CONCACAF U20 Other teams thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Real Corona, Feb 19, 2013.

1. youth=glory

youth=glory Member

Sep 2, 2010
    You try to discredit his statement by bringing up evidence that helps prove his point....

2. jcwkings

jcwkings Member+

Feb 26, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Mexico is clearly the best team in this tournament, they sleep walked that second half, otherwise could have gotten really ugly.

3. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Yeah, nothing we didn't know as far as Mex being the best team here. Just trying to qualify and hope we look considerably better by the time the big dance comes around.

4. Lukato

Lukato Member+

Sep 7, 2012
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    sometimes that's the best thing to do, Curacao got really desperate and aggressive in the second half, the ref really needed to show at least two or three more yellows.

5. Dr. Gamera

Dr. Gamera Member+

Oct 13, 2005
    Wheaton, Maryland
    So what should we expect from Panama on Thursday in the light of all the suspensions from qualifying? Second place in Group C means a near-certain quarterfinal date with Mexico.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I think this is what people expected of Haiti..........................who proved to be much, much better than this.

The US may benefit from having that really good test in their opening game.

Mexico can basically sleep-walk thru this group, but do have a potentially more difficult game in the quarters than the US. (Jamaica or Panama)

It's the difference between wanting to play with this possession-oriented style.................and knowing how to do it.

I think the goal for the USSF is that this style is being taught at the DA and youth levels, so that eventually the American players will have the same understanding together. But we're clearly not at the level of this Mexico youth team. I mean, we know this Mexico youth team is good. We saw these kids at the U17 level. Not only are these guys the favorites in CONCACAF, they look capable of winning the whole shebang in Turkey. [That's not based on the game against Curacao, but the whole body of work]

And so yes, Americans may win the U20 World Cup this year. But it's more likely to be Richard Sanchez and Uvaldo Luna. By the way, I agree with an earlier poster................I'm not sure about Luna on this team.

7. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be honest, I think Jamaica looked better than Mexico over 90 minutes, and Jamaica was playing a better team. Mexico is definitely sleepwalking right now, and I could see them getting jolted awake by an early goal in their first knockout game.

Don't get me wrong, Mexico is obviously the best team here, but Jamaica and Panama are both capable teams. They're likely both better than Cuba and Canada.

8. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Puerto Rico was a joke though.

They made things interesting by scoring a goal and forcing Jamaica to seek the winner.

Jamaica did look very good though. Should not be underestimated.

9. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luna wasn't really good enough for the US team. Only explanation I can see is that the Mexican coaches were trying to troll us.

10. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Would you be saying that if we won 7-0?

Because honestly, that could have easily been the scoreline at half time.

As the commentators kept repeating - they got complacent and didn't feel an urgency to attack because simply they didn't have to. And in all honesty - its 3 points with no injuries, rested players, and no yellow cards.

11. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
  12. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It honestly doesn't matter. Jamaica played a complete game and pressured hard for 90 minutes, Mexico went to sleep in the second half. Over 90 minutes, Jamaica looked better. That, in itself, doesn't mean shit. Its just an observation.

13. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    Mexico didn't use all the starters yesterday.

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, but honestly I'm a bit surprised he even made the team. I'm not familiar enough with Mexico's pool but I'd have to think they have better options.

15. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally, apart from when Mexico plays the US or has an impact directly on our WC qualifying, I hope Mexico continues to do very well. Makes even more clear just how backwards and stupid USSF is.

Germerica repped this.
  16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I think Mexico has bigger ambitions with this tournament. Frankly, I don't think they're bothered for one second about the USYNT and "stealing" players from us. If they really wanted to do that they could do much more damage than taking Uvaldo Luna.

USAMEX10 repped this.
  17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was not being serious.

18. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Game starts in 15 minutes.

19. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nobody is showing this? I see fsc isn't showing this game

20. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    FSC is only showing US and Mexico games.

I'll try and find a stream.

21. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Costa Rica up 1-0 on a goal in the 22'

22. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Firstrow has 2 streams, link 1 is in English

23. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Haiti is forced to sub out their GK due to injury in the 36'

24. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    CR up 1-0 at HT.

CR looks a little better than we did vs. Haiti, but Haiti is still giving them some fits. We'll see if fatigue comes into play for Haiti since they played just 2 days ago (and only 2 field subs available now), an advantage we'll have over CR.

25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ielag thanks for the update.