Compression wear - all info, questions here please.

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Jun 26, 2013.

1. falc39

falc39 New Member

Aug 10, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Do you know of any companies that make a quality compression short with extra room? I've been wearing Skins and Under Armour and I looked on both their sites and couldn't find it. A lot of baseball compression shorts seem to have extra padding too which is not what I'm looking for.

2. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Dude, how big are your balls? I have had no problem with any of the ones I've worn. Anyway, these ones with space for a cup don't look like they have padding.

Wytefang and appleCORR7 repped this.
  3. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    [​IMG]

problem?

jayc23, Wytefang, cliftonjosh and 3 others repped this.
  4. b0sk1

b0sk1 Member+

Jan 28, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Better than having them flop around and taking a pile driver of a shot in the groin

5. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    UnderArmour and also look at Nike. Go into a sports store that sells all the different sports and go into the baseball section. You can even get slider shorts.

6. Wytefang

Wytefang Member

May 11, 2013
    I'm not sold on these really doing much, either. In fact, at times I feel like I'm almost fighting the compression while wearing them and having to work harder rather than less. I'd say that a good ice bath and/or ice-heating process along with a few ibuprofen would be far more successful than just wearing a pair of tight underwear. YMMV, of course. :)

7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I never wear mine while playing, i wear them after i've played. That's when they can be of maximum use to you & help aid your recovery. Give that a go.

appleCORR

Wytefang repped this.
  8. Lowieee

Lowieee Member

Jul 3, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You should try conditioning wear or "CWX"
    they are an american and japnese compression brand that is really good, they are sold majority on ebay and in terms of what model you should get. The CWX expert are the best for your scenario

9. Wytefang

Wytefang Member

May 11, 2013
    Thanks, appleCORR, I will try that going forward. :)

10. Shinobu

Shinobu Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Narnia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seems like a boot thread to me

noob-bob repped this.
  11. ChargersNo8

ChargersNo8 Member

May 28, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Personally, I've found ice baths to be a godsend after a long run or match while compression products never seemed to do much for me. I have a few pairs of UA and nike shorts that I wear while playing to keep myself from flopping around though if you get my drift. :D

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Too much info .... lol

I have ice baths and stuff and it helps, but I've found that sleeping in some skins after a hard training session or game really does help with recovery, I've done that for years its just my skins are wearing out now so thats why i asked about other models that might be a bit cheaper.

Luckily I've found some Skins for £30 so I'm happy!

appleCORR

ChargersNo8 repped this.
  13. David89

David89 Member+

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    :rolleyes:

don't know the meaning of the word..

jayc23 and appleCORR7 repped this.
  14. cliftonjosh

cliftonjosh Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I finally found a powerweb top today for $12. Should do great under my kit now.

jayc23 repped this.
  15. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have the power web compression shorts. I got them at the Adidas outlet for around $25 last fall. I still think I prefer regular old compression shorts, though. The fit is just kind of awkward (really tight above the knee, not quite tight enough around the rear). The length is a little weird, too, coming down RIGHT above the knee, nearly on top of it, which feels odd and looks even more odd poking out of the bottom of the shorts.

16. RunnerRunner

RunnerRunner New Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    For the past few months I been research compression legging & short and came across Supacore compression, it looked like they specialized in soccer compression. Has any else try their compression yet or is it just another compression??

17. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've never heard of them. The thing with Compression gear is you need to be able to feel it in your hands in my opinion to see how stretchy it is. I sometimes have a lot of trouble with my calves & ordered some compression sleeves from amazon. When they arrived they were AWFUL they looked the part but certainly lacked the compression elements are the material was crap.

I personally would love to try those new Nike recovery leggings but they are £100! I think it depends how seriously you want to take compression. If you feel like you need it to recover after games and will rely on it. You will have to spend more money no doubt about it. I'd go with Skins.

If you just want something to keep you warm on the other hand. I don't think it really matters what you wear Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Macron they will all act as a base layer for you.

appleCORR

18. Decency

Decency Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    8 pints and a kebab is perfect for recovery, no need for leggins close thread

Oli Coultas and appleCORR7 repped this.
  19. Jackal_17

Jackal_17 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Here in Canada, it's the indoor turf season right now and there are cheap owners who don't turn on the heat. To combat this, I wear full length Nike tights with shorts on top a la Robben.

Last couple of games, I lost my tights and just wore shorts. I noticed that my legs are more fatigued after the game after more sore.

I know it's only anecdotal evidence but I personally feel the difference of wearing compression shorts/tights.

20. monta

monta Member

Oct 19, 2009
    CA
    Club:
    Real Sociedad de Fútbol
    Coming back from a pulled hamstring I wanted get some compression gear to aid in my recovery. The Nike and Adidas stuff wasn't real compression to me so I wanted to buy something from a company that focused on compression gear. I researched and found compressport. I bought their quad guard and it has been nothing but amazing. I'm never sore and I can really feel the support. They're a bit pricey, but I would recommend them to anyone wanting compression and recovery gear. I'm planning on getting their calf guard next.

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thats the problem all the decent compression stuff costs a lot of money. As i said before I wear Skins for recovery but they are getting a bit old now and i need a new pair which is going to be costly!

appleCORR