Cosmos Player Thread

Discussion in 'New York Cosmos' started by 4door, Aug 24, 2012.

1. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
  2. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brentgoulet repped this.
  3. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    who is the guy next to Gio ?

4. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brentgoulet repped this.
  5. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://bigapplesoccer.com/teams/cosmos2.php?article_id=32783

"If there is the right player right now, we'll sign him," Savarese said. "There's a few guys who who have been talking to, internationals, who we are looking to sign. We are hopeful we can sign soon enough. Definitely, that's a priority for sure."

Savarese said there were several players on the team's radar, but can't sign because they are still under contract with their respective teams. Needless to say, the Cosmos coach could not reveal any names.

"Some players, we still have to respect the fact that they are still playing for some other clubs until June," he said. "We cannot announce those players at the moment. We want to make sure they can finish their contracts and hopefully we can have them coming to us as soon as they finish with their team."

brentgoulet repped this.
  6. IAMAMNOTPELE

IAMAMNOTPELE Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Jack Gaeta

He was Gio's assistant coach with the NY Cosmos U18 Academy team

raymondleone and brentgoulet repped this.
  7. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Ayoze García Pérez (born 22 November 1985 in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife), simply Ayoze, is a Spanish footballer who plays for the New York Cosmos in the North American Soccer League, as a left winger.
    [edit]

Football career

Ayoze made his professional debuts with CD Tenerife in the second division, then had a loan spell at neighbours UD Las Palmas, in 2004–05's third level.
    Upon his return to Tenerife, Ayoze became an essential midfield element in the subsequent seasons (from 2006–08, he only missed eight league matches combined and scored 14 times, helping the Canary Islands outfit achieve promotion in 2008–09). In the subsequent top flight campaign, he was used regularly (25 matches, three goals), albeit not an undisputed starter, as Tenerife was immediately relegated back.
    In mid-May 2010, after negotiations to renew his link did not produce any results, Ayoze left the team and signed for three years with Sporting de Gijón, which in turned maintained its top division status.[1][​IMG]

8. raymondleone

raymondleone Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

“When I received the offer from the Cosmos, the interest, it was my first choice because of the history. It’s a very, very well-known club in Europe with a very good reputation,’’ Ayoze told the Post. “Now it’s a big (mission) trying to put the club back to the level they’ve had in the past.’’

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty good signings so far, especially the one today. Any news where the Cosmos will loan these guys out or is there an expectation that will some how not be rusty come August?

10. Prosoccercdn

Prosoccercdn Member+

Aug 6, 2011
    Club:
    FC Edmonton
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They are trying to loan out Ayoze to a Euro team till May.

11. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Glad to see that the good old USA doesn't corner the market on dumb jocks. ;)

12. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Paul Nasta

Paul Nasta Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Long Island
    That's one way to look at it, I suppose. From the yahoo article:

But Burns confirmed at a Feb. 4 Revolution Supporters Summit that the contract offer was withdrawn given the additions of Jose Goncalves and No. 1 SuperDraft pick Andrew Farrell. Freeman reacted to the deal falling through on Twitter:
    For all you #Revs fans, I was looking forward to playing in your colors. Wish it could have worked out. I appreciate all of yalls support
    Hunter Freeman (@huntfree) February 5, 2013

15. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NY Cosmos Add Two More Players
    Korey Veeder, 21, is a right-back who comes to the Cosmos having most recently played for the Columbus Crew where he spent the 2011 and 2012 seasons. Prior to Columbus, Veeder played for Crystal ...In addition, the Cosmos also signed Dane Murphy, a 26-year-old midfielder..

brentgoulet repped this.
  16. OleGunnar20

OleGunnar20 Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    if by "Played for Columbus Crew" you mean "held the bench down" ... he never played.

was okay at a very young age for Crystal Palace Baltimore but he, like all of the other signings, couldn't hack it in MLS ... thus they are in NASL.

17. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    They likewise embellished Murphy's bio. He was a reserve player the year he was with DCU. Hardly what I would consider a member of their Open Cup winning side. Also he was a member of the Cosmos U23 team when he was 24?

18. oneeyedfool

oneeyedfool Member+

Nov 17, 2012
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's just filling out the squad like Bulgarian forward. Freeman, Mendes, Reynish and Ayoze seem like above average players for NASL. Hopefully that will be what the first team looks like with guys like Murphy and Dimitrov providing competition for places at the fringe of the squad. Maybe one or two of the young guys like this breaks out.

I would like to see them pick up a player like Charles Renken who has upside. Renken seems to be on trial with Philadelphia (http://www.brotherlygame.com/2013/1...als-identities-three-trialists-preseason-camp).

Minnesota picked up Etienne Barbara so he's not available. Joe Lapira, who was a Hermann Award winner, is on trial with Vancouver and might be a good option if he doesn't sign with the WhiteCaps.

If the Cosmos are really looking to make a splash, they could try to overpay Freddy Adu to get him to come down to NASL.

19. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you know I don't write the articles...I just post them and some of the key points so you don't have to follow the links if you don't want to read the whole thing.

markmcf8 and brentgoulet repped this.
  20. Jossed

Jossed Member+

Apr 23, 2011
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I am thinking back to what they said a couple of months ago.
    So far they have built their club like any other NASL club. By picking through MLS scraps and flame-outs. Oh, and that one poor delusional Spaniard who probably thinks he will meet Pele.

It makes you wonder why they couldn't have started on time with what they are signing? They still have to find teams to loan these guys out to for 6 months. And I don't think anyone is sitting around thinking, "man we need Korey Veeder on this club."

21. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure some 3rd division Turkish clubs could use them. Lol

22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member