Confirmed Transfers 2012/13 Thread (aka the mesh shirts gets Kensington excited thread)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by DaveyGorgeous, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Esti has not been signed, yet. Personally I hope he's not.

2. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    We cannot afford to overspend for "potentially world class". Barca can. Citeh can. Real Madrid can. Chelski can. We cannot. We can overspend on world class, but we cannot afford to be overspending on "potential world class".

Dante repped this.
  3. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But, we already have two RWBs for the 3-5-2: Caceres and Lichtsteiner. Basically, then he's been bought to compete for the RWF spot in a 4-3-3 (when we play it), third choice RWB/RB in a 3-5-2/4-3-3 or 4th/5th choice RCM in the 4-3-3/3-5-2.

I don't doubt his utility will come in handy and we will likely make use of him. But, I feel like someone who could play the left side (ahem, Kolarov) would have filled a bigger need.

4. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think youre severely underrating isla bro. As for cacetes, i think hell become our 4th choice cb rather than being used on the right.

As for asamoah, how are we overspending if we just added a half starter, muscle, and explosiveness to our midfield? Last season we had padoin, giacch, and marrone as subs. Now we'll replace padoin with asamoah. Lets not forget that we'll play on three fronts next season. Asamoah was vert much a necessity.

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am not underating him, I am just thinking that he can play RB/RWB/RM (set), CM (set) and RF (could use competition here for Pepe). He is a great player but he plays three roles - all of which we are really set at (with RF being the only exception). A player who could play anywhere along the left flank would've been more useful to us and a smarter purchase. That is my point.

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    someone will come for the left Davey, chill out its not even July yet

7. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hahha you're right. But, we just spent 7.5M on him (this summer) for a player who is good but will techincally a utility player. Would've preferred to get the bigger needs out of the way first. But, let's see what Beppe Marotta can conjure.

juventino13 repped this.
  8. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Marotta will get someone for each needed position. We needn't worry about that. What I am worried about is Marotta trying to get cute, and bring in more Borriellos and Padoins. We have a chance to not only win the league next year, but with the right players, we could be dominant. Bringing in a Kolarov is a step in that direction.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    time and patience guys. Still a long way to go before the market is even officially open. We don't even know Marotta's plans this time around and that's good. It's about time he kept some cards close to his chest

DaveyGorgeous repped this.
  10. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    The summer transfer window is the longest two months in football. I'm tired of waiting. Why can't we start already?!?!

juventino13 repped this.
  11. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [​IMG]

KensingtonSC and DaveyGorgeous repped this.
  12. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Marotta Meme will NEVER get old!*

*subject to change should the Scudetti stop flowing in

DaveyGorgeous repped this.
  13. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    "So, I take off Milly Moratti's panties, right, and I'm about to plow her when a soccer ball pops out from between her legs. Her vagina was this big. I shit you not. This f*cking big. Now I know why her husband's teeth are all f*cked up..."

14. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with Alex in the sense that I believe Conte is going to have Caceres as the 4th choice Center back. With Isla and Licht battling it out for the right. but we desperately need someone for the left. either a upgrade for PDC or a back-up.

15. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yeah, Isla is too ********ing good to just be a utility player. Competition for the starting spot will only improve the Nazi. Licht for the 4-3-3, Isla for the 3-5-2.

Kolarov anyone?

16. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    DaveyGorgeous esti's 5 million option expired and was not renewed. he remains hopeful of a lower purchase or another loan, no news on if we are pursuing that. i liked him, and i was for buying him, but with isla coming in i think that's his replacement and now see no need for him. i wouldn't mind seeing him keep playing in italy tho, maybe someone will pick him up (if torino did he could keep the same residence :D )

17. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i agree tho, the price for isla seems a whole lot for someone who fits a lot of roles but doesn't look to be a starter anywhere. i know you could say asamoah is the same situation, but he should be getting tons of playing time and gives us a quality replacement for our most crucial part of team. is isla offensive enough to steal pepe's role? is he defensive enough to take lich's? is he able to play on the left and take pdc? i don't know isla's style enough, but he seems like a piece that, while talented, was not completely needed; but we shall see.

if he were to take lich's place (well), i wouldn't be mad. i really liked what i saw from lich at the start, but looking back i wonder if i was so impressed because he was following pure mediocrity. as the season wore on, he wore off on me, and his constant complaining hasn't earned him points in my book. he is not a bad player, but if isla stole his spot i wouldn't be mad at all

18. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    VUCINIC - NEW ST
    (Quagliarella) - (Matri)​
    (5th ST) - (Pepe)​
    (Giaccherini) - (Giaccherini)​
    MARCHISIO - PIRLO - VIDAL
    NEW LWB ------------------------------------------------------- LICHTSTEINER
    (Asamoah) - (Marrone) - (Asamoah)​
    (Pogba) - (Pogba) - (Isla)​
    (De Ceglie) ----------------------------------------------------------------- (Isla)​
    (Giaccherini) ----------------------------------------------------------------- (Pepe)​
    CHIELLINI - BONUCCI - BARZAGLI
    (Caceres) - (Caceres) - (Caceres)​
    (5th CB) - (5th CB) - (5th CB)​
    BUFFON
    (Storari)​
    (Leali/Branescu)​
    2012-2013 Squad:
    Goalkeepers (3): Buffon, Storari, Leali/Branescu
    Defenders (8): New LB/LWB, De Ceglie, Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, Caceres, 5th Choice CB, Lichtsteiner
    Midfielders (9): Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo, Asamoah, Marrone, Pogba, Isla, Giaccherini, Pepe
    Forwards (5): New ST, Matri, Quagliarella, Vucinic, 5th Choice ST

Summer 2012 Transfers:
    Sell/Release: Del Piero, Borriello, Krasic, Elia, Padoin, Estigarribia, Grosso, Manninger​
    - Del Piero will move on, as will Grosso and Manninger.
    - Looks likely that Krasic and Elia will be sold.
    - I would not take up Estigarribia's option and I would sell Padoin now that we have so many central midfield options.
    Buy: (1) Pogba; (2) New Starting ST; (3) 5th Choice ST (youngster/veteran for depth); (4) New Starting LB/LWB (*Fill 5th Choice CB with a youngster such as Prince Guano).​
    - Our GK troops loose Manninger as the 3rd choice but Leali, a young prospect, has joined. If he is loaned out, let the youngster Branescu keep the 3rd choice GK spot.
    - With Isla's signing, we have both Lichtsteiner and Isla for the RB/RWB spot. Caceres, I would think, then moves back to being first choice CB off the bench. We will need another CB but the 5th choice can be filled by a youngster, such as Prince Guano. A more important need is the LB/LWB spot (perhaps someone like Kolarov?)
    - With the signings of Asamoah and Isla, we have solidified the midfield with more than sufficient depth in the centre and on the right. This could be furthered with the signings of Pogba and Verratti (though if we get the latter, I would keep him in Pescara on loan for an additional season).
    - We take a hit in our striker department as Del Piero leaves and we all don't want and hope Borriello isn't signed. That leaves only Vucinic, Quagliarella and Matri as our true strikers. Two need to be signed. Hopefully, one is someone like Cavani, Higuain, etc., the other? Destro, Immobile, etc.

After signing Leali, Asamoah, and Isla, I'd hope to round that out with Pogba (free), Cavani, Kolarov and Immobile. Dream mercato.

19. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  20. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pogba could not make the bench. Padoin will not be sold.

21. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's the danger with Pogba as he left ManU because he wants playing time assurances. But, with Marchisio, Vidal, and Pirlo the preferred starters and with Asamoah signed at 15M, Asamoah will likely be the first choice off he bench for Marchisio or Vidal. So, Pogba will have to compete with Marrone (assuming he's not loaned out) to be the fifth choice CM (though who knows, Isla can play in the center as well).

Padoin may not be sold but he really should. I see no reason to keep him when we already have Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo, Asamoah, Marrone, Isla and possibly Pogba as well. When will he ever be needed?

22. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    During an injury crisis of epic proportions. Like the kind we suffered in 2009-10. I don't know if we'll sell him, but I do think he'll be loaned out. He's a useful player for any mid-table Italian side, so it shouldn't be that difficult to find a suitor.

23. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So, basically, he would only play in the off chance that four or five of our central midfielders are injured at the same time. Not worth paying his wages (even though they are likely low) for him to play in just these rare circumstances. Sell him.

24. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Its funny how quick some of you are to forget how many injury crisis situations we've had the past 3 seasons. smh. Remember when we had to overpay for Matri about a year and a half ago? remember why? Yeah, if we have to keep Padoin for peace of mind, then so be it. better to be safe than sorry. Last thing we need is for Quags to be playing CM.

25. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Buying Matri was a little different. For the striker position (which we usually play 2) we had 6 players. If a few go down, other plays cannot play in that position. For the central midfield, we usually play 3: we have Marchisio, Vidal, Pirlo, Asamoah, and Marrone. Plus, Pogba likely to be coming and Isla can play CM. On top of all this, Conte used Giaccherini as a CM frequently as well, oftentimes starting him over Padoin. So, Padoin would be our 8th choice CM. In the off chance that he did have play, which would be extremely rare, I'd rather give the shot to a youngster like Bouy or Appelt.