CONCACAF Champions League 2009-10

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by El Naranja, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I missed that red card but I did see a chunk of the second half after getting home - very glad that Toronto got eliminated; I just don't like anyone on that team, they all seem like jerks (Garcia, Brennan, Robinson).

2. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pachuca scored in the 4th minute in Guatemala, wow, I am so glad because I bought tickets for the CCL games, much better to see Pachuca than Jalapa.

3. freshpow21

freshpow21 Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Maybe it won't make a difference, but I'm hoping our team continues to get wins in MLS and distance ourselves from others in the West in hopes that the latter games in the season aren't seen as so crucial. Then perhaps our big players can get rests and make more of an impact in these CCL games.

Who knows...Dom would probably like this to happen but in the back of his mind he'll still sit the starters to cut down on injuries in CCL. Hope not.

4. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Poor Jalapa, down 6-0 aggregate in the 38th minute.....

but they do have a colorful stadium. and some real nice hibiscus. and lots of security with very big guns. :D

5. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone watching the DC United/Firpo game? DC gives up a PK because Mark Birch handled the ball. The Firpo player runs up and literally stops at the ball...waits for Wicks to move, and then hits it into the opposite direction. He could have read a book in the time he was standing still. Ref didn't call it though at the PK stood.

3 minutes later, Gomez hits a nice FK for DC and it's 1-1.

6. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was the first leg 1-1 also?

7. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    5-1 in Jalapa, 8-1 in aggregate and still 25 minutes to go, I believe in playing he 90 minutes, but Pachuca shouldn[t be shooting at the net anymore, that is just humiliating.

8. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    While a MLS powerhouse is struggling with a not so good Firpo. Not a good image for MLS, not good.

9. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd say the first leg is not so good. Tonight, DC has looked the better side on the road. Not as good as Dynamo reserves looked for the first 60' last year -- but I think they look the better side.

10. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC is running out of gas.

11. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah...heading to ET now.

And I have to say that I think DC have been the better team in this game (at least since the 35th minute or so when I started watching). Neither team has been dominant but DC could have 2 or 3.

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Firpo had the PK and pretty much nothing else. This has PKs written all over it

13. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .. and then there is Fred. That guys has had a nightmare tonight. How come he could not have played this way Saturday night?

14. freshpow21

freshpow21 Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    DC looks more composed in the 90+ but not dangerous.

15. freshpow21

freshpow21 Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Fred's red card was well deserved. Idiotic.

And now we go to penalties. Come on MLS.

16. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. His brain has been gone for a while due to fatigue. I think Soehn should have pulled him in the second half.

17. freshpow21

freshpow21 Member

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Whew....they squeaked by. :)

18. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DCU through on penalties. 5 for 5.

Wow. Attaboy United.

Good recovery from a poor showing at home. This just shows you how important it is to win your home legs. At every stage of the tournament.

19. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Results from Tuesday, August 4

Puerto Rico Islanders (PUR) 0-0 Toronto (CAN)
    Puerto Rico advances on aggregate, 1-0

Jalapa (GUA) 1-7 Pachuca (MEX)
    Pachuca advances on aggregate, 10-1

Firpo (SLV) 1-1 (pen. 4-5) D.C. United (USA)
    DC advances on penalties after aggregate was 2-2

Two more games on Wednesday and three on Thursday.

20. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I saw most of the Puerto Rico game while getting an ear full of an Orange Slice and let me tell ya'.......

They both sucked. even with Dero, Toronto sucked. of course you see Nick "The Butcher" Garcia running around with his little bandana and "Welcome to the MLS........where I suck" Serioux throwing elbows and getting the other team's players red carded in the proccess, or even that Shitti/ Vitti or whatever his name is, and you understand it a little. But I see a Islander team that is playing for a draw and wants nothing to do with ball kick it as far away as the could only to have land at midfield. then see KFC add up to five strikers and the best the can do is hit the post from that crosseyed Danny the Dicko???!!!

Ah..............blah :rolleyes:

USL owns MLS???

HAA !!

It should be: "Kick Toronto out of North America!!"

21. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that's what you saw too? I didn't get the red card at all, and nobody seemed to explain it or even care about it. The only one who protested it was the guy who got the card, I would have thought his team mates would have been all over the ref, it was a terrible call. Not only that, it was very late. Then Garcia had to come over to help out, I'm sure he had something to do with the call, somehow.

22. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing I could figure out that made sense for the red was possibly Offensive or Abusive Language.

23. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm thinking it's about time FIFA rewrites the rules on what is allowable on a penalty to something like this:

After the referee blows his whistle, which is the signal for the kick to be taken, the kicker must kick the ball in a forward direction (not necessarily at the goal, though this is almost always the case). The ball must be kicked after a run-up by the taker, who may not stop, stutter, or hesitate in any way once the run-up has begun. If the taker scores after violating this rule, the penalty kick shall be considered a foul against the team taking the penalty and the defending team awarded a goal kick.

24. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    You should'nt be sad we eliminated a canadian team, that dosnt field alot of americans but we do.

25. ishabuu

ishabuu Member

Apr 6, 2007
    The Islanders wear orange, so they are ok in my book.