Contact your cable company

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metrosarenumberone, Aug 1, 2002.

1. metrosarenumberone

metrosarenumberone New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Landing, NJ
    Contact your cable company and tell them to show more Metrostars commericials. I have found with most sports that doing a lot of advertising improves the turnouts. I figure that if Cablevision or Comcast shows all those metrostars commercials until us viewers cant take it anymore, we would have a bigger turnout. I have sent more and more letters to cablevision and have had 20 others send them letter to play more metrostars commercials and they said they will take it into consideration. More advertising= More people at the games. The Mls cant just sell it self.

2. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Unless the Metros spots are considered public service announcements, which are free of charge, they will only show what the front office pays for.

3. metrosarenumberone

Jul 27, 2002
    Landing, NJ
    they should be. putting their commercials on during a metrostars game dont help because like 20,000 tune in on msg to watch the games and we need commercials on like NBC, ABC, CBS, and MTV

4. UpTheMetro

UpTheMetro Member

Jun 3, 1999
    New York
    Most of those companies aren't there to make money, they are there to better society.

5. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net

.... When ticket prices go up to pay for commercial spots , then you'll bish about how you're paying top dollar to see a subpar team.

6. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Since when is MSG out to be a charity for the Metros . If the Metros want commercials they should pay for them .

7. mscheffel

mscheffel New Member

Jul 29, 1999
    NJ, US
    PSA = public soccer announcement.

8. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    while u at it,,write a letter to roy rodgers and tell them to open up some locations in this area again

9. Mathis Fan

Mathis Fan New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Columbia, SC
    I have the MLS Shootout package and whenever the feed is from MSG network, I see several Metro commercials. One about Howard and one about the "best defender in MLS, Mike Petke."

Yeah, show that commercial in abundance.

10. metrosarenumberone

Jul 27, 2002
    Landing, NJ
    Re: Re: Contact your cable company

i did shows how much helps now i have to go on the turnpike to get roy rodgers. We got Screwed from roy rodgers. Now they are wendys.