CONCACAF and CONMEBOL should merge.

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by dodgers323, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Chivas stadium...

You can have fancy stadiums for 100,000 people (Like the Azteca, that you don't fill in Copa Libertadores matches for example), you can copy Ríoplatense fans, you can keep on buying South America players, but you will never be better than Argentina, Brasil or Uruguay...

You have never won any World Cups, no Copa Libertadores, no Intercontinental or Mundial de Clubes... So why bother arguing with you guys ? You talk about stadiums, so what ? You have more money, you think that will ever make you guys better ? Man, those stadiums you showed me from Uruguay are real, so ? From those teams come players like Cavani, Arevalo Ríos, Sebastian Fernandez... Hahaha please Mexican, you are not at the level of none of the 3 big South Americans.. Keep on talking about stupid stadiums, I keep talking about players that you see on top Euro clubs

2. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ur the one who brought up stadiums moron...

and just so you know, the company who built the stadium owns chivas, so the owner built it fktard...

stop putting ur self in the same level as brasil and argentina idiot... cause ur not...

i feel sorry for you... your league is complete shit.. no sense in arguing that,

you talk about trophies and all...

whens the last time uruguay or a uruguayan club won something??

seriously...

3. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    At least we've won something HAHAHAHA looser

Oh, sorry, my bad... I forgot you've won CONCACAF hahaha oh and um, historically, Uruguay is just a bit behind Argentina, but just a bit.. That's why we both have 19 International cups, that's more than Brazil for example

Uruguay = 19 International cups (World Cups, America Cups, Olympics)
    Mexico = 12 International cups (CONCACAF regional cups and a Confederations cup)

See the difference ? You talk about stadiums, I talk about cups
    You talk about stupid things, I talk about history and glory

Besides you talk about stadiums when Uruguay is a country of 3.5 million people, while your country is 100+million... Altough you have about 40 times our population, we've won cups, are a symbol of world football, have had great players and still do...

You're best player in your countries history is Chicharito, please... Nothing else to say after that hahaha bye bye Mexican, stay with your 60,000 seats stadium that you barely fill..

4. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    haha i like the fact ur dumbass didnt answer the question... lol

fk outta here

5. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    HAHAHA I shut your ass haha bye bye HIJITO

6. Ags09

Ags09 Member

Club America
    Mexico
    Jun 16, 2006
    Philly
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    u didnt answer the question moron ...

we're all waiting, whens the last time urugay won anything?

7. Misterioso

Misterioso Member

Dec 10, 2005
    How many cups has Uruguay won since you are alive? How about since your parents are alive?

You won most of your cups when the game was practically only played in Europe and South America. Uruguay is the epitome of dirty tactics and cheating. You are nothing, you belong in the history books.

8. Socrates_81

Socrates_81 Red Card

May 27, 2008
    Blank
    An Uruguayo on Brazilian and Argentinian nuts? Haven't seen that before. Lol

This guy tried to pick on FMF stadiums, and he's Uruguayan? Hahahahhahahaha

Mexican stadiums are way ahead of anything, and I mean anything the entire south America has to offer.

Brazil only now will be catching up, only because of a push because they have the cup in 2014, or else they would stay in shit stadia like the rest of south America.

9. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I guess this is his white flag.

10. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    The majority of CONMEBOL just doesn't want it, and to some extent they have a point, it's their tournament. But outside of a couple of Honduran and Costa Rican clubs, the MLS and FMF are way ahead of the rest in the region. Playing down south does give them some experience and a valuable chance to improve.

11. waltlantz

waltlantz Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Yea i'd chalk it up to

1. Being a cultural thing, it's for the Latin countries

2. Being money thing, unless there is substantial windfall in profits, it makes no sense.

I'll defend our soccer, but admit we have a long way to go, we have to be top dog in audiences not split the audience with Euro leagues.

12. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Let's steer this in the right direction and ignore the trolls, meself included.

So, why does CONMEBOL not do this? I mean they could really benefit from the money the Mexican federation brings and American corporations, to the point they would ignore our "shitty stadia and terrible stadium atmosphere." el oh el.

:w

13. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Caribbean Islands!

Federations are one country one vote, do you think Brazil/Argentina want Jack Wagner running the Americas Federation?

