Completely Off-Topic 41432

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Drake44444, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That Manti Te'o story about his fake girlfriend is just bizarre. Can't ever say I've heard anything so weird before.

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happened?

3. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. GENK

GENK New Member

Jun 27, 2009
    Belgium
    Club:
    KRC Genk
    I've just read Jonathan Wilson's book Behind The Curtain, an excellent work on Eastern European football. Now I've rediscovered my interest in Ukrainian and Russian football, I was wondering if you guys could advise me on some good websites I can follow. Mainly in English.

5. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I can only think of a boy in a bubble.

6. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    At the end who gives a shit, I'm sick and tired of this tabloid cheap entertainment mentality this great country has.

LokomotivZee and Real Corona repped this.
  7. Rhand

Rhand Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Mol, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  8. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    ЧМ по легкой атлетике-2013

Страна З С Б Всего
    1. Россия 7 3 5 15
    2. США 6 11 3 20
    3. Ямайка 4 2 1 7
    4. Кения 3 4 3 10
    5. Эфиопия 3 3 4 10
    6. Германия 3 2 1 6
    7. Великобритания 3 2 5
    8. Чехия 2 1 3
    9. Украина 2 1 3
    10. Польша 1 2 3

9. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine

An amazing relay. Especially on the last leg.

10. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Russia ends the track and field championship having the most gold medals and the second most overall behind America.

11. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Estonia gave up a fool's penalty in the dying moments of their game with Holland and lost a historic win. Amkar's Vasiliev scored a double.

12. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Love this goal.

13. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    lol at me posting Russian footy in here.

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We LOL at you everyday.

LokomotivZee repped this.
  15. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    You're one to talk.

16. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Klitchko beats Povetkin in a very wide decision, 119-104 on all three cards (knocked Alexander down four times). Backlash against Vlad's performance has been vicious amongst boxing fans, and that's saying a lot as he's always heavily criticized for his excessive clinching/leaning.

Was a horrendous fight from the sound of it.

17. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I watched it. Klitschko jabs would land almost always, and Povetkin would constantly start leaning down to not get hit by the right after them. So what would happen is, Klitschko get 1-2 shots in, Povetkin leans down with his head and Klitschko clinches. Klitschko's left pretty much won him the fight because the jabs and hooks would land very frequently, but Povetkin managed to avoid a straight right, which if landed would of knocked him out for sure. Still managed to knock him down 3 times, which apparently Povetkin never has been in his career.

I'm not really sure if there is anything left there for Klitschko. Perhaps a tournament of Fury, Helenius, Pulev, Adamek. The winner of which faces Klitschko.

18. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    My favorite athlete of all time;

19. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen:

20. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Povetkin looked awful. He would battle inside and then not do anything. DSH knew he was soft, and it showed in how he just threw him around at will. Povetkin looked no different than the rest of the pretenders. I think one of DSH's early combos scared Povetkin off.

21. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    It's been blown out of proportion by the media. Obviously a very minor incident, but you'd figure that the land of Gazprom would be able to make a better working Olympic gas torch.

Excuse me for the cheesy puns.

22. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    2 rounds were very exciting, the rest was boring. Nobody even close to challenging them in the ring, too beastly for anyone to make them actually display fighting skills. So instead they just go along not risking a fluke KO and just win fights in a boring way. The HBO guys said that Klitschko's learned that hanging/clenching/cheating technique from the late great Emmanuel Steward who taught it to Lennox (who himself used it on Vitaliy after a viscous shot landed that looked to have probably knocked him down if he wasn't able to steady himself onto Vitaliy, saved by the bell a few seconds later to escape the round). They need to be penalized after 2 warnings because it really slows the fight down and makes it boring. Sucks that there's nobody for them to fight, but their 6'8" beasts who are cut up like Greek statues. Good luck finding guys like that. I wonder if Vitaliy at 41 yrs old would've beaten Ali in his prime lol? Boring unanimous decision, just too much of a physical beast, with excellent hands and accuracy to boot.

Max Kellerman was critical of him but didn't go overboard. He said that Klitschko's are in the echelon right below Ali and Joe Louis. As a two headed monster they are the most dominant ever.

I don't watch all their fights but I've seen a fair share. Povetkin was better than any challenger I've seen in the past couple years. Granted he was still pretty bad but he gave him a few uncomfortable rounds even though he didn't land much.

23. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Footy Vlad always had stamina issues, without the clinching he'd barely last 5 rounds before he gasses.

Despite their dominance they're still awful for the heavyweight division and boxing.

24. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    They are unmatched by anyone, beastly champions. There's literally nobody that can beat them. Vitaliy can defend his title on his 50th bday if he wants to. Just sucks they won't fight each other. No Klitschko duel and Mayweather v. Pacquio is what's awful for boxing. Vitaliy forced Lennox into retirement lol nuff said.

Btw remember how you like to think Ukrainians love to cheer on Russia in futbol? Klitschko was the fan favorite in Moscow fighting the homegrown hero. He was cheered on before and after the fight lol ouch. First it was Rocky the American and now the Ukrainian... Russian fans no self respect bandwagon hoppers :)

25. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Ok dude, did you see Vitaly's face after the Lennox fight? And this w \as a past his prime Lennox, a prime Lewis would maul Vitaly lol.

Sure Klitschko was cheered, Povetkin has a tiny following in Russia. Believe me no one cared about this fight.