Copa Libertadores 2014

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by nanoGVSP, Feb 11, 2014.

1. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Tonight Strongest visits Velez who will want to return the favor. I'm certain it's gonna be tough to say the least. The starting line up remains the same if I'm not misteaken,but I doubt strongest'll be as aggressive. Velez has 2 deadly forwards, It would be key to keep them at bay for the first 20 to 30 min that way Strongest can play their game and not chase. If Velez scores early It'll be a long night, on the other hand With some luck and plenty of hard work we could pull away a draw, that would be a big step towards the next stage. Let's hope things work out. Is the game on tv ?otherwise I'll be looking for streams....again.

2. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    We will crush Velez like we do Silpancho meat .

Any links or channels?

nanoGVSP repped this.
  3. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lol ......try this one
    http://www.stream2watch.me/soccer/velez-sarsfield-vs-the-strongest-live-stream
    Btw good game, not too many chances for strongest, but they look solid everyone runs their ass off not giving an inch. They had a great chance with Alfaro in front of the goal with a couple of defenders behind him, he couldn't put it away!

4. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They completely fell apart in the las 20 min, it was like all the running finally took its toll. Both goals came because the right and left fullbacks screwed up. On the first goal Bejarano was completely out of place and the couldn't beat a guy who has been running all game long in a foot race, Bejarano had just came into the game. IMO Villegas should have stuck with Wayar that kid would have done better, or even Torrico who used to be the starter on that side. Now the second goal was a complete screw up from Parada, he had played a decent game, but was showing signs of tiredness a few plays before. He should have been off.
    They still have a slim chance, they have to win in Peru.
    Now let's hope Bolivar takes care of business at home tonight.

5. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If Velez beats Paranaense in Brazil, which is very possible, The Stronguest could still qualify even if they lose in Peru, as long as they beat Paranaense in La Paz.

Also if Universitario gets a point in Brazil that could help too. And The Stronguest winning in Peru is way more likely than they beating Velez yesterday.

6. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Cholis up 1-0 at ht against Fla

As hard as they've been going in this first half those guys are going to be exhausted in the second half. I think Fla has braved the storm and they'll play better in the second. Ferreira is a terrible finisher and that D is putting Quinonez in terrible spots. They should be up by multiple gols.

Fla will have a few chances in the second. I'm predicting a 1-1 draw.

7. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Game started great for Bolivar, 1-0 in the 4rth minute. After that not much Bolivar is dominating but rushing and not being acurate with passing. Bolivar better put this one away early in the second half or else they could regreat it. They just need to put toghether a more composed attack.
    Not only is Ferreira off, Gutierrez and Cap de villa scare me on that side. Cap de villa couldn't use that right leg to kick his dog! He was horrible, took a great opportunity and wasted it.

8. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    1-0 Bolivar......It wouldn't be us if we didn't suffer!
    Didn't like the first half, and I liked the second half even less. I'll take the three points.

9. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    That was much closer than it should have been. Fla was dominated from the get go, they had a few chances in the 2nd as I predicted but the game should have been put away much earlier. That final 3rd is just not going to cut it. So many chances and only got one gol out of it.....smh

10. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So far Bolivar played better as a visiting team than in La Paz! so hopefully we can keep that going and steal a point in Mexico!

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  11. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Big game tonight! As stated before Bolivar has been playing well away, so it's not crazy to think they could steal a point. After seeing Leon play a couple of times we need to be careful they are a very capable team. One thing that scares me is no Edemir, and Eguino instead. I don't trust this guy for one second, hope he has the game of his life and handles what ever they throw at him. I like how Quinones has been playing, not to mention Callejon and Arce.
    Not sure Pedriel is starting, but if he gets on I hope he shows'em what he's got. Too bad I'll knocked out by the time this game gets underway, early start for me tomorrow, Vamos Bolivar!

12. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Half time 0-0

Moya has been the worst player on the field. He's doing his best traffic cone impersonation. If the mexicans are smart they'll keep attacking through his side as he's pathetic. Quinones keeps making great reflexes saves and keeps screwing up when he comes out. His distribution has been awful giving away every ball.

The home team should be up by now and bigoton should smack Eguino/Cabrera? that missed that wide open shot. Doubt bigotons team holds on but we'll see.

13. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Final.

Bolivar beats the mexican team 1-0. Arrascaita is a good sub off the bench but he needs to kick himself for missing that 1 one 1 with their gringo goalie.

The home team missed plenty of chances, didn't play well at all, reminds me of the Bolivar game at Emelec. Bolivar finishes out at home against a shaky Emelec. Unless they totally choke they should be moving on to the next round.

14. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn right! Bolivar played great D! They got lucky at times, and missed a couple chances at the end of the game. The game against Emelec is gonna be really tough! I hope they can keep improving the way they are!

15. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    #90 Dustyvinyl, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Its not that the home team played bad, its that Bolivar played well. Thats how our team has been playing. Underrated by everyone

This is nice surprise for me because id been getting heavy insults for commenting on social media this past week. Now they can suck on a lemon

16. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Vamos Bolivar! Damn I wished I knew this game was televised. Argh.

Great news!

17. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If you 're in the US and a Mexican team is playing in the Libertadores, its a safe bet that the game will be televised.
    About the game, looks like I missed a good one. I'm glad they pulled it off, finnally Ferreira woke up. What a goal man! Now they just have to hold their own at home, I've been let down before so I wont say it's a done deal, Emelec is not gonna be easy because of who the coach is. On the other hand Bolivar is looking better and better, Let's hope they are able to put away what ever chance they get against Emelec and they should be on their way to the next round.

18. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Strongest playing descent so far. Can't believe these clowns forgot the socks in the hotel, and Barreras documents, they mentioned that they found the documents at the last minute. Strongest was ready to start w/o him. Who ever is in charge of that made the team look unprofessional. Anyway soccer wise good game so far.

19. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice tie by the strongest, if both teams win at home they go to next round! :)

20. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Strongrst played like the home team! Predictable on that left flank, but man did they still create opportunities. Loved the game!

Definitely deserved the win then a tie. Team has alot of character (Chuma, Escobar and especially Cristaldo).

They win, they move on. They're playing at home right?

21. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yes, both Bolvar and The Stronguest play at home for their last game.

22. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If history holds true, they will both choke and miss their chances to move on. Just saying

MrNiloBraun repped this.
  23. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Unfortunately I was thinking the same thing Marco, both visiting team coaches know very well how to play in La Paz and they know our teams very well too so that doesn't help.... Let's stay optimistic tho. This is a good chance we have here, hopefully our boys can take advantage of this opportunity.

24. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think you just made the statement that was on the back of our heads, we've been down this road before and been disappointed. it would be heart breaking if both teams got bounced out. I for one will do my best to enjoy the moment and stay positive, I think Bolivar has as good a team as they have had in a very long time, and Strongest has a great core of players who have been together for so long they know how to win. I'm not sure how what the injuries situation is on both teams, I did read Edemir will be out for Bolivar, and Alfaro for Strongest. Key players hope they find the a way to fill those voids.

25. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I must say I will have a nice chuckle and a sip of my fine scotch if the cholis choke at home against Quinteros and his squad. I hope tigre pull through.

When are the games. I tuned in tonight thinking at least one of them would be on and nada.