Central America + North America + South America = 20 Votes.

Caribbean + Suriname, Guyana and French Guiana = 25 votes (30 with the not FIFA countries)

14. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    CONCACAF merging with CONMEBOL , not happening ! I honestly feel that FIFA should give CONCACAF 2 spots to qualify and give the rest to CONMEBOL ! USMNT and Mexico are the only teams that deserve to participate at the world cup ! The rest of the teams... SMH !!!

15. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3.5 is just right.

16. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    hmmmm nope

17. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel the same way about conmebol

Give brazil and argentina guaranteed spots.. maybe .5 for whichever conmebol country is hot at the moment

18. Handsome Solo

Handsome Solo Member+

Mar 24, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    This.

Honestly outside of Brazil and Argentina, it's not like the rest of CONMEBOL is that much better than the top CONCACAF, if better at all. A lot of people say Uruguay is third in the entire continent, but I mean one really good WC doesn't put them as clear cut faves over Mexico in a neutral setting. Sure we have a lot of minnows, and their minnows (Bolivia and Peru) are just in terrible tough times (Peru), who I feel are on the up with Markarian as coach. So, while the likes of Central America (except Honduras and Costa Rica) and the Caribbean would not be able to compete. Making a tourney with all 9 CONMEBOL and the top 4 CONCACAF with three teams competing to take the final three spots, wouldn't be such a bad idea. I think the only thing that is troublesome is the HUGE distances between countries, and while it certainly would create a weak federation with many very terrible teams, I feel countries trying to create somthing in this federation (the Panamas, El Salvadors, Honduras, and Canadas) would benefit greatly from this. And CONMEBOL would gain a lot of votes when time comes for FIFA elections and such stuff, and they would benefit from huge amounts of money. My only issue with this are the distances and perhaps Warner and co. would probably still be in charge.

So, instead of a merger, why not just hold a Continental Cup.

4 Groups, with only host nation guaranteed a spot. (4x4). Top three teams in the Americas gets group host advantages. Further details can be given, but I'm in school right now and can't be arsed into developing this further.

19. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Quitando a los dos grandes de sudamerica:

Mexico 86: Paraguay y Uruguay a octavos, Mexico hasta cuartos

Italia 90: Costa Rica, Colombia y Uruguay a octavos

USA 94: Mexico y USA a octavos, nadie del resto de la conmebol

Francia 98: Chile, Paraguay y Mexico a octavos

Cor y Jpn 02: Paraguay y Mexico a octavos, USA hasta cuartos

Alemania 06: Ecuador y Mexico a octavos

Sudafrica 10: Chile, Mexico y USA a octavos, Paraguay a cuartos y
    Uruguay hasta semifinales

Como pueden ver, no hay la diferencia que algunos quieren aparentar.

20. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Why do people keep saying ''without BRASIL ,ARGENTINA" withoutout them what!? Every country in CONMEBOL has to compete against them to qualify to the W.C. , unlike CONCACAF where the "BIG TWO" are USA, and Mexico ! I have nothing against USA and Mexico , but let's be honest the rest of CONCACAF is far behind ! They deserve at most , 2.5 teams ! CONMEBOL'S 6th and 7th place country's would do far better in a world cup than CONCACAF'S 3rd ,4th, 5th ! C'mon let's be serious ! STOP trying to bring up past W.C. performances !!!

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahora quita a las dos grandes de Concacaf para ver que pasa?

I mean sure the best 4 or 5 concacaf countries would compete for Conmebol 3rd to 5th spot but the problem with the merger is the rest of the concacaf countries.

It is easier to talk about Mexico, C.R. Honduras going to Conmebol than a union of the 2 federations.

22. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember reading a stat that Conmebol has the best record of any federation when it comes to rounds advansed/teams in the tournament.

23. El Washatero

El Washatero Member+

Nov 5, 2007
    AP Top 25!
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in 2010

24. ECUA-718

ECUA-718 Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Compare : Paraguay - uruguay - chile - ecuador - colombia - to a costa rica - honduras - el salvador - jamaica - trinidad & tobago - guatemala - canada *******and i didn't even mention the bottom of conmebol ***********

25. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Quite a Brasil y Argentina porque generalmente el resto de los sudamericanos se cuelgan de ellos.