Confederations Cup 2013

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by RicSanch, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RicSanch

RicSanch Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is anyone heading to Brazil in June to watch the Confederations Cup?

2. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    I live in Brazil, but do not know if I can watch the games I want ...

3. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I bought tickets for the 2 group-stage matches in Rio.

4. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    I am jealous ... :mad:

5. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Unfortunately my credit card had problems and could not buy tickets during the presale VISA :( was so easy to buy for the final :mad:

Now, in the normal phase of sales, I've done my requests (for residents in Brazil the claim can be paid in billet). I watch all three matches in Rio (Spain x Tahiti, Mexico x Italy and final), but I guess not be could to final...

6. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My visa is a visa debit card so it wasnt accepted for the pre sale phase, i applied for the second phase for all the rio group games and for the final game but still waiting for a response from fifa..... i also applied for a visa to be able to enter brasil with no problem but still waiting to hear back from the brasil consulate in miami.... if all gets approved the tickets plus the travel visa i will be going from may to july and hopefully be able to see the england friendly also and plan on joining a portuguese language school while im there

[]__[]

7. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Só nos meus sonhos :(

8. RicSanch

RicSanch Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I also applied in the first phase and FIFA had taken money out of my account and held it for a few weeks but I never got the confirmation email...it must of been because it was a Visa Credit/Debit Card as well...I was reallly upset because it was really easy to buy the tickets for the final and semifinal. Luckily a friend of ours was able to buy the final, semifinal tickets...

We have now applied for the 1st round of tickets to watch the Mexico games..

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    It wasn't that easy to get tickets to the final during the first phase. You had to jump on things really quick. When I applied for my tickets the final wasn't available anymore.

10. RicSanch

RicSanch Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Depends on when you went on the computer...I woke up at 6am, which means it was 10am in Brazil and the site was fine, easy to apply and buy the tickets to any game, which is how we got ours...I noticed the site start clogging up a few hours later.

11. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Had tickets for all the sectors for final for several hours (started at 10am here in Brazil) ... I spent hours trying to fix my credit card while the ticket was ''waiting for me''... if you speak the most expensive ticket, tickets were left until the evening.

Since it's Confederations Cup, I'm not angry.

But if it happens in ticket sales for the World Cup, I'll be depressed for the rest of my life. hahaha

12. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Category 1 tickets were available for awhile when i applied but had the problem of having a visa debit card and not a regular visa. I might still go even if i cant get tickets and just enjoy the atmosphere take a portuguese course and start familiarizing myself with the country ahead of the world cup.

[]__[]

13. RicSanch

RicSanch Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    One more day to find out about the ticket applications! Im excited and nervous...I hope I get the games I requested and I hope FIFA does a good job of notifying those who won or not...I want to start planning my trip already.

14. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Although applications for the second phase ends tomorrow, it will probably be a couple of weeks before we find out if we were successful or not.

15. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    I'm sure I get tickets to the games in Rio, but my expectation is by entering the final game...

16. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    I'm seriously considering going to it, but since it's just the confeds I don't see much of point in buying tickets in advance, am I wrong in thinking that way?

17. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    It depends on which game you want to watch.

If you want to watch the matches of Brazil NT (maybe Spain NT), the semifinals and finals, is certainly better hurry because the demand is too great ... if not exhausting the current sales phase, few tickets remain for the next phase of sales.

Now, the rest of the game should not have so much demand ... I believe I will watch the games of the group stage in Rio because I think still many tickets left over in the coming months.

In the first 24 hours of sale, 186.000 applications for tickets were made... imagine how is now?

18. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    ''Buyers will be notified between January 16 and February 14 on the outcome of their applications''

19. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Ticket applications during first sales reach 399,525

The first public ticket sales phase for the FIFA Confederations Cup came to a close today (Tuesday, 15 January 2013) with the fantastic number of 399,525 ticket requests received from 78 different countries.

The city with most tickets requested was Salvador with 93,567, followed by Rio de Janeiro (88,420), Brasilia (68,912), Fortaleza (68,352), Recife (51,518) and Belo Horizonte (28,756). The most popular match so far during this application window has been the opening match Brazil versus Japan with 68,912 tickets being requested, followed by match 9 in Salvador, Italy against Brazil (68,114) and the Final in Maracanã/Rio de Janeiro (51,388). The vast majority of applications came from Brazil followed by USA, Mexico, Spain, Japan, Germany, France, Italy and Argentina.

It is important to re-emphasis that FIFA will not be able to fulfill all of the 399,525 ticket requests received during this sales phase as the number of ticket requests received for certain matches and categories exceeds the available inventory by far. It is equally important to highlight that FIFA will make sure that the CAT4 tickets are only available to Brazilian residents and to which students, elderly and Bolsa family members have priority access to, at least 50,000 tickets will be assigned during the draw in the next couple of days.

http://www.fifa.com/confederationsc...tml?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_media_statements

20. RicSanch

RicSanch Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There should be a stat of how many of the Brazilian applicants are just looking to buy tickets to resell on the street.

21. RicSanch

RicSanch Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I do not like this process FIFA took with the Confed Cup...there should have been TST (team specific tickets) just like there was for the World Cup.

22. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    It's true ... but maybe this was not done because the Confed Cup is a short tournament.

For the World Cup, tickets will go on sale the 2nd half of this year... probably should be the same 2010

23. barcafutbol

barcafutbol New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    has anyone received confirmation on second phase tickets?

24. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    All I've received was an email saying the closing of the sale phase but nothing about if I was successful getting them. It tells me to go to my account and check on the tickets but there is nothing there yet.

[]__[]

25. barcafutbol

barcafutbol New Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

bummer...can't really plan anything. how long does it take to randomly pick out some numbers?