News: CONCACAF Hex Draw

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Nov 7, 2012.

1. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    What a dork Brummie is. Of course I meant to ruin a joke. Some people take the interwebz a little too seriously.

2. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're on our way back up next year. All we need is our own Arab billionaire. You guys are all meany faces.

3. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the Chicago game. We had beer (yes, it was definitely beer) thrown on us after the game was over (and saw a lot more cups being thrown), but all in all, most of the Honduran fans were perfectly fine.

As and aside, when Honduras scored the go ahead first goal, that was the loudest I ever remember a stadium)

4. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume you weren't at US-Switzerland then?? That was the loudest (soccerwise) I can remember. The dome held in the sound.

5. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I got to go to two games in Detroit in 94, but neither were USA games. That World Cup was when I actually became a fan of soccer, and not just a player.

tomwilhelm repped this.
  6. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, does anyone know what level season ticket holder one must be to be eligible for pre-sale for USA games? I'm a half season (black), but with my second kid on the way I'm considering downgrading to a 5 pack (silver?). But I definitely want to be able to buy USA-Mexico if CCS does get it.

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already was in 1994--what sealed it for me was two incidents in 1973 (though I grew up playing, as I lived in a German neighborhood outside Philly): The Atoms (NASL) coming to town and winning and my experience in late May on the streets of Hannover when all of these crazy people were running around because Hannover had finished 16th that day--and avoided relegation (though I ended up becoming a Gladbach fan due to a photo of Wolfgang Kleff in Mickey Maus magazine my German teacher had). Mrs. KG kinda got drug into it as I was a player when we met. I think her first experience of pro soccer was Germany-England in Detroit a couple of years before followed by the Cup itself. Then we started volunteering with the Xoggz, which she loved (she likes to be useful). The rest is history. [And yes, I have taken her to see Gladbach play--twice.]