Create the ultimate Super Team

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by JacopeX, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So that makes it ok, then... :rolleyes:

Dude, you have zero class. Probably explains your yellow card as well.

LOL @ "West Germany dived all the way to a third championship which set the precursor to today's game".

2. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Dude, you have no shame in being dirty. No class whatsover.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't condone diving or cheating...never said I did. I also never said Voeller didn't cheat by diving. Further more, I do not believe that is a reason, or that there is any justifiable reason for that matter to spit on a another human being to begin with, which is apparently ok to do in your social backround!

4. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    I agree, Germany would always dive (still have nightmares of the BS penalty kick given to Germany in the '90 finals.

That doesn't make Rijkaard spitting on him right. Frank showed no class whatsoever with that action. Spitting is probably the lowest thing a human being can do. It would have been better if he just punched him in the face

5. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They must have learned from you in 86...

Brazil avenged you however by playing REAL football agst Germany in 2002 (very far from that 'brilliant' BS hand of god of you - even worst than a dive - agst England in Mexico 86) ;) ...

It was with us that they learned how to play (and lose) a WC final, not with a bunch of (cheating) losers like you.

Pray for never facing us in a WC final (because as far as America Cups finals are concerned, you must be already fed up).

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey Kong, I'm not one to praise Germany if they try to get away with diving...as a matter of fact, I hate it. But I am more critical of them because I rather win it fair and square. I won't sugar coat any of their actions...I suggest you don't either when it comes to Brazil! Remember this??

[youtube]UgfRCa71Kmw[/youtube]

7. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    This is something I never understoof. Please explain how what Maradona did is worse than diving for and getting a penalty kick? I never understood the logic behind this thinking

Continue living in your little fantasy world, they learned it from us with the 1986 final which was very appeasing and Argentina came out on top 3-2

8. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not to praise Brzs either, but in that case Rivaldo exaggerated the effect of an aggression that actually happened.

The act itself of the Turkish player did deserve a red card, although I don't know if the referee would give it if he just plainly complained about it.

Anyway, I have to agree: that wasn't a simple 'dive' anymore, but a sommersault :D ...

9. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    OK, let's not fight about that.

But that story of the German player diving in the 90 WC is not totally clear...

I remember seeing several times the clip of the play, and I'm still in doubt (watch the 2nd video of the sequence).

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/germany-vs-argentina-1990-world-cup-final/3181074938

Of course, without resorting to a video it's even more difficult for a referee to precisely analize a play that did look like a foul: even for a neutral observer like me it looks like the Argentinian player lost his tempo and unnecessarilly stretched his leg towards an impossible ball, thereby losing balance and stumbling on the German forward - who smartly enough of course 'let' his body to be hit by the adversary.

Naturally you'll always call it a plain dive, even if it was not an absolutely established fact - that's part of the loser side lamentations act.

We'd Brzs cry the same way if it had happened to us.

10. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Don't forget how one of Brazil's defenders tried to be Schumacher and tried to beat the shit out of one of the French players or how Garrincha, even though he was expelled in the semifinal vs Chile in 1962, somehow found a way to play the final when he was supposed to be suspended.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nobody should take a 'holier than thou' attitude when it comes to football. Players of all nationalities break the rules, whether it is diving, handling the balls with their hands, or purposely commiting cynical tactical fouls to stop the game, which is also breaking the rules, and is probably more of a threat to the beautiful game than the other two.

12. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They are all...poets.

http://www.thegoal.com/events/ultimategoal/maradona.jpg

Fernando Pessoa - the great Portuguese poet - once wrote:

O poeta é um fingidor.
    Finge tão completamente
    Que chega a fingir que é dor
    A dor que deveras sente.

E os que lêem o que escreve,
    Na dor lida sentem bem,
    Não as duas que ele teve,
    Mas só a que eles não têm.

Or:

The poet is a pretender.
    He so perfectly pretends
    That even pretends that's pain
    The pain he truly feels.

And the ones who read what he wrote
    In the read pain also feel
    Not the two that he did have
    But the one they'll never have.

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :rolleyes:How's the view from on top of the soap box? A hand ball or a suspended player still playing? Really kong which is the bigger act of cheating?

A Brazuka being neutral with regards to Argentina are you serious? Any other team in Conmebol and you might get taken seriously but Argentina? How close is that soap box to collapsing from the weight of Brazil carrying the world of futbol on it's shoulders?

Hush gethomas3! If you don't talk about it how could it have happened? Brazil do anything wrong or unsporting? Pfft never in the history of the game.

14. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Depends on the appropriate 'moisheture' you use in your washing machine :p ...

Besides don't use conflicting amounts of soap and water - or put white and dark clothes together - in your laundry***...

It'll stain your Mosaic 'toga', or, worse - it'll blurr reality :eek: .

That's the problem with analyzing facts from an out of context and absolutely hear-say point of view.

First of all, a suspended player not playing the following game in 1962 was not as harsh and definitive a rule as today.

Depending on the nature of the 'foul' commited that could be quickly taken back by the FIFA refereeing board, even between games.

And that was a TOTALLY LEGAL procedure.

Think well: FIFA would never infringe one of its rules during a World Cup...

Specially when an European NT was involved in a final, and at that time you didn't have yet that eternal and ridiculous excuse of Havelange 'favouring Brazil'...

Not even the Czchecs contested it, man.

It was you (who I bet didn't even know about the fact) who - through the 'help' of our 'very' smart friend Gethomas (congrats Get!) - cherrypicked that absolutely normal and JUST decision of the board.

Now you kids both listen to the truth.

In that game (Brazil x Chile, semifinal), Garrincha had spent the whole game brutally chased and spanked by the Chilean players, and the referee would do nothing. When Garrincha - a historically well-behaving player - finally lost his patience and, just out of reflex, responded with a light kick on his aggressor thigh, the scoundrel put him off.

At the time the fact became such a world scandal that even the Chileans supporters couldn't admit it. The decision of cancelling the referee's decision was made by FIFA under roaring public and even non-Brazilian official clamour in favour of him.The Brz Confed - besides understandingly protesting - didn't even have to do much to have Garrincha back.

Furthermore the defending champs went to the final and won the Cup without 'the undisputably second best player of the world after The King ever' help: his presence in the field that day was very discreet.

He must have said: I've done enough, guys, now I'll let you play...
    I openly rooted in this Forum for Boca against Kaká's Milan in the WCC: all the Argentinians (with your exception, looks like) will witness to that in this Forum.

I always root for the Southamerican side. Besides I was born in a democratic Brazil still under the impact of the WWII nazi atrocities, so I have no reason to love Germans.
    You're right, if it were not for our 'informed' fellow Gethomas3 (is there a 1 and 2 too?), how would anybody in this Forum know that our 'rich' Brazilian Confed would have so cynically 'bribed' FIFA officials?...

But Brazil MUST have done something terribly 'unsporting' along its five titles...

You and Get keep looking for it :rolleyes: ...

PS***: BTW, how do you know that my name (Ariel) is one of the most popular 'soap box' Argentinian names? I have no problems at all with being a clean guy, but have you - what an honour! - consulted my profile? (con la palavra, a really great player, el 'burrito' Ariel Ortega...)

15. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://www.v-brazil.com/culture/sports/world-cup/1962-Chile.html

Now I ask: whose 'rumours'? Uruguayan and Argentinian press rumours? Moishe's & Gethomas3's neutral grandfathers? And the also neutral Peruvian referee???!!! (remember 78)...

That was FIFA, man, not CONMEBOL, where hispano-american countries get all they want from those neutral authorities...

Let me laugh, kids :p ...

16. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you still tripping o LSD? I know you supported BOCA over Milan but my comment in regards to neutrality was more geared towards national teams. In club futbol I'll always support a side from Brazil over that of Europe without question. As far as national teams are concerned, I will never ever root for Brazil. It's nothing personal believe me, it's purely nationalistic futbol and nothing else. What has concerned me more than anything Ariel is your mentioning of Ariel Ortega as a great player. He had the talent, he was just a pelotudo on a grand scale and never truly showed for the national team. Don't worry I ain't mad at you loco, it's just that your posts confuse the hell out of me. What do you Brazilians eat so that your shit doesn't stink?

17. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  18. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maaan, I'm getting afraid of you!...

In the glorious 60s, you'd certainly be a cop savagely beating up us, idealistic followers of Hendrix, Dylan and Janis Joplin, or in the 70s torturing the poor Mothers of the Plaza de Mayo, wouldn't you? :p ...
    But man, you said:
    You came with this story of club/NT just now...
    That is you, not me: nobody has the obligation to be exactly the way you are...
    And that's my fault? :( ...
    OK, cop, cool down!...
    Alfajores (taste so good though) :D ...

19. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No need to be scared y no llores. Me as a cop in the 60's? With all that free love, weed and more free love, I'd never pass a drug test to join the police department.:D Now your Plaza de Mayo comment deserve no more comment than to say shame on you king. As far as the club/nt thing, my stance has always against the selecao for obvious reasons. When it comes to the Albicelestes, I have zero love for your national team. As far as clubs though that is a completely different story. Take it anyways you want.

