PBP: Copa del Rey Final | FC Barcelona v Real Madrid | 16 April 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How many times this year (second half of the season) Messi was being setup to score? How many assist Xavi has so far this season just wondering? Almost everytime he got the ball he need to take on 4 players in front of him. In last few games he received the ball on the far right with 8 players already protecting the box. Not just Messi, all our attackers in last few games always end up needed to run from the deep when trying to score.

Now build an attack where the midfielder could really put a through ball for Messi or Neymar instead of having them started 35 yards away from goal.

2. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I am not sure as I was too young but I would bet my money on that he didn't need to save energy because back in those days attackers were there to attack and defenders to defend. So the attacking players will very rarely help their team in defending besides feeekick and corners.

3. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I disagree, Messi should have scored atleast 2 goals against Atletico in that 2nd leg alone. The chance he got when Neymar dribbled through left and the open header right after Atletico scored.

Messi, not only has been running less, he has been less effective as well. Anyway, being the focal point of our attack, it is also his responsibility to make off the balls movement so that his team mates can pick him up. If he stands around 4 players outside the 16 meter, without making space for himself, noone can play a through ball for Messi to be one on one with the keeper.

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is this an offside?

[​IMG]

5. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Yes
    I even said that after I saw the replay
    Copa del Rey Final | FC Barcelona v Real Madrid | 16 April 2014 [R]

If this was one of the goals scored by Barca we wouldn't stop hearing about it to this day.
    I am not upset though because it is a very hard call to make. But imagine this goal for Barca

6. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Looks like offside but it isn't. Look at the distance between the players and the line in the grass.. Too me it looks it's onside but perhaps a better resolution pic could tell more.

7. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    They had a freeze frame from above during the game. It was offside no doubt about it. But like I said i can't blame the AR
    It is minuscule and the players were moving very fast

unclesox repped this.
  8. RaiseThe10thAncelotti

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  9. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  10. RaiseThe10thAncelotti

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You can clearly see from the photo he is inline with the defender therefore onside. On the sky sports coverage they clearly showed he was onside but I can't find the picture they used online anywhere.

11. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Odd angles are proof of nothing. Sky didn't show anything I haven't seen. There was a Spanish feed, we saw the same feed. Anyway like I said I don't have a problem with the goal I just try to imagine how the same image would have been the definitive proof of the offside if the shoe were on the other foot

12. RaiseThe10thAncelotti

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  13. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Dude the line is crooked :ROFLMAO: Made in paint
    It's forced perspective. The 2 lines (white and black paint one) must be parallel. They are not

14. RaiseThe10thAncelotti

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Come on man how many do I need to show you before you give in, this one is not made with paint(the last one wasn't either it was from ESPN and their coverage) https://twitter.com/TrueFeras/status/456528164374601728/photo/1

15. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    That I can accept
    You are right but the previous line still crooked. Paint :ROFLMAO:
    There is a reason why the software that makes those lines costs 40 000 euros

16. RaiseThe10thAncelotti

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It's crooked because of the angle that the camera's are at. It needs to be crooked to compensate