Conte on the job. Tactics, Failures & Success

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Tifoso, May 17, 2011.

1. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: Conte officially new coach

do you realize that Conte has actually coached for a few years now? Yeah, he has mainly coached in Serie B but thats better than barely being out of retirement and being offered the job with no experience whatsoever. At least with Conte we can have some expectations to win. So anyways, back on the Nedved topic.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

very low expectations. Conte is inexperienced, that was my point. who cares if he coached a few seasons in serie B. big whoop

3. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

He's been coaching for 6 years. haha, but seriously dude, anything I say you'll add a pessimistic spin to it. :D so let's just agree to disagree.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

6 years, and his 1st and only experience in serie A was a disaster. yea, GREAT expectations to win... ******** Conte

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Conte is horrible 0_o what the hell was Juve thinking the only decent job he did was Siena and i think thats only because Siena mainted their squad from Serie A

6. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

I don't want any former Juve greats to coach this team. All that will do is sully their current positive reputation if things don't go right. Believe it or not, Nedved is actually better than the Juve head coaching position.

7. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

That's not really true. Siena lost a few players once they were relegated. Also, Conte's formation took a long while to get adjusted to. The fans and management were tearing him apart, and all he asked for was patience and time, and it was granted. Then, the results came quickly. They took their foot off the gas at the end once they knew they were promoted, but they were still promoted nonetheless.

I'm willing to give Conte the benefit of the doubt. I actually think he's not a bad coach, and he does have Serie A experience with Atalanta. He turned Bari around into Serie B champions, and he got Siena back into the top flight. I think if he's given time to implement his system, and his players buy into it, he could wind up being a very good Serie A coach. I remember very similar things that were said about Allegri. He had no experience. All he did was lead Sassuolo to promotion from Serie C1 to their first ever time in Serie B. Then he took freaking Cagliari to a ninth place and twelfth place finish in two years. Then he takes over Milan, and he's a Scudetto winner. I wanted Allegri last year instead of Delneri. Am I saying that bringing in Conte will win the Scudetto? No, but I see similarities between the two men. I'm officially on board with the Conte. So long as he's given sufficient time to implement his system, and his players play it to the best of their abilities, I think he'll do just fine.

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

who else did Siena lose other then Mac?? i think it was a good thing he left that team since i think age has finally gotten to him.

i still think Siena had a stronger team then most teams in Serie B but hopefully im wrong and he bring some exciting football to watch because this year every game i watched that had juve playing put me to sleep or made me say how can a team screw this up.

Allegri did the smart thing going to Cagliari all that team wants to do is stay in Serie A so not so much pressure to get high up in the table.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Conte will put pen to paper shortly and officially be Juve's next coach. According to the official Juve twitter account he's already at Juve HQ.

10. barbados

barbados New Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Barbados
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

press conference at 1600 italian time

11. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

12. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

I wonder if I can get a replica of that background as a poster, so I can put it as my background for when people call my video conference system here at work.

Benvenuto a noi nuovo allenatore, ANTONIO CONTE!!

13. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Godspeed, Il Capitano

14. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Forza - I am not sure if you can copy it from the OS but I believe they have the trophy room as picture. Do a search on Juve trophy room as well.

15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

go to juventus.com they have some pictures you can save, ive seen some without people in the room, pretty nice

16. cattivo20

cattivo20 Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Bevenuto and Good Luck..I have a good feeling about this one..only time will tell or at least the first game of the season..lol..

I think Conte's first order of business is to sit down and say to himself what formation am i going to use..4-4-2, 4-2-4 or a 4-3-3. He should list this in order and then draw up who he wants in the starting line-up (already on the team and transfers). Then he should go to management and say, "if you want to get back to winning, here are the players we need that will fit the formation and tactics. No, let's try this person here (examples: Martinez as a winger, Marchiso as LM). This would at least provide a plan going forward for why certain players were kept and brought. At least it will give us an idea so we are not left scratching out heads when the line-up is constructed and the subs enter the games. We do this every day on the board, why can't the coach do the same thing so that management gets the right players.

17. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

1000% agree.

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Benvenuto.

Hopefully he'll be more successful than another Juve legend (Ciro Ferrara).

19. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

im mildly optimistic about this :D no idea why tho

20. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC

i wish i shared your optimism. this smells like disaster to me

21. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

well this is my thinking. we did the opposite of what we're doing with acquisitions we are going young, unproven, and relatively cheap (im assuming). would i have done this? no but now that its done my thinking is this.

we must commit to conte. its like a young player, were gonna have to live with ups and downs but he must get more than one season barring a complete failure. im not talking del neri failure im talking benitez at inter. i think with the players and money that will be at his disposal, we should reasonably expect an EL berth, but even if he fails to do that i would like to see us stick with him. in my head, he would probably have to finish 10th or below to go. but if he works out, we can have a guardiola. a young coach formed by us a former player from us, the perfect combination. it will take time though.but with a signing like this to me you have to let him institute his culture, get his players and give him a real shot , which will take time. i have a good feeling about him tho for some reason, hopefully it works out :)

22. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz

Conte's finish will be a hell of a lot better than his start. His career track record shows that. I'm telling you all right now, he's going to come under some heat after a couple of months. If you're not prepared for tough results in the first two months, you better get ready. He's not Delneri. He doesn't start hot and then wilt. He gets better as his players learn the formation, and get his expectations into their heads. He'll make a lot of these guys better players under his system. I sincerely hope that he gets a second season because he needs that first one to get everything right. This guy actually holds a ton of promise, but you have to give him time.

23. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

yep yep, im already bracing myself for the offseason and how much a certain poster is complaining in every post. I can only imagine that the pessimism is only going to get worse after Conte loses a friendly. :p

24. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC

Conte on new Juventus job

By Luca Cetta

Wednesday 01 June 2011

Antonio Conte has given his first interview as new Coach of Juventus, claiming that he is ‘coming home’.

The former Juventus captain has just taken Siena to an automatic promotion to Serie A, a feat he also achieved with Bari in 2008/09. As reported by the clubs official website, he told journalists he is ready for this opportunity.

“I would like to thank [director Giuseppe] Marotta and the club for this opportunity. For me it’s like coming home after seven years. I have always dreamed of this moment and it’s been a fixed target of mine ever since I started my coaching career.”

Conte has preferred a 4-4-2 system which includes a high work ethic all over the pitch. He said he is ready to take Juve back to the top.

“The numbers mean little, what matters are the principles and ideas, which naturally must evolve with study, experience and the everyday association with the players,” he noted.

“I want my side to have the ball. We need to control the game and this is the mentality that I’ll look to get over to my players. We need to be compact, look to win back the ball as soon as possible, without moving back.
    "Our objective is to return to be a challenging side. Juve’s history demands this and, through work, 100% commitment and the right attitude we must bring this club back to where it deserves to be and where the fans want it to be.”

Conte also spoke of the new arrival at Vinovo, Italian international Andrea Pirlo, as well as other transfer targets: “I can always find a role for great footballers. Pirlo is an international player, blessed with class and charisma, just like Marchisio, who has a big heart and notable qualities. They’re Juve players and I’m happy to have them available.”
    “Targets in the transfer market? We will hold a meeting immediately with Marotta, [Fabio] Paratici and [Pavel] Nedved and we will start to speak about it in more depth. The most important thing is to spend correctly.
    "In any case, there’s an excellent foundation of this side that’s hasn’t had the best of seasons, but I’ll also focus on the will to redeem themselves, in terms of who will remain. There’s no need to overhaul the side, just to make some adjustments.”

I'm pretty much liking Conte so far. :D The most important thing is to spend correctly and theres no need for an overhaul. Smart man. We've started on the right foot I would say. Now hopefully Juve's actions align with Conte's words.

25. cattivo20

cattivo20 Member

Dec 21, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Juventus FC

It seems that the majority has some good feelings about Conte, however, the most important part of appointing Conte is TIME..

True Juventus fans must understand that we have to give Conte time. I am not saying to give him as long as it takes, but at least until Nov/Dec to see what this team is really about. We have to be honest with ourselves and admit that we need a rebuilding phase and we can not just go out a buy the biggest stars on a team led my a mediocre coach and poor management. Look at what happened to Ferrara. In hind sight, we should have let Ferrara finish the season then look to at add quality players in the offseason. However, everyone panicked and we ended up in a complete downfall with hiring another coach (Zaccheroni) to fire him at the end of the season, have not idea on how to construct the team in the offseason so poor judgments were made with transfers and then higher a coach (Delneri) that maybe should have not been hired in the first place.

I am not expecting Juve to go from 7th place to winning the scudetto next year (although I will hope, pray and dream they will). But as long as I start to see improvements and see the team being consistent, we should look at that as a positive for Conte’s first year with the goal to reach Europa/CL’s. It will take time before Juventus is a powerhouse as before. However, I can see this happening with 3 years. We have to be realistic in our objectives.

2011-2012 – Earn a Europa Spot and win Coppa Italia (we have not other trophies to play for, so we should concentrate on winning this piece of silverware)
    2012-2013 – Earn a CL spot and be in contention to win the scudetto
    2013-2014 – Win the scudetto and finish in the late stages of CL (maybe win ;))