Concacaf all star team

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Voodoo Mama Joojoo, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Gerardo Silva

Gerardo Silva Member+

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yes it happened, you can search it in Google/Wikipedia/Forums, etc..
    Confederations a youth tournament?
    Sweet Jesus, I don't know how he claims that knows futbol when he doesn't know what a Confederations cup is...

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    You spazzos are talking about the Olympics, which is a youth tournament.

3. Gerardo Silva

Gerardo Silva Member+

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He was talking about the TWO biggest trophies that a CONCACAF team has won in all the time and I don't think there is a person who disagrees with that....
    Now If you think that Guys with 23 years old, ae "kids", plus the 3 players that could be 30+ years old.. is a youth tournament, you don't know anything, but I bet you that if the USA would have won that trophie you would't say that... pff..

4. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    [​IMG]

5. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Suarez, Thiago Silva, Cavani, Salcido, Park Chu Young, Hulk, Juan Mata, Adrian Lopez

Just a few who took part in that Youth tourney tho

6. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #481 Miguel Myers, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    Bump...
    Make your CONCACAF World Cup XI:

5-3-2
    Keeper: Ochoa
    Defense: F. Johnson, Maza, Rafa, Umaña, Layún
    Midfield: Herrera, Jones, Bolaños
    Forwards: dos Santos, Ruiz

7. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that 6 Mexicans, 3 Costa Ricans, and 2 Americans? That doesn't seem fair given how far the teams went.

8. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    Here's a 5-3-2 based on whoscored ratings:

-------------------------Dempsey (7.19)------Campbell (6.9)

-------------------Jones (7.39)-----Herrera (7.17)----Cameron (7.37)

Diaz (7.06)--G. Gonzalez (7.55)--Marquez (7.38)--Rodriguez (7.14)--Umana (7.07)

--------------------------------------Howard (7.87)

ceezmad and Miguel Myers repped this.
  9. NoeMH

NoeMH New Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    After seeing the World Cup, I'd go with this:
    GK: Tim Howard/Guillermo Ochoa/Keylor Navas. Either 3 would work.
    RB: Paul Aguilar
    CB: Rafael Marquez
    CB: Hector Moreno
    LB: Miguel Layun
    RM: Bryan Ruiz
    CM: Hector Herrera
    CM: Jose Juan Vasquez
    LM: Cristian Bolaños
    CAM: Clint Dempsey
    ST: Joel Campbell
    Honorable mentions to Oscar Duarte, Michael Umaña, and the other Costa Rica CM whose name I forgot.

Went for an all Mexican defense as they definitely played great in this World Cup, if only they showed a bit more of concentration in the last game vs Holland. Bryan Ruiz, Bolaños, and Campbell from Costa Rica had to be in this. Definitely their best players this World Cup. Of course you can't forget Dempsey who is USA's best players. Hector Herrera and Vasquez were revelations this World Cup. Both were Mexico's engine in the midfield and now European teams are on the look for these 2, especially Vasquez.

Now if we're gonna base ourselves on names and season performances with clubs I'd go with this line up:
    GK: Tim Howard
    RB: Paul Aguilar
    CB: Rafa Marquez
    CB: Hector Moreno
    LB: ?
    RM: Bryan Ruiz
    CM: Hector Herrera
    CM: Michael Bradley
    LM: Clint Dempsey
    RS: Giovani dos Santos
    LS: Carlos Vela
    Bench:
    Guillermo Ochoa
    Keylor Navas
    Oscar Duarte
    Matt Besler
    Francisco Rodriguez
    Miguel Layun
    That Honduran fullback who plays for Wigan
    Wilson Palacios
    Landon Donovan
    Carlos Peña
    Luis Montes
    Jose Juan Vasquez
    Kyle Beckerman
    Jozy Altidore
    Joel Campbell
    Javier Hernandez
    Michael Umaña
    Felipe Baloy
    Christian Bolaños
    Jermaine Jones

Miguel Myers repped this.
  10. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I kind of made that XI on the fly, just to get some convo going.

Of course the keeper position could easily go between Ochoa, Navas or Howard. All three were not only incredible, but I don't think its an argument that CONCACAF won the case for best keepers in Brazil.

I would have added another U.S. player in there in the defense, but frankly, their defense was no quite their strong suit. You can sub in and out Bradley and Dempsey in this XI. I personally went with Jones due to his threat in the offense and ability to run down plays.

11. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    The defense you're really neglecting is Costa Rica's, which held Holland, Italy, Uruguay, England, and Greece to two goals total (including two extra times).

12. NoeMH

NoeMH New Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    C
    The thing with Costa Rica was that they knew how to play defense as a team. Against Holland I noticed how Costa Rica played the offside trap a lot and to get the offside trap correctly most of the time you must know how to connect very well with your back line not to mention their midfield dropped down and helped a lot. In terms of individuality, Rafa Marquez and Hector Moreno showed their quality as CB's. Moreno seems like he's on his way to being World Class while Marquez showed why he played for Barcelona all those years. Paul Aguilar also did a tremendous job at RB/RWB and showed why he's one of the best RWB's in the continent. He was tireless, he attacked and defended well, he was doing clearances. Marked well and his tackles were good. Layun could be more debatable but overall he did well in this World Cup.

13. beamish

beamish Member+

Jul 6, 2009
    It's a little weird to concede that Costa Rica's defense performed better than Mexico's, to have all the players on your back line be from one country, and to not have that country be Costa Rica.

The offside trap is a team skill, but it's one that individuals have to be able to carry out. It seems unfair not to count that coordination in favor of individual defenders, in the way that it would be unfair not to count completed passes in favor of individual midfielders.

14. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    writing like an US fan but...Costa Rica is the new top dog in CONCACAF?

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #490 ceezmad, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    Gonzalez from Costa Rica had one hell of a World Cup, he not making some lists is crazy spazzing shit.

I would give the GK to Navas, but good arguments can be made for Ochoa and Howard.

Campbell also showed a lot mostly being on an island, he only scored 1 goal, but he ran his ass off.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If people going to use final World Cup standings to talk shit to each other, then they must recognize that Costa Rica is the daddy of Concacaf right now.

Obviously this is new because 4 years ago some of the people here would not argue in favor of using final World cup standings (and some that argued in favor then, will argue againt them this year).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup#Post-tournament_team_ranking

17. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yep.

Costa Rica and Cruz Azul are top dogs in Concacaf!!

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    They deserve it. Quarter final finish in the WC with style and some hard luck. Hats off to him.