Colorado Portland game 3/22

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by the kool aid kid, Mar 5, 2014.

1. the kool aid kid

Jul 13, 2005
    Just wondering if anyone could provide any info for this game regarding best place to get tickets, best place to sit, best nearby bar etc for this game? A group of us are going to be visiting Denver for this weekend and I have always wanted to check out a game in another stadium (been to plenty of games in Columbus). I know I'll be pulling for you guys to knock Portland down a peg... Thanks in advance.

jayd8888 repped this.
  2. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Portland guy? The TA people will be heading to the British Bulldog before the match and you can catch a shuttle with the C38 Rapids supporters group - unless the TA is putting their own thing together. We welcome all fans except RSL to our tailgates.

The TA will be in section 101 I believe.

If you're not a Portland Timbers guy - I've got a whole different set of answers!! I'd start at 3 Lions or the Armoury before the match - catch the C38 shuttle for $10. If you want to stand and sing and be part of the party - the Centennial 38 Terraces are the place to be - if you want to not sit among the apathetic - section 108 is pretty good. But really there's not a bad seat in the house! If you want in on the C38 stuff - http://reservations.c38sg.com

Rapids sell tickets for everywhere else except 108 and the Terraces - those sections are owned by and sold just by C38.

3. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    he said

"I'll be pulling for you guys to knock Portland down a peg."

GoRapids repped this.
  4. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Question regarding section 108: How "kid-friendly" would you say it is? Will the section be standing the entire match? How are the chants (G, PG, R)?

I generally prefer supporters sections, but not sure about kids ages 4-8. In San Jose, the Casbah was okay for kids, but when the Ultras took over, we just couldn't sit with the supporters when the kids joined us...

5. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    I'd say 108 is PG. It's definitely not standing all game - that happened once spontaneously during a play off game - but that's not the case. 85% of the people are are very aware of kids in the section. However, the occasional F bomb is dropped. I have 3 kids myself and I just let them know they may hear things not okay for kids to say and sometimes not okay for adults to say - but such is life.

When there is someone going over the top - they are spoken to as long as it's pointed out to C38 leadership - which this season we have more people aware.

Quaker repped this.
  6. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    Oh, and the Ultras are one of two groups C38 doesn't interact with. Too many pricks.

7. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Sounds a lot like the Casbah, except that the Casbah stood pretty much all game. Think we'll give it a shot. And I agree about the Ultras--not a group with which I wanted to associate.

GoRapids repped this.
  8. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I would agree. Section 108 doesn't stand the whole game (we could stand a BIT more, though). We also try to keep our language under control, although there are a few times that things just require a salty word. There are a few kids around, my nieces have been going with us since they were fairly young.

rod.

GoRapids repped this.
  9. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    One thing I forgot about section 108. Not OK to wear another team's jersey in the section. Seems like you may be a SJ fan, so just keep that in mind. You don't have to wear Rapids gear, although it would be encouraged. We are the supporters, after all!

rod.

GoRapids and JasonMa repped this.
  10. the kool aid kid

Jul 13, 2005
    Thank you sir. Definitely not a Portland guy... I'm born and raised in Ohio so Crew is my team but generally a fan of the league and want to see a good game in a nice stadium. Didn't realize it was the home opener! Sounds fun -- we will probably go for the 38 terrace for the total experience. Can't wait! Thx again.

GoRapids repped this.
  11. xingyiz

xingyiz Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    If you enjoy watching the game I would not recommend the terrace it is very hard to see the match.

12. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say PG-13. Just like in real life, some are fine with their kids younger than 13 hearing the language, some aren't. Brought along a friend and his family last year and I knew he hated foul language, but I had warned him and thought he understood it would happen. I later wished I had sent them to the the family zone.

jayd8888 repped this.
  13. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO

I agree, personally I can't imagine a more boring place on the planet to watch a game, but if its gonna be an issue there's likely some measure of shelter in the family section. I once lost my shit in front of a couple of kids that were looking at me like 'what is wrong with that man.' I believe that overly passionate part of me died with that, it is really just a game. Having said that.... 108 C38 is a classy bunch of people, even when giving the business to an innocent player.

14. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to worry. I was a faithful SJ fan since the first MLS season but have been a Colorado transplant for three years and have split allegiances. (Still difficult to make the change after 15 years, including traveling twice to see the Quakes win MLS Cups!) We have Rapids jerseys and will proudly sport those.

Stuart95, Soaker888, pdid10 and 2 others repped this.
  15. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really enjoyed the C38 experience in Section 108. Definitely PG and okay for kids in my opinion. (We ended up bringing five kids ages 4-11.) Other than the weather being too cold to sport all our jerseys, it was great. Thanks for the heads up!

jayd8888 repped this.