News: CONCACAF Hex Draw

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by KCbus, Nov 7, 2012.

1. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9/10 or 10/11. We'll get one of them. I'm hoping for Mexico on 9/10 of course, but 10/11 vs. Jamaica is not out of the question either.

2. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My predictions:

3/22 vs. Costa Rica: Home Depot Center
    6/11 vs. Panama: BBVA Compass Stadium
    6/18 vs. Honduras: Red Bull Arena
    9/10 vs. Mexico: Livestrong Sporting Park
    10/11 vs. Jamaica: Jen-Weld Field

3. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no way, in no how that US Soccer will play ANY WCQ match on astroturf like they have in Jeld Wen.

RoleModel83 repped this.
  4. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Respect your opinions b/c of who you are and how well I know you, but I'm really looking forward to the day I come back to this post to show you scored 20% on your predictions. U.S. Soccer is not going west twice. Columbus will get a game, I can guarantee you that. I also struggle to believe neither our nation's capital nor the home of U.S. Soccer will get one.

HardHatMike repped this.
  5. KHT_Crew

KHT_Crew Member+

Mar 29, 2003
    Queen City, OH
    I really like that CR at HDC to start. I don't like Honduras in NJ. I think Honduras goes to KC and Mexico goes to CCS. Three tougher opponents in the hex in three US friendly environments.

6. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    No way Jeld Wen gets a game with their turf

7. Swellster

Swellster Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Dallas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't see us playing any game that matters against a Latin American team in Houston. That would be idiocy. I also think the likelihood of either Livestrong or CCS being left out of hosting is zero point zero. The home field is worth too much. I personally think we get 9/10 given our track record and the quality of our pitch. Jurgen gushed about our crowd and how much of an advantage our playing surface gives to the style of play he wants.

8. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You missed the Jamaica game. Crew Stadium is a stone cold lock to get a game next year.

9. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'll find out and then argue with a RSL guy who say's hes going to quit BS if I'm right and then renig...

west ham sandwich repped this.
  10. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think they ever can install grass, a spring or stream runs under the field, so the water table is too high.

When will SanJose's new Stadium be done?

11. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    While I'm still in favor of CCS getting a game - I would not put it as a 100% lock as I would have in years past. I'm pretty sure some things outside the "environment" happened pre/during/post the Jamaica game earlier this year that is going to give US Soccer a second thought about coming back here. I'd put it at 60/40 right now...

12. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fid, I'd be interested in hearing about that. Unless of course, it's something pretty sensitive that you can't shore. Of course, I'd STILL be probably even more interested in hearing about that too!

13. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    I just heard rumblings from some folk who work around the US Soccer community that they weren't all that pleased with some of the stuff pre/during/post event. I'm not going to get in to specifics but these folks are certainly connected to know...

And listen, I'm not saying that stuff happened that unequivocally prevents us from getting a game in the Hex, I'm just saying that it won't be the cakewalk it has been in the past. In the past it was a foregone conclusion Columbus got a game. This time it's likely, just not a given in my mind...

14. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Why won't you go into specifics?

15. NC Soccer United

NC Soccer United BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 25, 2011
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Oh come on, don't leave us hanging. You can at least be vague about it.

16. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    For many reasons I don't have the time or patience to list... Enjoy what you got.

tomwilhelm repped this.
  17. invalid

invalid Member

Apr 2, 2003
    Seattle
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Thank you for the scraps. I am grateful for what I got.

And one day I hope to become connected.

18. SirCuau

SirCuau New Member

May 30, 2007
    No matter where you face México, anyway you will lose the match

ZipSix repped this.
  19. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would easily put it over 60% on coming to Columbus. And this is based on player response to the environment. I didn't see quite the same amount of love on Tweeter, Vicebook and other press sources for SKC as I did for Columbus. That is not to say there wasn't any, but the immediate aftermath love fest from the players for our homely stadium was awesome. Shit, guys like Fabian Johnson coming out and saying that our 20k+ sounded like 50k is an epic testament to what we bring. And that kind of comment will not go unnoticed by the brass.

The other thing that it our performance as fans did against Jamaica was that it served notice to every other potential host city. I'd go as far to say that we put pressure on SKC to put on as good an environment as they did because we clearly upped our game. After they announced us hosting Jamaica, our thread was split between people saying 10k in attendance to 15k. Few were saying sell out. After all, it was only Jamaica. Then we sold it out, expanded it and sold it out again.

20. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYP.

Skeleton Crew repped this.
  21. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    much appreciated

22. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

mateo319 and invalid repped this.
  23. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I realize you can't go into specifics, but I just hope it was nothing on the fans part. A lot of people worked super hard to pull off a heck of a day. If it was a situation where the fans did something to sour USSF on Columbus, especially after all the work that was done, I'd say there's case for disappointment.

24. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I can point to a scoreboard Dos a Cero.

go away troll.

25. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BigSoccer's Crew Forum = Where we have to deal with Canadian AND Mexican trolls. Call us the "crossroads of North America." And they say Ohio is boring!

Then again, the thread doesn't have the typical "Crew forum" disclaimer in the title, making it a little misleading on the home page.