Coppa Italia 2013-2014 Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by OldLady, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Trequartista10

Apr 10, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Juve stadium did not host Europa league final you would have seen Juve assert themselves and play their real team tonight. They need to lift the scudetto and europa league trophies.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Coppa was not high on my list of priorities, and it's clear that it's not high on Conte, otherwise he'd have put out a much stronger team.

Isla continues to prove how much of a mistake it was buying him. He's a born loser.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I hope we ********ing try to win the EL, it would a huge disappointment if we just lay down like we did today

4. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why did not Pogba come on? He was clearly warming up to do so?

The match needs to be archived and forgotten. No positives whatsoever. The first half was the worst I have seen from Juventus for a long time. Fifteen minutes into the second half the team started to finally exert some pressure but the final ball was always a miss. Awful defending on the counter attack that led to the goal. Everyone was ball watching just standing still. Then afterward just long shots that were high.

5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what can we expect when half the starters hardly play ??

peluso, isla, giovinco, quagliarella come on every other game in maybe the last 5 min. of a game that is over. how are these guys supposed to get into the swings of things and play against the 2nd best team in the league in their home ?

Conte disappoints at times....but also we keep getting reminded how we hardly have depth. Games like this are things Marotta, Angelli and management need to recognize when selling Pogba, Marchisio and Vidal comes up. We need to go after wingers and fullbacks instead another stupid CM like Guarin.....especially if its to replace any of those 3

6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reading some of Conte's post-game quotes and it's clear he's trolling us.

7. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who cares about Coppa? When was the last time we won it? 15 years ago?

8. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sad part is every year we are regressing in the coppa under conte

1st year - final
    2nd year - semis
    3rd year - quarters

9. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is the coppa one match series or a 2 leg affair??

If the first, I am wondering why not take this game seriously? A title is still a title..

10. Taib

Taib Member+

Lazio
    Italy
    Sep 7, 2007
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Both.

It is one match until the semi final which is a two legs. The Final is one match.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is utterly ridiculous, 1 match then a 2 leg semi, then 1 match. Most ridiculous thing. Just have it be one match.

Falc repped this.
  12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About Peluso's goal...

"I’ll be honest, if I had been on the other team in that situation then I would’ve protested a lot, because from my position it didn’t look out of play," confessed De Rossi.

One could only imagine the vitriol that would be spouted by Roma and their fans if this happened to them last night.

gumbacicc and guelch27 repped this.
  13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im quite disappointed in bonucci.....im kind of at a point now that i feel like we should cash out on him and throw some money at other departments that need improvement. i love the guy, i love his passion, his toughness, but he is very stupid and horrible defender at times. Over the years he hasn't learned shit it seems, yes he can be the best defender in the world at times, but he always does that one thing that costs us the game. Since he's still fairly young and very well knowns, maybe its a good idea to sell him for like 25 mil to madrid or whoever and use that money towards a winger or fullback that we need. this is a much better move than getting rid of our precious midfield of pogba or marchisio. we have ogbonna and few other CBs on loan or youth system, we can do without bonucci. i just cant trust this guy....u never know when he's gonna have a major screw up in a major game.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But then who's going to supply all the long balls out the back that go nowhere?

gumbacicc, juventino13 and Daei_10 repped this.
  15. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Next you'll say we should get rid of Isla too! Why would we want to get rid of the two guys that can kill any sort of forward momentum for us when we can keep them and make the games more interesting. Really, I think this is just Conte's plan to make the rest of the team stronger by making them have to work harder to compensate for those two.

16. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's precious rivalry thread material right there.

17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Coppa Italia simply doesn't have the same reputation in Italy as the DFB-Pokal in Germany (same with the EuroLeague).

18. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Don't worry, we'll have Isla and Peluso to pick up the slack.