Create the ultimate Super Team

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by JacopeX, Feb 20, 2007.

1. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, against offenders like you there is no 'moderation'.

One offers arguments and receives...insults (youre an 'idiot', 'you're trolling').

And no one budges.

Maybe I'll be the punished one ;) ...
    Any Argentinian using the expression 'singlehandedly' IS (subliminarly) referring to El Pibe :D ...

You can disagree with that.

But that's not a motive for you to call anybody an 'idiot' (you'll end up being seen as one).

Why the rage: just because your Argie 'mask 'fell?...
    You are the one who's 'running' from the subject.

The comparison is btw NS and Maldini: if you use his UEFA titles, why shouldn't I use NS's FIFA world titles?...

Only you can use those awards?...

What I say is that if we have objective records to show, why woudn't we? Should one get 'mute' about them?...

Does that 'offend'?...
    I just said Maldini's era - on the opposite of NS' - was deffense-oriented, and just stated the irrespondible truth (and that serves even for Tribune!) that NS faced the most lethal formations of forwards of ANY era, in an epoch in which football didn't priviledge or protect so much the defenses and was essentially attack-oriented...

In more recent football great attackers like Ronaldo, Batistuta, Maradona etc were a lot more limited by the defensive structure of the football practiced from the 80's on.

Those are ARGUMENTS: and not calling anybody 'idiot', or 'troller', or 'old' - precisely because one's absolute lack of argument.
    You almost slipped there, eh???...

As far as the rest of your sentence (in blue), now you trolled.

Worse: lied.

Opinions of critics after Maldini were also considered in all my posts.

What a shame.

2. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    haha..

Comme, the Flat Tire Man became the BigSoccer joke of the day!...

He thinks he 'offends' anyone calling him an 'old man'!...

Old Man Nilton Santos is the one who you've actually trying to belittle in your comparison with the not less glorious old man Maldini.

In all my posts, Flat, I always recognized the greatness of Maldini.

I'm just saying - and proving - he is not THE best.

It's a shame you got to lie and twist facts just to debunk a superiority already established - not by us - but by specialized critics :cool: ...

By the guys who KNOW...

3. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I've nothing but respect for age, but a man of 60 who acts like he is 6 is something to pity.

The only "proof" you have for Nilton Santos' superiority are two WCs won as a team and a number of polls from before Maldini began his career. That is not proof.

4. Twix

Twix New Member

Apr 28, 2007
  5. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Flat,

Give me a proof for Maldini - and also a proof that you you're not a flat liar, I mean, a Flat Tire.

[​IMG]

6. sidis

sidis Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Itaguaí-RJ - Brazil
    Please guys.

why can't we be friends?

7. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    There is no proof. This is not a question that can possibly be proved either way. That is why it is a futile argument.

There is no accepted criteria on how you choose the best left-back ever, therefore you can never prove who was the best.

8. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    All right, Sidis,

Let's spare Flat.

'Old man' was just kidding, kid :) !...

9. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's your opinion and I respect.

It's not mine and the 'specialized critics' (before AND after Maldini) though!...

The opinion of those guys (before and after Our Lord Maldini, as it was comfortably proved) should have some weight.

Besides, before thinking of NS, Our Lord still has the great Breitner, Junior & Marinho Chagas to dispute with (but that's another 500s)...

We might be wrong with our evidence, but don't call us 'trollers', or, like Bosterosoy, 'idiots', just because we display our modest argumentation.

And if 'there is no proof or evidence' what are we doing here? Just calling each other 'old man' and 'flat tire'?...

Can call us old men though: Mick Jagger, Stephen Hawkings, Pelé, Maldini, NS (and why not...I?) enthusiastically applaud...

PS: As far as Crismerz, just consulted my world map & I'm not finding him (I'll look for him in the stratosphere)...

10. nickknx865

nickknx865 New Member

Apr 20, 2007
    Knoxville, Tennessee
    Can't I just put the New York Cosmos and be done with i?t

11. man_in_the_middle

May 2, 2008
    Yashin

Beckenbauer

Baresi Moore Maldini

Rijkaard

Garrincha Maradona Cruyff

Pele Eusebio

Legendary

12. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yashin no question.

Beckenbauer no question.

But Baresi, Moore, Maldini? For all of them - many and many questions.

Rijkjaard???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? (don't even klnow who he is)...

Garrincha (a right-wing), Maradona (a midfield), Cruyjff (another midfield) - the three out of question, but belong to VERY different positions...

Pelé (an offensive midfield), Eusébio (a striker who had class to play midfield) - but a very big distance in quality btw one and the other.

Just the six in blue are undisputable legends.

However, one cannot forget Carlos Alberto, Leandro, Djalma Santos, Passarela, Domingos da Guia, Figueroa, Nilton Santos, all of them way more - or at least as - legendary in defense than 'your' Baresi, Moore, Maldini ones).

And don't forget Di Stéfano and Didi either in midfield - the best ever.

Eusébio was great, but Puskas with some tranquility takes his place...

Twelve players?

With that team I'd play without a goalie...

Try again.

13. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Baresi couldn't be too questioned, maybe the best modern defender, in my opinion the best Italian all-time player and the best central back over legends as the same Moore, Passarella or da Guía.

