Confirmed Transfers 2012/13 Thread (aka the mesh shirts gets Kensington excited thread)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by DaveyGorgeous, Jun 12, 2012.

1. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What makes it a bad summer is a combination of the following: our two biggest weaknesses, striker and left back, have gone unaddressed. Our purchases were for depth and we spent heavily at that. We spent foolishly on young strikers who haven't done anything yet (Boakye, Gabbiadini) yet that money could've gone to the first goal aforementioned. Lastly, we utterly failed in every respect to get event decent amount for players we sold. We sold Krasic, a Russian international, for an amount that is less than what we spent for an 18-year Ghananian who has no real experience in top flight football. TERRIBLE!

Daei_10, KensingtonSC and gumbacicc repped this.
  2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lol, you are delussional. Stop whining. We didn't address left back because we aren;t playing with a LB. Asamoah has looked great at LWB so no complaints there. And i repeat, the summer isn't over so we don't know if a striker is coming or not, and even if no-one does its not the end of the world. Krasic was never gonna be sold for anything more than that, NO-ONE WANTED HIM, it was a good deal all things considered. Like i said, good summer. Not great but good. And if we get a decent striker it will be a great one

3. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Delusional? Whining? I'm speaking my opinion, if you disagree with it then fine. It seems more are in disagreement with you. And if you think Krasic for 7M value, and Boakye for 8M value and Gabbiadini for 11M value is good business then I don't know what to tell you.

This mercato can be summarized as follows: we overspent for players which were not big needs, we spent nothing on players that were big needs, and were underpaid for players we dont need.

4. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We didn't spend 11 on Gaba, neither did we spend 8 on Boakye. Would you rather we have kept Krasic, let him rot on the bench and then sell him for even less to No-one-wanted-him-now-no-one-will-want-him-next-season FC?

5. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We didn't spend 11M on Gaba nor 8M on Boakye but our purchase of 50% of their contracts values them at those amounts. And, that is just beyond terrible!

6. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    and yet no-one is better than us in italy. Yes, terrible :rolleyes:

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're one game in, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

8. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is not the point of what I was saying. I'm evaluating our mercato, which I think was poor. That doesn't have anything to do with whether we're the best team in Italy.

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    it does, because our mercato's are what makes us the best team in italy, and this one made us that much better ;)

1251alex repped this.
  10. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, sorry if you're content with being the best in Italy. I'd like us to eventually become the best in the world and summer transfer markets like this do not get us closer to the best in the world.

gumbacicc repped this.
  11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I was unaware that all it took was one summer to become the best in the world...

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I was also unaware that it takes one good striker to become the best in the world :rolleyes:

13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    First, I believe Krasic is Serbian and not Russian. We got what we got for him. The demand was not there.

Second, the supply for top quality strikers is not there. It is not as if finding tomatoes at the grocers in the middle of the summer. And after today's match, I'm still not convinced it will make a difference. Our possession game slows down the match. We don't run much of a counter attack. So many of these so called world class strikers that some of you drool about are not going to produce big numbers.

1251alex repped this.
  14. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You're not getting it. There is no question that we are currently the best squad in Italy. That said, we will be competing in Europe and are within striking distance for CL. If you look at our squad versus the other top European sides, we are clearly lacking in strikers. What's the issue with attempting to close that gap by bringing in a top striker?

DaveyGorgeous repped this.
  15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The question is who are these top quality strikers that are available?

16. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Barca play a possession system. The strikers there haven't done well? How did RvP do in Arsenal's possession-based system?

Bianconeri13 repped this.
  17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We had opportunities to get the top guys over the past two seasons. RvP, Dzeko, Aguero, Suarez are just a few of the top guys who have moved in recent seasons. We are unwilling to spend the money sufficient to grab these guys. You're not going to get one of these true difference-makers for 15M.

Duck Manson repped this.
  18. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And? Again, who are all of these top quality strikers that are flooding the transfer market? Van Persie got his wish and stayed in the EPL. I don't think Barcelona is going to let go of Messi.

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Really, all of those players slipped under Marotta's fingers?

20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    first off people talk about our strikers like they are shit.....we have 4 really good strikers in vucinic, matri, quags and gio...they are not messi or ronaldo but they are good enough to be starters for many many teams in the top 4 leagues of the world.

I think one of our flaws as an attacking team is, 1 we are not fast in counters, 2 we are not fast in build ups and 3 we dont set up our attackers like we should...other than hail mary long balls and crosses. we are not a striker centric team, which is why u see vucinic play so many min....conte doesnt put him in there to score many goals, and the same reason u hardly see a 2 or 3 striker formation...when he uses 2 or 3 its more like 1 pure striker in matri and the others are supporters. So thats why i dont think these high profile, poacher type strikers wont be successful here. IM really hoping to see gio step it up more, he's still finding his chemistry at this team and we need to utilize his speed more.

21. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Falc, you are correct in the Krasic Serbia/Russian mistake. I was thinking he had top-flight experience in Russian and dozens of caps for the Serbian international team. Apologies if I offended anyone.

Anyway, you guys took one thing I said and made it out to be my main point. We were discussing THIS mercato and I said it was poor because of various reasons, ONE of which being our failure to address our striker situation. I didn't say "oh, we become the best in the world by getting a top striker." Wrong. But if we continue to have mercatos like this past one, we will not progress by becoming one of the world's best.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And all I am saying is that there is a thin market out there for top strikers. No one impressed at the EC this summer. Nor at the Olympics. It is not if there are clubs willing to sell unless an outrageous amount is thrown at them. So stating that we did poorly this mercato is not accurate.

turco3 and juventino13 repped this.
  23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

when TORRESS wins the golden boot, thats when you know its a thin market for strikers lol

24. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think we had a great transfer campaign either. But I think that the signings we made are quality and that we did not over pay for them. Asamoah and Isla are bargains especially considering other teams were trying to sign them. As shown they will slot in the starting line up of the 352.

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I just named some of the key guys above. The point is that you have to be willing to spend to get these guys-and we haven't been.

I don't think RvP ever said he wanted to stay in the EPL. From what I have read, there was a very realistic possibility he was coming here.