Colombians in the MLS

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by crzdcolombian, Jan 12, 2008.

1. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I no longer follow the Colombian league. I only watch when Millos is playing on Gol TV so I dont know the Colombian players unless there playing in Europe or in MLS. So I'm not sure what you mean with WTF. I've never heard of this guy so do you mean like who the heck is he or why is he going to play with Chivas?

2. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    why is he going to CHivas !! They are a shit team and the kid is 19. Other youth guys we sent aren't doing that great and he is leaving ON LOAN !!! NOT PURCHASE !!! One thing if we sell to the MLS but they just keep getting our players for Free or on loan. Our teams are too stupid or cheap to do anything about it as well.

Doesn't MLS have a fing Forigner policy what is this 40 colombians now? By next year they will have more then venezuela

3. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if players pick where they want to go, I guess they can say no. Well unless you can play at Barcelona and in that case you can pick and chose. Maybe they are going to pay him more and the kid gets to live in LA. I think that would be better than living in Tunja for most.

Not exactly sure, but I think each team can have 8 international spots unless they trade for more from a team that might not be using all of theirs.

I hope the salary cap is raised soon and there will be even more talented players picked up from both from Colombia and abroad making the MLS better.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    sysco the deal.....is that correa was called up by pekerman for the NT....so is like robayo, that when he start to make a NT career he decided to go to a league where colombians players are not seen.....just a bad choice

5. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thats abit exaggerated. Montero, Chara, and Robayo have respectively played their sports on the NT. Montero hasn't been getting calls because Falcao and a few other strikers are ahead of him. Robayo is still to be determined, but as far a we know Edwin Valencia hasn't even been called! and plays in Brazil for many years!! :eek: Don't tell me Colombians don't look at that league too. I guess we can say the same about Diego Arias while in greece, he only got one call as well.

My point is this Colombian coaches prefer FPC players than Abroad players unless they play in England, Germany, France, Spain, or Italy. Some cases Argentina and Mexico. WHY? I guess because of the traveling, the training time I suppose.

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Montero surely will be ahead of darwin, rodallega, ramos and teo...if he would elected another league....

Edwin Valencia case is almost a fact that he has a banned since he leave america.....and was proved it when Bolillo regret at last minute to called up against Spain friendly.....

Not is a secret that if you decide to go to mls....you say goodbye to your NT, at least you are Pibe Valderrama

Last Copa america only three players from FPC were called up.....the rest were foreigners neither one played in the mls

7. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vamos a ver como Pekerman afronta esa situacion, los tecnicos anteriores de el eran medio bruticos y su "mundo futbolistico no va mas alla de España Francia Italia Portugal y Alemania....
    Depronto Pekerman empiesa a llamar gente de otras ligas

8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't agree. Montero is a good player who has been in a good form, but in my opinion both Ramos and Darwin can help us more then him and play in the wings and both of them have a better dribble and can create chance better then him. I would also prefer Rodallega and Teo over him, but the first one is in horrible form and barely plays and the second one is psycho...

In my opinion you barely have players in the MLS that justify or fit for the NT. Montero, Diego Chara, Jamison Olave, Carlos Valdez, Jaime Castrillon....did I forget anyone? beside those, who can only be a backup players for the NT, you do not have too many option in the MLS.

9. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When he was in Colombia he won a spot ahead a lot of players.....he was top scorer two times, the fact is that he lost his spot when he signed for MLS, that we stop to be called.....that doesn't matter, the opinions if you say that he is worse player than all.....

10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wouldn't say worse I would use less good. As I can see it now, Falcao, Muriel, Jackson, Teo and Ramos are the best strikers as for now (I consider Pabon as an AMC) and you cannot call too many forwards in your squad. Second, it really doesn't matter that he was a goalscorer twice in Colombia. So was Carlos Renteria, so was Jamerson Renteria and so was Carlos Bacca. So what? maybe we'll give them a call too...Montero was a decent player in the FPC, above average but in my opinion never a material for the NT simply because we have better players then him. I can promise you that the fact that he was signed with the MLS has nothing to do with him not being called.

