with United. I knew United. United was a friend of mine. Crew, you're no United."

(Sorry if this ended up being a KHT I couldn't resist. Show me some Grand Tetons).

25. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    [​IMG]

When will you people learn you cannot ever request a KHT reward. Ever.

Robert Emmenegger and FootyRef repped this.