Moore is a similar case, he's usually mentioned in all-time teams, he's a legendary player. Both of them could be put in or be replaced for anyone surely but are very far to being elections that produce "many and many questions".

I'm not sure about Maldini, he was a great left-back to the football history and the most have a great respect for him, but I think he has a lot more competence in his position, actually I'd put there first to Roberto Carlos, even over the legendary Nilton Santos.

He was a Dutch deffensive midfield who brighted in Ajax and AC Milan in 80's, and right now is coaching to Barcelona.

The deffensive midfield is one of the most difficult positions to full in an all-time team because it's posible are less options than in others; that could be because for a big part of the history that position didn't appear with notoriety and only recently has been "discovered" with a real importance in the approaches. Considering that, Rijkaard could be a suitable election.

I'd say...

Code:
    ---------------------------- Lev Yashin ----------------------------
    ----------------- Franco Baresi ----- Bobby Moore ------------------
    - Carlos Alberto ---------------------------------- Roberto Carlos -
    ------------------------- Franz Beckenbauer ------------------------
    --------------- Johan Cruyff --------- Diego Maradona --------------
    ----- Garrincha -------------- Pelé ------- Alfredo Di Stéfano -----

14. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Very equilibrated team...

But I'd conceive my ultimate team preferrably as an offensive machine, with Beckenbauer playing as a sole central back, (Cruyjff could easely asume his function in midfield), with Nilton Santos or Maldini in Roberto Carlos' place (RC would also function well in an offensive scheme), add Didi and Di Stéfano to the midfield and move Maradona up front with Garrincha, Puskas and Pelé:

So:

Yashin

Carlos Alberto Beckenbauer N. Santos

Didi Di Stéfano Cruyjff

Garrincha Pelé Puskas Maradona

Reserves:

Banks

D. Santos Moore Pasarella Maldini

Zizinho B. Charlton

Stanley Matthews Best Leônidas da Silva Eusébio

An orchestra with choir, masses of violins, trumpets and cellos, virtuoses and prima-donnas...

And several interchangeable maestros (even among the reserves)...

PS: Of course I know Rijkjaard (and I liked him) - but I just think he is too distant from the midfields up there.

15. man_in_the_middle

May 2, 2008
    Peru FC that's a great team as well. Probably better thought out than mine.

KingKong if you don't know who Rijkaard is....

He was versital and intrumental to Ajax, AC Milan, and Dutch sides of the 80s and early 90s. He was a winner as a player. But mediocre at best, as a manager.

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    But a loser as a human being!
    [​IMG]

17. man_in_the_middle

May 2, 2008
    Yeah, that's just not necessary Frank.

18. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    As far as Rijk, check my last post.
    As far as PeruFC team I also found it very good, I just couldn't agree however with the encompassing genius of a Di Stéfano - one of the 3 best mids ever - relegated to a left-wing.

Pelé and Maradona, although also mids, were extremely offensive, and can perfectly assume roles in the attack, specially El Pibe, whose specialty was not precisely assisting.

19. shalom82

shalom82 New Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Too hard for me to make a top 11 of best ever players. I'll do one of players currently still in their prime. "All time greats" playing together is tough because I can't visualise the game they'd be playing, tactically.
    I'd play with a 4-3-2-1, because I like a strong goalscorer to be supported by interplay between two attacking midfielder. Also one midfielder to dictate the tempo of the game, with two defensive midfielders supporting him, who are also good at pushing the ball forward if necessary.

--------------------Buffon--------------------------

---Sergio Ramos----Nesta-----Cannavaro----Lahm---

-------------De Rossi---Pirlo----Essien---------------

-------------------Kaka-----Messi-------------------

-----------------------Drogba-----------------------

Only doubts I have are Fabregas instead of Pirlo, or Toni instead of Drogba.
    This team doesn't take future potential into account, so no Patos, Agueros, Andersons or Benzemas included.

Cheerio.

20. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    I wasn't thinking him as a winger really, seems as it by the frozen drawing, but I was the idea of him doing a pair with Pelé, because for the left-side would be enough with Roberto Carlos; playing as a second striker sometimes, playing as an offensive midfielder facilitating projections of Maradona in other occasions.

About the 5 marvelous offensive players there, I think only Garrincha is known in a specific position by the right-wing, then all of them would rotate in offensive positions with a hypothetical great efficacy.

21. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    So is that piece of shit Voller.

22. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So why don't you tell us how you really feel...:eek:

23. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    You do know why Frank spit at Voller, do you?:rolleyes:

24. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, I do - becuase, as previously stated, he is "a loser as a human being"! Is there really a justifiable reason as to "why"?

Besides, he spit on him THREE TIMES! And though I actually saw the game live and a few times since, not to mention the numerous highlighs and documentaries over the years, I cannot imagine what would possibly make one man spit on another.

So your son will come home from school early one day because he spit on a classmate but if he believes he had good enough reason then I guess you'll think it's ok, right? :rolleyes:

Show some fucking class, will you. Frank did, he at least apologized!

http://www.ajax-usa.com/desk/cheeseheads-vs-krauts-30-years-of-enmity.html

25. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    If he wasn't such a bitch and not dive, the whole situation would have been avoided. No and's, if's, or but's. That is the pure and undisputed fact. Unfortunetly, West Germany dived all the way to a third championship which set the precursor to today's game.