CR7 and Messi's place in football history

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by benficafan3, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    That's the problem to believe blindly in the results of polls without more detailed information.

Actually, in 1982 the winner was Paolo Rossi. Before the World Cup he was practically inactive because the scandal known as "Totonero". All the Italian journalists mentioned his very poor of shape and seemed to be confirmed during the group stage when he was awful and only appeared against Brazil, Poland and West Germany to trascend. Then he was transferred to Juventus and had a low second semester.

What you mean as a collective expert opinion decided that the best player of 1982 was Rossi because those 3 critical matches in the World Cup, but anyone who can review the whole season or at least the summaries will notice instantly he had a poor year at overall (not even a top 20).

Be guided just only for that results are also a lack of knowledge at this point.

2. doge

doge Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    It's funny because it is very clear that you are deliberately avoiding Vegan's questions to you. Instead you worm around behind your inaccurate and manipulated information to satiate your agenda.

How many internet football forums have you signed up for in order to spread this pro-Messi propaganda? How sad can you get, jiopsi?

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    ...wow.

By that logic, Alan Shearer was probably the best player in the world through much of the 1990s, and even Henrik Larsson for much of the early 2000s.

Excape Goat repped this.
  4. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #104 Bada Bing, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    It isn't.

Do you have an definitive source on that? Not that it matters on the argument.

Oh so now we conveniently skipped the two seasons in Spain?

5. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #105 Bada Bing, Dec 16, 2013
    Oh so there the big offensive agenda comes from, please tell me which board did I expose you previously? Say your username so we can revisit it.

6. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    82 Zico and Rummenigge were also in front of Maradona. It's not close like I previously argued.

Stop concentrating on irrelevant aspects.

7. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Do you know that Maradona just only played 2 matches in the 1979 Copa America?, with the team B/C against Brazil (2-3) and Bolivia (3-0) scoring a goal. Menotti decided to take that Copa America just only as training because the main objective was the U-20 World Cup that year (yes, the Copa America is usually very little valued in this continent).

From this, I think you can understand why that argument isn't worth much.

Pipiolo and Excape Goat repped this.
  8. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's a nice excuse to have. So what, Maradona was the best player on earth based on WC U20? Do you know that Messi was not only the winner, best player as Maradona in WC U20, but also the top scorer?

9. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    The problem is that you try to prove that with arguments without much knowledge. Some mistakes are really very awful and here you'll find people who know more than the average that will notice all of them.

10. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The problem is your level of relative understanding, which based this sample, is rather appalling.

11. doge

doge Member

Nov 26, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, it is. If you couldn't tell from my posts, I don't give a rat's ass about a European Footballer of the Year award when Maradona is not European, nor did he play for a European club.

Oh, how the tables have turned. You have absolutely nothing to back up your claims, so instead you try to confirm the validity of others' posts. How pathetic.

Yes, I am conveniently skipping his two injury-plagued seasons where he was never able to play three-quarters of the league fixtures in both seasons. How sad is it that you are comparing his goal tallies when he is fully fit to seasons where he is not fit? It's amusing to me how you can have such an obsession with Messi.

I would have thought trolling on Goal-Legacy was enough, but then you move on to this forum and Redcafe and post the same garbage.

12. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    That's a hard blow in the logic of Bada Bing (well, one of several other :D).

Pipiolo repped this.
  13. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And I don't give even that, that you don't care.

Only one who has provided concrete arguments in this thread is me, everyone else is jumping from insults to semantics. Like you yourself.

Maradona scored more goals in 35 games in 4 years younger in Argentina than he did in Spain.

What's your username in goal-legacy? So we can revisit some gems in there.

14. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Mário Jardel should get on the podium. :p

La-Máquina repped this.
  15. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was not comparison of the best player, but the relative level of direct impact on your team results.

Can you post concrete data from Shearer or Larsson, or was this one of those nice assumptions that we have had from multiple posters today? Mythical assumptions as realist like I call it.

16. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    But I'm sure that you could remember I mentioned 1979 and 1980 for Maradona, not 1982, isn't it?

The 1982 example just only serves to show how your collective opinion of experts is so weak for a serious argument and falls apart in a discussion. After which mentions doge, it's clear that not even make sense.

So the detailed information is irrelevant. :D

17. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And I quoted your concentration on the 1982, not 1979 and 1980. Logic oh were are thou?

I originally already argued that Maradona had no chance in 1982 based on World Cup. And my stance has not magically changed after listening some very annoying debate and daft conclusions.

18. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    You should probably know that he didn't only played the U-20 World Cup in the whole year. :p

Yes, I know. He's obviously a forward.

19. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    1993/94 Blackburn total goals... 74
    1994/94 Shearer goals... 34

1994/95 Blackburn goals... 88
    1994/95 Shearer goals... 37

1995/96 Blackburn goals... 74
    1995/96 Shearer goals... 37

He also had 41 assists in that spell, so
    Blackburn goals 1993-96... 236
    Shearer goals + assists, 93-96... 149
    Percentage of goals he contributed to... 63%

Thus, Shearer 1993-96 was better than Maradona, Brazilian Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Romario and Messi were in those seasons you pointed out. Messi came close in 2011-12, but he wasn't as good as Shearer.

Your logic, not mine.

La-Máquina repped this.
  20. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stop it, your knowledge is too much to take. :giggle:

So every time Messi scores more than Maradona, Messi is forward and Maradona isn't? :laugh:

21. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    :ROFLMAO:

22. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wasn't asking about goals, but the relative comparison, as in of goals and assists affecting the team results. And again it isn't comparison of the best player, but the level of individual impact on the team results, which was my original point to Excape Goat.

You've already failed to understand that from the get go.

23. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    And what does the level of impact on a teams result indicate...?

I'm not arsed taking you through this one baby step at a time, like when I tried explaining that Messi dispossessing a fullback does not make him the best defender in the world. You remember that, right?

And I am STILL waiting for you to show me Messi emulating Xavi's impossible pass. If you can't do that, by your logic in the other thread, he is not as good a passer as Xavi - case closed.

24. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Unfortunately only knowledge could find your way around in this discussion.

25. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #125 Bada Bing, Dec 16, 2013
    Exactly that, individual level of impact on team results.

Like in this you don't really understand the subject, you try to attack and undermine rather than argue your own opinion. Like you lied that I said that Messi was the best defender couple weeks back? Remember, you said that couple hours ago? What was that?

So you are arguing on the subject that Maradona would've won Ballon d'Or on how Xavi's random pass isn't exactly emulated by Messi? o_O

Off-topic is one of the sings of the weak argument, not that we possibly needed anymore of signs of that. :laugh: