CONCACAF and CONMEBOL should merge.

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by dodgers323, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Arriba el Veracruz Cabrones!

2 bad the team can't pay their bills :(

3. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why is it always the Concacaf bringing up a Merger? Why is that? If its such a big money makers than why don't you ever hear about the Conmebol mentioning any merger? because its ridiculous! I don't even know how many football nations the concacaf has? Anyone? And who may I ask you in going to be in charge of this entire confederation? If it came down to votes per nation, I'm sure it'll be someone from the Concacaf. And do you honestly think someone like jack Warner from Trinidad and tobago are going to tell Brasil and Argentina or Uruguay what to do or how to run things? If you do than you are more naive than I thought. Or you don't see this as a problem...EVER? I can just imagine how hilarious that would be. i would do a practice run so I can just laugh. We don't get along right now!!!! Especially since most of South america didn't back the concacaf in the last World Cup bid. and you don't see a problem with schedules, Flight time.. etc..etc..I think it took Emelec of Ecuador something like a day to get to Chiapas for a Copa Lib game. You don't see that as ridiculous? how about our qualifiers? our players will no longer be able to come home and than fly to venezuela or peru for a qualifying game, instead all our players will have to fly directly to mexico or canada or Costa Rica? Yeah O.K...You always bring up money but guess what? mexico is not the biggest Football money maker in the America's nor do you pay the best.. you ready....... BRASIL IS!!! and yes, brasil has an economy bigger than mexico and brasil doesn't suck on the tit of the U.S.A..all this money comes from where and is broadcasted thru which station? Foxsports? Not only did AFA break all relations with Foxsport but told them to shove their contracts up their ass. Which is kind of funny you brought that up because I happened to watch a episode of Futbol Picante, and they were saying that the Mexican league is very poor compared to past seasons and the reason is that no good Foreigners are going to mexico. "now we have Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Venezuelans and second tier paraguayan".. Their words not mine. Explain why 3rd and 4th tier Argentines, Brasilians and Uruguayan are not going to Mexico like before? No Money? I remember Montenegro that plays for America Bitch, cry and Moan about leaving Independiente to go to Mexico. Poor guy.. Where is all this huge pot of Money that you claim Mexico brings into the Conmebol? I haven't seen it and neither has any other south American. Where is ths HUGE MONEY going and what advantages or "advances" has the Conmebol seen since Mexico has been "ALLOWED" to play with us? you want the answer? NONE.. let me repeat this "NADA" or, "NIL" if you didn't UNDERSTAND that, how about "ABSOLUTELY NOTHING". Noone here and I doubt you will answer, but What's in it for the Conmebol?

yes, Mexico does well in the Copa America but why is that? Unfortunately our countries take that tournament with a grain a salt which hopefully will change now that its every 4 years. Explain why Ecuador has only won 1 game against Venezuela in the last three, Yes..LAST THREE Copa America yet finshed second a in Qualifier and made it to the second round of a World Cup pushing England? You can't explain that can you? You comparing Mexico's Copa America stats is ridiculous and no indicator on how mexico will do in our qualifiers. Hell Brasil and Argentina can't win in Quito but Mexico Can!!!! You want to know the difference between qualifying in the Concacaf and the Conmebol? On a bad day Mexico will come out of a Concacaf qualifier with a 2-0 win. On a bad day in the conmebol you come out with a 6 goal trashing from Bolivia. With all those Stats in the Copa America, Why didn't Mexico beat uruguay in the World Cup? You did watch it didn't you? Uruguay made it the Semi-final. Not bad For not being World Class according to you. that's something Mexico has yet accomplished. In the History of the World Cup, mexico only has one victory against a South American Country. just one! and that was against Ecuador, but I blame that on Bolillo Gomez.. What was Bolillo's famous statement about Ecuador first World Cup appearance? "Ecuador va al mundial a Aprender" Defeatist attitude if you ask me but whatever.

Why is it that Mexico wants to join the Conmebol and keeps talking about mergers? Listen. just because you play with us doesn't mean you are going to get better! either you have it to be great or you don't. just asked the other nation in the Conmebol that have been playing with us since the beginning of time or better yet ask all those nations in Europe that play Champions league, and Eurocup qualifiers and World Cup qualifiers and tons of friendlies. Hell, Why is Ireland not a great Football nation? LMAO..

