Confirmed Transfers 2012/13 Thread (aka the mesh shirts gets Kensington excited thread)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by DaveyGorgeous, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Unfortunately for Marotta, a lot of the buying was done by Secco.

Truth is that the market sucks out there. There are no great strikers available. Just a bunch of clones.

2. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^While it may be true that there are less "world class" strikers out there today, there are still a handful or more of strikers that are superior in quality to what we currently have and their addition would improve our squad. So, just because there are no world class strikers doesn't mean we don't go after some of the best that are currently.

Bianconeri13 repped this.
  3. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And I disagree and you know so. The quality is not much different, if any. I watched the Super Coppa last night. I did not see anything special about Cavani that would have made a difference for Juve. It is not as if there are a ton of balls played into the penalty area that our strikers miss. We just don't play that way.

4. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But, Falc, you always like to judge someone by saying "I saw __________ game last night, ________ didn't impress me." Why not try to take a larger sample size?

I mean, if you looked at our recent pre-season friendlies, one could take a line from your notebook and say "I saw Matri in ________ game last night, he was wasteful and didn't impose himself on the match. I'm not impressed at all."

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds like the Obama campaign, it's not my fault. It's time to move on and man up, Marotta's been here for 3 years now. What about Krasic and Elia? You can't blame Secco for that.

Marotta is a failure when it comes to selling players, he has no idea how to bleed a rock. His buying skills aren't much better.

You mystify me.

DaveyGorgeous repped this.
  6. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that you say that really says something to me. And I'm not even a great fan of Cavani.

7. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Bari have become the latest Serie B side to be paired with available Juventus goalkeeper Nicola Leali.
    The custodian, 19, joined the Bianconeri in a €3.8m move from Brescia at the start of July, but he’s set for an immediate loan switch.
    Given that the Old Lady have Gigi Buffon and Marco Storari on their books, Lealiwill be offered no playing time with La Signora in 2012-13.
    Crotone and Lanciano had showed some interest in the Italian, but it appears that Bari are also assessing taking him on loan for the next 12 months.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Last night was not the first time that I watched Cavani and it was not the first time that he did not impress me. He is not this great striker some of you make him out or wish him to be.

I said a lot of the buying was done by Secco, not all. Marotta, like Moggi, is not going to hit 100%. That is why I do not criticize him like some here. I remember when we got Krasic. Some here and some in the media claimed him to be the next Nedved. What a ********ing joke. Elia was another miss no doubt. Just did not fit here. But some of the players, like Melo, that some of you wish would be sold for outrageous sums is just not going to happen.

juventino13 repped this.
  9. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Then, I must say you must've been unfortunate to have only caught a Cavani game when he was below-form. Because if you watch him with consistency, you would see his quality.

And, no one says Melo should be sold for outrageous sums but 6.75 over 3 years? That's paltry especially in "this" market.

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Who is Melo?

Cavani is a good striker, nothing else. He would do well at Juve but be no different than what we have now. He brings nothing new to the table. Why you think otherwise, I have no idea.

11. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Isn't that all you want out of a player?

12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i dont think cavani is that consistent and he's kind of like an ibra "minnows killer" although he can have some big games too but overall im not too impressed, just cuz he has a good goal tally at napoli who plays counter attack futbol (mostly due to lavezzi) it doesnt mean he can do the same at juve, which is NOT a striker centric team. He is if anything just a tad bit better than matri. I like to see how he'll do with lavezzi gone
    and again theres the uruguay ex in olympics

13. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why you seem to be one of the few who think otherwise, we have no idea.

Duck Manson and Dante repped this.
  14. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's talk facts: not opinion ("I don't think he's better than what we have"). Last year Cavani scored against Juventus, Roma, Udinese (twice), Chelsea (and 2 assists), Inter (twice), ManCity (three times), Villarreal, and Milan (three times). Inconsistent and only a minnow killer? I beg to differ.

Duck Manson and Bianconeri13 repped this.
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I want that out of all players who wear the bianconero. But for us to shell out 20 million or more for Cavani is a waste of money. It does not improve us significantly, if at all.

I am not alone.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And that won for Napoli the scudetto, CL, Coppa Italia, Super Coppa ....

17. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    He's scored 49 goals in 68 games in 2 seasons at Napoli. Try to wrap your head around that. 49 goals in 68 games against Serie A defenses. Also, he's scored 5 goals in 8 Champions League games (let's not forget what group they were in), and 12 goals in 18 European matches overall with Napoli. To call him a "minnow killer" is absolutely false. He kills more than just minnows. Let's compare that with Ibrahimovic's 2 years at Milan - 42 goals in 61 games in league play and 9 goals in 16 European matches. Cavani's strike rate is actually higher than Ibrahimovic's in league play, and better than Ibrahimovic's in Europe.

Whether you think he'll fit or not is one thing, but to say he won't produce is just flat out wrong.

Duck Manson and Bianconeri13 repped this.
  18. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Why does it matter what he costs? Is it your money?

Duck Manson repped this.
  19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You bring up the most bizarre things, Falc. What does this have to do with his individual talent? So, every player who didnt win their league last year is not good enough according to you.

Duck Manson repped this.
  20. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Didn't say alone. I said one of the few.

21. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    like i said he's better than ibra in the minnow killer dept. but like i said lets see how he'll do without lavezzi

22. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I agree with Falc, Cavani isn't such hot shit. The money needed to bring him in is RIDICULOUS and he isn't ********ing Superman

Falc repped this.
  23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    It has everything to do with bringing him to Juve. We are not bringing a player to boost his stats. We bring players to win championships. That is the entire point.

24. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If Cavani comes and gets Vucinic minutes, we are looking at maybe 15 goals. The system we play does not feed the striker with a lot of chances. I think Cavani could be a good work horse in Conte's system but it will be a lot of what we see already in Matri. So unless he is brought on board and the game plan changes where he is the focus of the attack, don't expect a lot out of him. And I doubt the tactics will be changed for a player who is nothing special anyway.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This is why any player should be brought to Juve ....

[​IMG]