Combine the Div. 2 and Div. 3 teams (and amateur teams) into one SUPER NCAA Tournament (4,096 teams)

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by WPS_Movement, Mar 6, 2014.

1. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    #1 WPS_Movement, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Women's Collegiate Soccer needs to combine all the eligible and worthy NCAA teams (at all divisions) plus amateur and local teams, to form one SUPER NCAA Tournament consisting of 4,096 teams. This should include Beauty and Hair colleges. Community colleges who "earn" a bid would also be included, plus other amateur and local teams who earn their way in, including joint vocational. If the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament can expand the field to 4,096 teams (as shown below), then so can NCAA Women's Soccer.

Here's a BLANK bracket template, for all 4,096 teams.

[​IMG]

2. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Well, there aren't 4096 teams in all divisions in North America.

But if the were, it might be a good idea. You could get the whole thing over with in 12 games,giving most teams a whole lot more time to study..

Of course, half the teams in the tournament would be done 9 games into a 20 game season, 3/4 of the field would be done a game later.

3. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Well, according to this link below there are 4,495 colleges in the United States.
    So we need to make sure that all of them have a girls soccer team of some sort.
    Of course, only 4,096 teams make the tournament, so unfortunately 399 teams won't earn a bid.
    Well, that's the life of not putting in your application on time, or not being able to field 11 players.

http://askville.amazon.com/colleges-United-States/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=89958275

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    There are more than 4096 grade schools too. They don't play womens soccer either.

If there were 8,192 teams, that would still only be a 10 game season for half the teams.

5. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    #5 WPS_Movement, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    But why stop at 8,192?
    Could you imagine an NCAA tournament with 16,384 schools, including club and youth teams? Even employer (corporate) related teams with candid female employees in their own formed employer league now could get into the tournament field together as their own team. Just strap an NCAA sponsored logo on their polo soccer kit, and they're good to go. Corporations must let their employees off of work to play in the NCAA tournament. It would be mandated, sort of like Jury Duty (or Maternity Leave, which might be a more accurate analogy here). That's how important this tournament is for all the teams to prepare for and take part in.

Personally, I like "Regency Beauty Institute" as a darkhorse in this tournament.
    I really think as a #2,864 seed in the Southeast Bracket, they have what it takes to advance deep. I honestly think they can make it all the way to the "Special 1,024", which is like 8 rounds away from the College Cup. Yeah I know, the "Special 1,024" is not as far as making the "Elite 8", but it's almost impossible for anyone to make it all the way to the "Elite 8" these days. You need to be like a Top 64 seed in your bracket to realistically have a shot.

I think they'll be recruiting some soccer players pretty soon. They can always have tryouts ..........

http://www.regency.edu/

6. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    You have once again jumped the shark

7. Nacional Tijuana

Nacional Tijuana St. Louis City

St. Louis City SC
    May 6, 2003
    San Diego, Calif.
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What. The. Actual.

8. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    It must be the offseason.

9. eefallen

eefallen Member

Sep 29, 2006
    [​IMG]

Don't forget the Division 2 Academy of Art university in San Francisc0 which fields quite a few men's and women's sports teams including women's soccer.

10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    No, we haven't forgotten about them. In our latest November Madness Bracketology, Academy of Art University in San Francisco is projected to get a 3,894 seed in the West Bracket. Maybe they'll win their first round game.

11. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    In the same bracketology projections, #2 seed UNC (coached by Anson Dorracne) is facing the Palmer College of Chiropractic in the first round. Palmer College of Chiropractic has just recruited their 11th female player, and will take UNC head on 11 vs. 11 (actually 11 vs. 30, as much as Anson substitutes). Vegas odds show that UNC is favored by 89.5 goals. If UNC can find a way to win by a score of 90-0, then they'll beat the goal spread.

http://www.palmer.edu/

12. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

The seeding committe blew it again. Palmer should be playing Virginia.

But what can you expect when there are only 9 games to build an RPI on.

13. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a way to bar a thread from ever showing up when I dial up this forum?

14. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    You are just cringing at having to do an RPI for 8,192 teams....

15. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    #15 WPS_Movement, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
    As of right now, the Hershey Chocolate Institute of Technology is the hardest team to evaluate for the RPI.
    They're a new start up team, and they gave out a lot of chocolate to the NCAA committee to get eligible.
    But no one knows who their players are, and how they play together. They remind me of North Korea.
    Such a great mystery. But they do have a nice practice field in Hershey Pennsylvania.
    And their chocolate brown kits are rumored to be quite attractive. Supposedly they're eatable.

16. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

WPS_movement, please don't quote the onion. I hope you think you're just joking.

17. TarHeel95

TarHeel95 Member

Feb 12, 2005
    On a more "serious" note. Do you think if there was combined All-Star team (All Non D-1) D-2, D-3, NJCAA, NAIA they would win the D-1 Women's National Championship?

My initial thought was yes but the more I think about it I don't think so.