Congratulations, Lee Young-Pyo...

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Arlyn Jayde, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Arlyn Jayde

Arlyn Jayde New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    He got married today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Beautiful woman, too. Can anyone tell me the name of his bride?

2. Harry Potter

Harry Potter Member

Jan 30, 2003
    NY
  3. pollie

pollie New Member

A couple of weeks ago young-pyo gave an interview to our dutch soccer magazine VI (Voetbal International) in which he refuses to tell his fiancee's name. He didn't want the korean press to know because he was afraid they would start harassing her. At the moment Young-pyo and Ji-Sung are quite popular in korea, and korean press are alway present at psv-practice and matches. So to answer your question: nope, cannot tell you her name.

Anyways, Young-Pyo, and wife, congratulations!!

4. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    Lee:

What a lucky, b.s.t.d. guy you are...

Any way, eternal honeymoon for you and for all of Asia soccer.

We are so fond of the Asia Football on FSW.

South Texas Soccer-addicts.

5. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still can't get over the tux. It's.....goooooold.

6. shiro07

shiro07 New Member

Jun 4, 2003
    hawaii
    right on Lee Young-pyo! congrats...his wife looks pretty and he looks stylin in that shiny gold tux!

7. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Football Asia is a great show on there.
    I love watching the K and J league fans blowing up. They are so colorful with their supporting. But i wish we could get flags that size over here.

8. sunghwan

sunghwan New Member

May 17, 2002
    Seoul
    Hers name is 'Bo-Yoon Jang'
    Wow`~

9. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It doesn't get any cheesier.

[​IMG]

10. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Pimpin'

Lee Young-pimp.

11. oakydoaks

oakydoaks New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Coelho told Lee to not come to Uruguay match-up and prepare for the Argentina one, so that he can enjoy his honeymoon, but Yong-pyo apparently told him that he would come the day after his wedding. Apparently Coelho, who values the importance of family heavily, didn't like that.
    I don't know what happened after that (whether Yong-pyo is actually playing the Uruguay match or taking a break, but I guess that's one another thing Coelho will learn in Korea-some players take the opportunity of playing for NT as a huge achievement or pride that all the other stuff for them is 2nd in priority.

12. red fire engine

red fire engine New Member

Jun 7, 2003
    Anyang
    Don't worry YP. I will take good care of her when you are out of the country.

rfe

13. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    I'm sorry but I think she's butt ugly.

14. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    word. maybe its the caked on make up, bad angle, or just a bad picture.

congradulations to Lee YP though, at least he has someone to company him in Holland.

15. Arlyn Jayde

Arlyn Jayde New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    I think it's the makeup. Being a girl, I know how much over-caked on makeup can do more harm than good *shudders*

Anyways, congratulations, Lee Young-Pyo!

16. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I dunno. I don't think she's bad looking at all. Even if I did, I think it is kinda gauche to say so about someone's wife. She has a face that is very quintessentially Korean. She cannot be mistaken for any other nationality. Not Miss Korea material, but not ugly.

17. red fire engine

Jun 7, 2003
    Anyang
    Speaking of Miss Korea; Ahn Jung Hwans missus (a former miss Korea) has gone to the dogs big time.

The lads are going for homemakers and not the Korean 'kongju byoung' victims. A very wise move in my opinion. Low maintenance and regular reward versus high maintenance and hit and miss reward.

I'll take the 5 bottles of soju, B.J. and pass out on the sofa versus dinner at a french (in Gangnam) restaurant with a bottle of French wine followed by flowers, chocolate, expensive hotel and then she breaks her high heels on the cobblestones and blames you and you get none, any day of the week.

Kongju byoung means 'princess disease' for those of you who don't know. It is rampant on the peninsula and makes those who witness it become sick as well.

rfe

18. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    anyang?!~

go to hell.

19. BadAzzSnowboarder

BadAzzSnowboarder New Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Malibu, CA
    Ease up, man. The dude hath spoketh the truth. I agree with him a hundred percent.

I've never been successful with Korean girls because according to my friends, I drive a Chevy Silverado and don't spend money like I'm living 3-steps ahead. Mexican, Japanese, Caucasian girls, all good experiences, Korean girls just plain suck man. The type of Korean girls I've went for that is. I'm not speaking of Korean girls as a whole, but just the ones I've went for in the past.

20. Blue and White Army

Mipo Dockyard
    Oct 14, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Errrr, you're talking about Koreans from California?

I wouldn't go near 99% of them with a 10-foot pole, mate.

21. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    yeah what up with that?

She's become too complacent after marrying the Korean Beckham. She should earn her keep.

Ahn should start fooling with other girls to whip Miss Lee into shape.

Like Ha Ji-won. mmm.....wait save her for me.

22. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    High maintenance Korean girls

Yeah I agree a crapload are high maintenance. This is one of the major reasons I have never dated a Korean girl, nor do I see myself going out with one anytime too soon.
    In order to just talk to them, I have to probably wear the fanciest clothes, drive the most expensive cars and wear the best shoes and have them waxed like there's no tomorrow. What do I call this? Bull s**t.
    If the woman don't like me for what I do and who I am, forget it. Sure my folks would be upset at me only showing interest in foreign girls but there's always a reason for that. Just a few days and I'll be meeting my Belgian :D
    I hate the princess type as well. I want my girl to have some strength you know? Physical and mental strenght. All that chicken s**t "oh no it's a spec of dust" thing makes me very sick.

23. jeesun

jeesun New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    L.A./Mpls.
    Re: High maintenance Korean girls

Wooo! Good call. Just a reminder to all you guys though...there's plenty of Korean girls out there who are not princesses by any means...try the adopted Koreans in Minnesota for example...

24. red fire engine

Jun 7, 2003
    Anyang
    Seems I started a fire with my last post.

I am dating a Korean but she drinks me under the table and then kicks me in the guts for good measure. Don't know where the hell I found her actually. I teach uni students (in Korea) and you can see the real from the princess in about half a second. 90% of the cute students are totally thick. They know they can take their pick of some high rollers in the next few years. Well at least thats what they think anyway. Nasty surprises in store with a bit of luck.

Funny that you put the boot into me here as well essvee. I am nyujeelandsaram from the Busan forum heehehehee.

Bring it on, it's all good.

rfe

25. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Here is an interesting statistic. In the latest US census, the figures state that for the past couple years the various heritages of Asian American males have the largest increase in out-marriage of their respective ethnic heritage. That means, men of Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese ancestory or what have you, are marrying non-Chinese, non-Japanese, or Vietnamese women. Interestingly, in this data, Korean males have the largest increase in out-marriage of all the Asian based heritages. I'm not saying it's because they don't want to deal with demanding and superfical Korean women, but the numbers reveal something. Korean women are great, and I love my mother.