Coming back from broken elbow

Discussion in 'Player' started by FORZAROSSONERRi, Jul 5, 2012.

1. FORZAROSSONERRi

Nov 18, 2011
    Melbourne
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've recently returned from a broken elbow(out 9 weeks), and I've got approx. 110 minutes of game time under my belt, i'm usually pretty critical of myself, and I feel that I've played poorly in these 2 games.

I've had a very poor week on the track training wise, and I've got a game on Saturday.

Basically, what I want to know is when you come back, how do you find it best to get back into it? I now find myself always 1-2 steps to slow in terms of reading the play, and I'm usually great at this. How long has it taken you to get back to your pre-injury self, obviously the best thing is game time to fix this problem. But, it is indeed very frustrating.

Sorta just venting here a little bit/looking for advice and some perspective on the situation, and other's experiences. This isn't my first major injury, so I know the process.

2. nicklaino

nicklaino Member+

Feb 14, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Your just rusty how's your skills? Player skills are like milk they go bad fast. Work on your skills you will get it all back from playing.

3. FORZAROSSONERRi

Nov 18, 2011
    Melbourne
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dribbling seems to be the only skill i've been able to maintain.

First touch has become poor, and incosistent.
    Shooting the ball first time off a pass.
    Shooting from range, struggling to make proper connection on the ball. Used to be a very good range shooter
    Passing has become poor, weighted passes, can still see the runs except cannot execute like I used to.

My shooting technique/passing technique involves the outstretching of my arms for balance, when I had broken my elbow I couldn't practice these skills due to not being able to have proper technique. Dribbling was one of the things I was able to keep.

4. FORZAROSSONERRi

Nov 18, 2011
    Melbourne
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    bump, I have a game in 3 hours, hopefully today I can put in a good performance.

going in with positive thoughts that I will do well, and feed my striker infront of me the ball on a plate to score. I try to remain as positive as possible despite the fustration. Wish me luck :)

any tips to, please share!

5. dejansavicevic10

Jun 12, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Wear an elbow brace or something protective around it, so you are not thinking about it too much.