As far as your perception that I want you or anybody else to be like me is absurd. This world couldn't handle another me. As for El Burrito, he gets the same hate as Veron in my book. As for the sweet tooth, you bring the alfajores and I'll bring the facturas.

20. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I was just randomly reacting to you wanting by force to characterize me as an LSD 'addict' in this forum (and that was not the first time...)

And (what a shame): that you don't consider a shame...

Nevertheless when, in the 60s/70s, Aldous Huxley (Brave New World, The Doors of Perception), Jimmy Hendrix, I myself and many people in those times, did experiment mescaline (the active principle of LSD), not simply to get loco, as persons do today, but also to creatively investigate (Aldous as a philosopher, Jimmy as a musician, and me as a simple and modest writer) the marvelous and terrible depths of human mind, we felt there was absolutely nothing to be ashamed of about that.
    I'll take it the way you want: that's how you are man, and nobody can change it.
    Are you sure you're not quoting Don Diego? :D ...
    Really don't care that much for El Burrito either: the only good about him is his pre-name.
    What are 'facturas'? LSD brownies? Yummm :) ...

21. Marbur66

Marbur66 New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Canada
    .................Yashin...................

Carlos Alberto.....Beckenbauer.....Moore.....Baresi

..........Zidane..........Cruyff...........

.......Di Stefano..........Best...........

......Maradonna........Pele................

Subs: Banks, Roberto Carlos, Maldini, Puskas, Romario, Deyna, Platini.

22. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Jesus king when did you lose your sense of humor? I've done my share of hallucinogens and honestly never warmed up to them. I'd prefer a nice bowl of some kind bud and a beer over peyote, lsd, mesc......To each their own I guess. As far as LSD brownies are concerned, pot brownies are much better. What are facturas you ask? See below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p.s. you were the one that first referenced LSD in a thread and I ran with it. No llores viejo:rolleyes:D

23. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Jesus king when did you lose your sense of humor? I've done my share of hallucinogens and honestly never warmed up to them. I'd prefer a nice bowl of some kind bud and a beer over peyote, lsd, mesc......To each their own I guess. As far as LSD brownies are concerned, pot brownies are much better. What are facturas you ask? See below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p.s. you were the one that first referenced LSD in a thread and I ran with it. No llores viejo:rolleyes:

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    What a poorly constructed side. Players completely out of position and a complete lack of balance.

25. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ya que tu foco son selecciones, ahy va:

Pentacampeones sí lloran, mano, pero de pura alegría: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, son demasiadas emociones para un viejo corazón :cool: ...

Viviré para un séptimo título en 2014?...

As far as LSD, facturas, pot brownies or alfajores are concerned - I guarantee you - all those 'substances' lose by far to rice, meat, water, oxygen and testosterone.

But, getting back to the topic, I want to do a remark and see if you agree with it:

I think it's really hard (although interesting) to 'Create the ultimate team' as the thread proposes if you are to mould it technically and tactically as a coherent block.

Maybe it would be easier to create 'the ultimate players for each position', but for an ultimate team to be successful it requires that each of its 11 individuals have the best possible harmony among them.

I remember Flamengo bringing Romário, Edmundo and Sávio to play in what we called the 'The attack of the Dreams', and Flamengo ended up the championship in the last positions and almost sent to to the 2nd division of the Brz Championship.

As far as attacks are concerned, for intance, I think that Pelé and Maradona together wouldn't work so efficiently as Pelé and Coutinho or Maradona and Caniggia, or Beckenbauer and Müller.

Sometimes even mediochre (or less better) players fit better in some positions and make a team to be more efficient than a large quantity of geniuses crammed up in stellar groups that obviously cannot exceed 11 players.

(BTW that's the problem of some European contemporary club powerhouses).

In 1958, Zagallo exerted the function of a (false) left-wing, leaving in the bench Pepe and Canhoteiro (way superior to him offensively). However, the team had already too much power up front, with Garrincha, Pelé and Vavá, and pulling Zagallo to frequent midfield more often was already an 'annoucement' of the future 4-3-3, of the 4-4-2 and unfortunately even of that abominable contemporary 5-5-1 (or 3-2-4-1).

In short - for evil or good - one can say 'modern football' was born with the brilliant tactical positioning of a mediochre player, with its ultimate, more noble and radical consequence being the Dutch team carrossel of the 70s.

Tactical characteristics and developments with which the world still learns from and which in my opinion haven't been surpassed yet.