So there you have it.. No trolling.. no Lies.. No jokes.. just straight up facts, substance and logical arguments.. This is what you wanted right?

4. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i must say im convinced they are as delusional as the nads... lol

to play with them...you have to have th "it" factor guys...

wonder where Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela, Ecuador left it LOLz

5. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank

Ya llego el payaso!

Lmao

6. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, Anything truthful or with substance or anything that make sense backed up with facts is laughable. Just the reaction everyone expected from payasos like you .. I sincerely DOUBT anyone including yourself will refute that post without trolling or coming up with something that is HONEST.. LMAO..

7. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol at you watching futbol picante

8. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn't say i watch it all the time..I like the old guy with glasses. I saw him at the World Cup. He has a way of talking that I like. O.k since Futbol Picante is not a good program. That what is? Tell this argentine what is a good Mexican futbol program to watch? Jorge Ramos :D

9. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There really isn't a good program about Mexican futbol in the states

Those guys are the most pathetic, bitter pair of old men to have ever graced television... however, they occasionally do bring the lol's

You're better off watching that other shit show republica deportiva

At least there you get something to look at :D

10. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and I thought I was pessimistic about our futbol. Those guys are ruthless about Mexican futbol..

11. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Alot of what you said makes sense but could you explain Mexico's recent (please don't bring up pre WWII history) head to head record against Brazil and Argentina? We've already posted Copa America statistics and I can put those up too a little later. Trashing a team that keeps beating you over and over just looks silly.

12. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In meaningless friendlies? or World Cup games meeting? You can't Compare Copa America stats where certain countries don't give a damn to Qualifiers!! You have no idea how Mexico or any other concacaf country will do in our Qualifiers. Who is trashing a team? and Mexico beating Argentina and Brasil over and over and over again? Since when? What are you talking about? This thread is about merging both Confederation and Where Conmebol is standing. It doesn't make any sense or there is no advantage for "US" to do so. Noone has said anything remotely interesting as to why this will happen.

13. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    We do have an idea, based on Gold Cup games, Copa America games, Confederation's Cup games, friendlies, youth World Cups, etc. between our nations. Jeez what more do you want?

You seem to think our qualifiers are a cakewalk. I've never seen multiple players in a CONMEBOL qualifier (and I've been to several) leave the field bloody from being pelted with batteries, rocks, and pissbags the way they have in Mexico and Central America. And there aren't any countries in South America that hate each other as much as US - Mexico or Mexico - several Central American nations.

I guess you haven't read through the thread.

Recent (1990s-) head to head matchups. Don't worry I'll post them later. You might be right about this not making any sense, bnut it isn't because every CONMEBOL team would just roll over us like nothing (the way several people here are suggesting.)

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I wait for those head to head stats both Argentina nd brasil and please highlight games that matter like Worls cup games..Did you just say that the USA vs Mexico is worst than Brasil vs Argentina or Brasil vs Uruguay? You know what. This is ridiculous.. Whatever and still NOone has said anything interesting on how or why this merger will happen and what's in it for the Conmebol.

15. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    because no one in this fkn thread actually believe its a good idea...or a plausible situation becuase of the logistics...it wouldnt fkn work...

the actual discussion has been fkn highjacked by the uruguasho, thinking chants, stadiums and large flags are what make Uruguayan/South American football some powerhouse...:rolleyes:

the dude fails to realize that only Brasil has actually won meaningful tournaments in the last 20 years...something no other south american country has done...

no se cuelguen de los huevos de Brasil...son muchos...se los van a romper

16. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I didn't read all of the trolling. I've always said Uruguay was a sleeping giant especially when they stopped or killed that Garra Charrua crap and played great futbol like we all know they are capacble of. I guess Uruguay reaching a semi-final is not enough for some of these Posters from powerhouse football nation....:rolleyes:

and believe me Argentina and Brasil will never take credit for anything Brasil does. Now that is Funny :D...

Thread Closed...

17. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm gonna ignore your condescending, "Ima c-unt" tone, because you at least brought in some insight into this.

1st point, don't use Futbol Picante for objective journalism. Yes, they bring out the dirty laundry from the FMF, but if you'd bother learning about those guys, dude with glasses you claim to love, is what we call in Mexico "un ardido," basically, he used to work for the big two, but got fired and is just pissed off at the federation, because the federation is controlled by the big two tv stations. Just because they aren't on the NT's nuts doesn't mean they are objective. They take this very pessimistic side, run with it, and sell it to the millions of frustrated Mexicans who see an underachieving squad and get frustrated, and it's working.

2nd, I can speak for myself and if you would've bothered to have read it, thoroughly, you would of learned that I said yes, a merger would be impossible. I was going to put this in response to one of the Uruguayan asshats posts, but figured he's a troll and honestly, why give time to morons. NO ONE would want Warner and co., running stuff, since I said, for the most it is simply to the benefit of the Caribbean bloc. Yes, that let's you know just why Mexico would want to get the ******** outta this confederation, undoubtedly if the merger happened, these nations would not want to lose their power and vote on bloc to keep Warner in, and everyone else would start bickering and make it a guarantee Warner would win (this is the ugly side of football, the politicking, evident in the debacle that was the WC hosting ceremony). So, being realistic, I said the merger was deemed to impossible, and said maybe an intercontinental cup. You bring up the money, but please, be real and objective here, if Mexico didn't bring in sooo much money in the US market, among the Mexicans here, why the ******** do they keep inviting them, since most of CONMEBOL apparently looks down on us soooo much. I dunno, ask CONMEBOL where's that money, but if you believe Americans as a whole tune in to watch America for Brazil or anyone for that matter, please tune into ESPN once in a while, America, no one here gives two shits about, unless you are into football, and that leaves...us, Mexicans (latinos, as whole) and a few Americans. Yeah, we suck of USA's teet, but when this market brings in soo much money, you'd have to be naïve to believe otherwise from a corporate giant that is FMF, simple economics bro. Why does it bring soo much money, mostly from nostalgic Mexicans and Mexican-Americans who really aren't too aware of the quality of football being displayed, plus selling out 90,000 or in the case of Cowboy Stadium 100,000+ stadiums for the expensive rates they are. It's not really hard to understand just why we are sucking on that teet.

You honestly believe that Mexico would not, at least finish fourth, in your qualifiers. I don't get the argument that is the hardest one, since half of the nations make it. You bring up Uruguay, yes they won two WC, but in the all-time series, Mexico has beaten Uruguay, and one ********ing victory in WC does not just make you a thousand times better than Mexico, yes, we bring up Aguirre being shit, but it was ********ing 1-0, in a match that was quite boring. And Uruguay, no offense, you ********ing used a handball to get in, against a good Ghana squad. Yes, you went to penalties and redeemed the handball, but honestly, without the hand ball there would be no penalties.

P.S: Read my posts more carefully, I get sarcasm doesn't get across well, but I did say that our performances in Copa America is like being the smartest kid on the short bus...meaning it's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome. Yeah, we finish third, but Uruguay, until the past WC has been mediocre really, and so has the rest of CONMEBOL.

This is to Antonio: Honestly, I can't remember the last time we beat Argentina in a meaningful game. The only one I can remember is the 1-0 victory in Copa America with a Ramon Morales sweet spot free kick. And that was in a group stage, where Mexico, I believe finished 1st, and then went on to lose to a Brazil U-22 squad by a 4-0 thrashing.

18. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Since Mexicans are bad at soccer, all they can talk about is multimillion dollar stadiums... Because on the field (and on the stands) they don't stand a chance to any South American country (except Bolivia, Venezuela and maybe Peru)

Real football, real fans, real glory, real history, are in South America.. If you want a crapy copy of a European league, with bad fans, crapy teams, go to Mexico, I'm sure you will be more excited to be sitting in a very modern stadium instead of watching the all mighty AMERICA or the giant CHIVAS (?) hahahahaha

The only reason Mexico would like to play in CONMEBOL is because they could play against REAL TEAMS, with REAL FANS.. Maybe one day you will be able to play in a big league, just maybe.. haha

Te moris por jugar en la CONMEBOL Mexicano, no jodas más y aceptalo

19. JRB92

JRB92 Member+

Sep 23, 2009
    Lol

A mediocre Jaguares side made it to the quarterfinals of the Libertadores.

What does that say about the almighty Conmebol clubs?

20. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Oye muerto de hambre...you forgot that we dont chant, have enormous flags and dont have the "it" factor...

shit man stick to your guns...

:rolleyes:

21. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And they were the only team that dropped points against a team of the bolivian second division...

22. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Are you Serious? yeah, because Junior is such a force in south america. I mean In colombia after, Atl nacional, Deportivo Cali, America de Cali, Once caldas, Millionarios, etc.etc..and didn't Jackson martinez score two goals? another blind spectator.. The only reason certain clubs..hint..hint.. are even competitive is because our 1st, 2nd, 3rd and even 4th tier footballers play in europe. Do you even know what would happen if all our players came back to play for our clubs? it wouldn't even be funny and you wouldn't even be able to get out of the group stages. So your ALMIGHTY CONMEBOL CLUB reference is what exactly? Almighty or at a fifth tier level against your best + south american? Even still the Copa libertadores is greatest competition is the world..

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Do you want me to response to this? Like I said, Always a vulgar response.. As Expected..

too much info. I really don't care..The only time I watch an episode of that program is when there is absolutley nothing to watch on tv which is EXTREMELY rare. For anyone that doesn't know or care anything about mexican futbol. That is what they see. That is the Vision they send out to the world. I asked someone else here, which is a good mexican Futbol program to watch and they said "NONE"... again., as expected..Instead of bitching about that program how about naming a few good ones? if they exist..

First of all, Noone looks down at you.. you are an outsiders..Period. Always will be.. How do you expect to be treated? Like a cuate? We still get into brawls with our neighbors down here. its odd if you don't see a brawl between Conosur nations and we have been playing together for over 100 years..Yet you expect a attitude like" hey everyone, The mexicans are here, let's sing Cumbaya" Not ever going to happen. You can bring all the money you want. How's that working out for you? If That's what your futbol is about, that's fine. Our futbol and how we see it down here is alot different. and No, you are not bigger than brasil on the futbol $$$. and I don't know why the Conmebol keeps inviting mexico. the Copa Sudamericana is fantastic.. maybe something not football related. Mexico had its chance to leave after being treated like shit by brasil and Uruguay. I personally would have left and never came back. So why didn't mexico leave? That;s the question..I mean if you bring in SOOOOO Much money...one thing is certain. Down here. we can have a Economic collapse, we could be starving, homeless but guess what? Football will be played mula or no mula.. The Copa lIbertadores, Copa America will be played no matter what.

and you honestly believe that your little azteca is invincible to all our nations? I can't remember the last time Argentina beat Venezuela in Venezuela or Ecuador for a qualifier but mexico can because they are mexico and all the Copa America stats say so and all the Friendly stats say so and because you look down on everyone down here that's not a powerhouse..Blah..blah,,blah..and yes Uruguay is 1000X time better than mexico because they beat you in a WORLD CUP game. how much more legitimate do you want? and they made it to the semi-final to boot..you want to mention a handball? are you serious? How about henry doesn't use a handball and shitty ass france doesn't qualify and Ireland does? How about Mexico doesn't make it pass the first round since Ireland was 1000x time better than France...someone was even Lucky ENOUGH to tie South Africa..

this is the same guy that said that the USA vs Mexico is worst than any south american rivalry. If this was the old bigsoccer... God help him..

Well , I guess Finally we can all agree that this merger is Ridiculous.. Wow we just agreed on something..Its fair to say that after your opening offenses toward me, anything after this will be completely useless and trolling and uncalled for.. Have a good one!!

24. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the CONCACAF; its fine how it is. Sure we need new leadership, but the qualies are fun, and it is getting better.

25. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A Fellow mcintosh owner..Sup man! long time!! instead of all these Merger talk, how about talking about how to better the quality in the Concacaf? But guess what? Its not in mexico's interest to better their own Confederation. They like it the way it is. You ever notice as soon as someone mentions replacing Mexican clubs with Mls Club in the Copa libs, a whole new GENRE of arguments pops up? Why is that?