PBP: Copa del Rey Semifinal, Leg 2 | Real Sociedad v FC Barcelona | 12 FEB 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Feb 11, 2014.

1. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    We don't need to win on tuesday. If we play a high scoring draw it's very good for us. The most important thing is to score and not loose by more than a goal.

Rattlehead, evil_allan and unclesox repped this.
  2. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    a 1-1 draw wouldn't be too good for Barca though. And needless to say that a 0-0 draw will even be worse

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    0-0 would be fine, although highly unlikely. Would it be nice to do better? Of course. But "need" to win? No. Just need to avoid something like Inter 2010 first-leg, because then the second-leg will probably be like Inter 2010 second-leg. :(

Need to win the Rayo match though.

4. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    I don't see how 0-0 will be fine for Barca since Man City can actually score at the camp nou

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and I dont believe how it would be a scoreless draw considering City tendency to conceided goal even when winning. Our players have alot more experience in CL tournament, its not something that can be overlooked. But I think Aguero will play in return leg so it would be pretty hard to not conceided at Camp nou. This City side can be a very strong side in their good day and we've seen it throughout this season.

Again, I dont feel comfortable with scoreless draw. 1-1 is ok, 2-2 would be great. A narrow win would be awesome result but we dont have a good away record in CL so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

6. MavadoDribblez

MavadoDribblez Member+

Feb 7, 2008
    Ontario
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The tactics were spot on, just keep the ball and limit the crowd's opportunity to swing the game in Sociedad's direction. Not sure how we only managed one, and it was our player in "decline" to boot :laugh:. Alves played probably the best game of his season, and we didn't give up many chances. One of my favourite moments was Pinto's Godzilla like swipe at the ball off (I think) a Griezmann touch. After Messi's goal the outcome was never in doubt, and oh yes, the banter here during the match was funny.

I really don't think league or domestic cup matches influence European nights anymore. I think the players from the elite teams can kick it up a few notches when it comes to the Champions League even if the lost their previous match on the weekend. I have a feeling this lineup was a warm up for the City match. I think we'll try and control the match in a similar fashion.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, of course, but its not like Barca can't score 2 or 3 at home. 0-0 wouldn't really allow Man City to park the bus at Nou Camp because they would *have* to score an away goal. As long as Barca isn't losing entering the second-leg its fine IMO.

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, 0-0 is not likely. Just talking hypothetically. Also, its not like Man City will approach the game the same way as they approach Crystal Palace, so don't expect a high scoring game. Probably 2 goals will be scored, 3 max.