Post-match: Crew vs. TFC, April 5

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Apr 5, 2014.

1. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, dude, where are over 75% of the goal celebrations done? At a corner. Which corner was MB closest to when he scored his first goal for his new club? Nordecke. You honestly think that was classless? Okay... o_O

2. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    #102 odave, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Heck, we should have put Bedell in. Yes he is young and inexperienced, but he is 6'7" and would have at least won some of those crosses.

EDIT: I guess he didn't make the 18. But still, if we are going to play that way, we should have the tall dude available

Draghignazzo repped this.
  3. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And then said fans are equally entitled to think it was shitty and classless if they so choose. I have said that i think the goal was well taken. I wouldn't have cared if he had just celebrated with his teammates... but he ran over to the section and celebrated as if he were a crew player celebrating a goal and that's what felt like a knife in the heart on top of the already bad feeling of letting in a goal.

Look, I am sorry if I take this too much to heart, but it's who I am. I get emotionally wrapped up in the team. I feel the joy of victory hard, and the pain of defeat even harder. It is who I am . I am sure some of you don't like me, for a myriad of reasons. Then use your damn ignore function, I implore you. But for ********s sake, I am allowed to have an opinion just like the rest of you.

4. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game: awful. I will give credit to TFC though.... watching their spacing when we possessed the ball was pretty damn consistent. Part of that was poor/slow movement from our perspective, but their spacing cut lanes off and allowed them to make easier interceptions.

Regardless, we were not good enough, and the ball was just not our buddy. This is what we call and off day... or at least, that is what I hope it was.

5. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are not! :mad::p

6. juanjulio33

juanjulio33 New Member

FC CINCINNATI
    Mar 10, 2014
    cincinnati
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good lord, i try to never post but have to one this. internet name calling is hilarious and totally useless. why do guys or ladies insist on hating each other

7. chr1st

chr1st Member+

Jan 19, 2011
    Dayton
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** Toronto.

As mentioned before, there were so many bad crosses. Of the two or three dangerous balls that skipped through the box, it's frustrating that nobody was able to connect.

Sure, we maintained possession, but it was mostly pointless. Too many simple passes were being missed or picked off.

Pipa was dropping way, way, way too far back to start the attack. If I recall correctly, he was was nearly even with the backline to receive the ball on a few occasions. Then he'd have to push it wide (for another cross).

Why start Oduro if you're not going to play to his skills at all?

And for the love of Lamar, will someone please tackle Bradley?

This is probably my biggest complaint so far this season. It seems like most of the team is too hesitant to shoot unless they've got the perfect shot from inside the box or no other options. Yeah, it's great to look for the open man but someone has to shoot. Take a crack, keep the ball on frame, and good things will happen.

8. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    Remember that Seattle fans got all up in arms about Higuains celebration last week? I am sure we can all agree that we don't want to be like them! :D

ZipSix, CybrSlydr, POdinCowtown and 3 others repped this.
  9. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    I laughed at mango, made my morning, so not totally useless/.

10. odave

odave Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    This is all the MB celebration is. No big.

[​IMG]

11. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Well...

[​IMG]

12. Psycho_Derek

Psycho_Derek Member+

Nov 18, 2005
    zut alors! Talking of blindly crossing a ball to no one

13. LaddM

LaddM Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I went to the reserve game on Sunday at Obetz against Louisville. We won 2-1. I thought it was amazing when we got there and Gregg had Arrieta on the side field taking crosses for about 30 minutes straight.

After the game for whatever reason he took Meram over and made him run sprints. Looked like some kind of punishment, but not sure what it was.

the players that stood out were: Sweat, Speas, Viana and Barson.

cleazer and POdinCowtown repped this.
  14. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe it was more of the moral dilemma that the guy plays for, and is an integral part of, the USMNT, and I struggle with compartmentalizing such behavior. Much like with Eddie Johnson. And of course the other half of it is just losing the match in general. If we had come back to win, I would not be as butthurt over it.

15. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And yes, I am man enough to admit it is 85% butthurt, that's the difference between me and those twatwaffles in seattle.

odave and Psycho_Derek repped this.
  16. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry dude, there is a ton more that just a 15% difference between you and those assholes.

17. cbus3

cbus3 Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 9, 2009
    Paxdecke
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so why was there about 200 people in the stadium at kickoff?

18. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry folks, but I know why we lost.

I brought my brother to the game.

See, he came to two games last year and the Crew never scored a goal in either of those games. I believe they were 0-0 and 2-0 against NYRB. So...

This loss is on me. I'm sorry.

19. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sorry but the reason the Crew lost is the jersey I was wearing. I am sorry to all of you.
    The first game I wore a jersey without a name on the back. Everyone played well. 3-0 win.
    The second game I wore a Renteria jersey. His fellow Venezuelan Anor scored 2.
    The third game I wore a Schelotto jersey. His fellow Argentian Higuain, 1 goal and one assist.
    The fourth game I wore a Hedjuk jersey. His fellow American Michael Bradley scores.
    My fault completely!

I am afraid to wear my Mirosevic, Gaven and Marshall jerseys. Lord knows who is going to score with those. Maybe it is Schelotto all year!

20. CREWFAN98

CREWFAN98 New Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It's all your fault. I just can't forgive you for this loss.

21. Aaron d

Aaron d Member+

May 15, 2005
    Wooster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are now 0-2 when I visit family out of state on my birthday weekend. Obviously a large enough sample size for me to blame myself.

22. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am Sparticus!

23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I'd better not wear my Danny O jersey then....

24. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We lost and really didn't look all that good. The scary thing is that we had chance after chance after chance in the 2nd half.

3G
    G-to-the-3
    G3
    Gregggg

^ He said in post game that they looked complacent and probably felt it was going to be an easy game.

Anyway, we either need to cross better or have someone staying back at the 18 instead of everyone crashing the net.

25. Crew Chuck35

Crew Chuck35 Member+

Apr 13, 2009
    Gahanna, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happens to everyone.