Come Klose so I can see you: Miroslav to MLS?

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by tomásbernal, Sep 11, 2013.

1. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, yes, he does. Because you have terrible reading comprehension and the inability to admit that you might be wrong

FlipsLikeAPancake repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #27 falvo, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
    Admit that I was wrong about the fact that MLS doesn't or shouldn't keep pointing to or signing overage 36/37 year old superstar forwards? If that is the case, every coach, president and/or GM in the world should be wrong also.

3. Christian0910

Christian0910 New Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Aachen
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Today italian newspaper "Corriere della Sera" reported that Klose will leave Lazio in Summer 2014 and play for LA Galaxy. It is even mentioned that both sides came to an agreement already.

4. NOLA

NOLA Member

Jan 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meh, I'll believe it when I see it. Who's he going to replace?

fuzzx repped this.
  5. rei.toei89

rei.toei89 New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    The league almost never signs 36/37 year old forwards; Henry was signed three years ago. And anyone who thinks Espindola is as good as Henry has either never watched the two of them on the field together, or is a fool. Henry is worth every penny, not just for his goals and assists, but for how he makes everyone on the team and in the organization better. Arsenal would gladly take him on loan and play him, still. His skills make MLS defenders look foolish, running past them as if their 15-year younger bodies were made of stone. Did you see the skill and athleticism of his last goal, or the multiple goal-of-the-week nominees and winners he's had this year? He scores magical goals, but the fact that NY has six other players with 4 or more goals is owed completely to him and what he does on the field and in practice.

6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #31 falvo, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Actually, when I initially posted almost two months ago, I wasn't really talking about Henry necessarily but mostly Miroslav Klose who will turn 36 if and when he arrives next summer, after the WC. I still think its wrong to sign a player that age. I mean to each his own I guess but if I were in charge of a club, not so sure I'd point to a 36/37 year old forward. Just my opinion.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Listening to Italian sports programming RadioRadio and the Roman announcers are questioning Klose's professionalism and that he may be on his way out in January. Not sure if its true ore not but that is what they are saying.

http://www.radioradio.it/radio

8. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    isn't it obvious yet that a player nearing the end of his career in europe is still better than your average mls player? there isn't a striker in mls on par with a healthy klose.

9. mattjo

mattjo Member+

Feb 3, 2001
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There aren't many strikers in ANY league that would be better than a healthy Klose. He is still Germany's starting forward on their national team. It is an arbitrary standard to see a player ending his career is better than average MLS player. The players discussed are Klose or Henry; they are not typical players.

xtomx repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Watching the Rome Derby on Rai (Italian TV channel) and the commentator just said Lazio is going to offer Klose a contract after all keeping him in Rome.