Post-match: Crew @ Earthquakes

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hardhead, Apr 13, 2014.

1. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    He's really a forward but not a CF type. We've been playing him well ahead of Higuain and sending high balls into the box. If we fed him balls on the ground, he'd be more effective.

2. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    I want him there as long as we're going to cross it into the box 30-40 times a game with our backs. If that doesn't change then I think he's best suited on the wing. He'd be able to roam around quite a bit with the backs being forward anyway.

If we all of a sudden come out and start keeping the ball on the ground and playing it through to him then I'm fine with him staying at Forward.

3. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's half and half. When he's out wide, he can use his speed more, but sometimes the lack of the great first touch destroys the buildup. When up top, this can still be frustrating, but isn't has harmful. Plus, the threat of his speed gives our MF more space to operate, even when he doesn't have the ball.

Still, on a really good team, I think Oduro is a super sub. Like Cunningham was in the late 90's when we had McBride, John, and Dante up top.

kgilbert78 repped this.
  4. Robert Emmenegger

Jul 30, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I've seen his crossing skills many times...he'd miss himself by a mile.

5. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Is this your first time 'round these parts?