Copa América Order of Hosts

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by IncaEnclave, Jul 20, 2011.

1. IncaEnclave

IncaEnclave Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    What is the order of hosts for this cycle of Copa América? I know that this would be the second full cycle and that the first full cycle wasn't necessarily in order alphabetically.

Alphabetically, Bolivia would be the next host although they hosted recently in 1997. Yet, I think Brazil is the host for 2015 but I think they want out because they're already hosting the 2014 World Cup and the 2016 Summer Olympics. I know many factors change things up such as political unrest, threats of terrorism, stadium/infrastructure quality, etc. I was researching but couldn't get a definitive answer. Any help out there?

2. IncaEnclave

IncaEnclave Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Also, since the span of time between each copa has gone from 2 to 3 to 4, I wonder how much that comes into play when deciding the next host.

3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Argentina (1987 y 2011)
    Brasil (1989 y 2015)
    Chile (1991 y 2019)
    Ecuador (1993)
    Uruguay (1995)
    Bolivia (1997)
    Paraguay (1999)
    Colombia (2001)
    Perú (2004)
    Venezuela (2007)

4. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Every 40 years?
    Man, might as well go ahead and try to get the World Cup.

5. IncaEnclave

IncaEnclave Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I heard that Brasil is looking to switch Chile. How was this order determined?

Also, although slightly off-topic, how is the order of the qualifiers determined. The qualifiers for 02, 06, 10 and 14 are all in the same order. Why did they switch from the order of the 98 qualifiers (I know Brasil didn't have to play as the automatically qualified as 94 champions).

6. maestri09

maestri09 Member+

Jun 14, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    My guess is that they switched it around to make it easier for Brazil, as they play Venezuela and Bolivia in the last 2 rounds.

7. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Havelange ya no estaba para el 2000 :p:D
    That was at first. Since, I've heard Brasil definitely wants to host the Copa.

They've got the infrastructure and they would be riding a wave of hosting international tournaments.

8. Broncano

Broncano Moderator

Jul 31, 2006
    Lima
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Next time they come around here I'll be 74 years old. Thanks for ruining my afternoon