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

How isn't going to affect? he had 4 caps for the NT, one in WCQ.....then he arrived to mls and history with the NT stopped...

Is very easy and opportunist to say that he didn't deserve a call and that was good enough comparing others, NOW that falcao is a top scorer in europe, muriel is in italy, teo was top scorer in argentina and ramos in germany, martinez in mexico and he is in MLS(i bet you if one of these players, would choice MLS they will have the same history as montero) The opinion of he was worse than the men you say we never known if its true.....but he fact is that he was a NT players until he arrive to MLS...(and i don't talk about my opinion..he was called regularly)

Ps: He was like 20 and 21 when he won the top scorer (two times), the first in his first season, difference renteria and bacca were olders when they get it, after a lot of seasons in colombia

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    When Montero was getting called up all our strikers were shit and in bad form. Then they started playing better in their clubs and Jackson/Teo emerged. He lost his spot. I remember when Montero was getting call up Falcao was not playing well. Wasn't our main striker Renteria at that point?

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Neither of us know that if Montero, would go to Mexico, Argentina or europe......if the history would be different...now is very easy to talk when we have top scorers around the word

14. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pepino, when Montero was called, it was mainly for friendlies but I can also ask you to tell me why other players weren't invited when our regular strikers played like shit? Not only Montero, also Darwin who didn't get too many chances, Marcos Perez who was wonderful in Gimnasia before moved to Spain, Carlos Renteria who was top scorer in Huila. 4 caps is not regulary callups, with all the respect. Plus, he wasn't good in these callupa. Do you really believe that if he would be good, the coaches would not call him despite being play in the MLS? Hell, Victor Montaño is the best example. The guy is in a great form in the past years in the FRENCH football, a league that is a "bit" better then the MLS. Do you wanna count and tell me how many caps does Montaño has in the NT?

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Yes, things in Colombia and in almost all south america works in that way......Toja after being a beast in mls, only was called when he moved to Romania....

Montaño, did the merits to be called....he was ahead in performance than a lot of player.....bad judge of the coach...i don't how it apply in the case, that colombians players of the MLS aren't called

is very easy to shiting in montero, after other players that decided to go a better league are now stars........how can you pretend that he have more call ups when he only had 1 year and a half in pro football? he was being called by lara in all the procces until he signed by mls

pfff darwin received a good number of chances...

16. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    More then Montero yes, but not enough chances to say that Montero is better then him :cool:
    Pepino, I never said that Montero is not a good player nor that he shouldn't be invited. You can invite him first to couple of friendlies and then we'll see. Right now, there are better strikers then him and there isn't a single player in the MLS that I would call for the NT to the qualifiers in June, not because of the league, because we have better players then them in these positions.

17. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    As I recall, Montero did play in the NT while playing for Seattle.

Anyways, my opinion is this..

Montero is NT material, he is good and very talented I've seen him in Cali and I love watching Seattle play. Since the NT use a one striker system, Falcao is the number striker. Then comes Jackson(Who I will rate better than Montero because of height and NT EXP) Then Ramos although I think he can be switched with Montero. I guess since coaches used him more they prefer Ramos than Montero.

If were still able to play in Gold Cup, I'm 100% convinced Montero would of played as a starter along with Olave.

18. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman said he is not planing to call Ramos and Rodallega

19. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    and dayro....really he didn't say.....are just rumors and i think that teo is the next in black list

20. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pekerman confirmed Correa, movement by chives

22. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Werdman89

Werdman89 Member+

May 27, 2008
    Boston, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lionard Pajoy, Carlos Valdes, and Fredy Montero are playing right now on NBC Sports as Philadelphia face Seattle. 43rd minute now.

25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Pablito Angel returned to score in a penalty but Chivas lost 1-2 to Chicago.